Suns @ Clippers Tuesday game thread 12-17-19

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Suns are right back it on Tuesday when they play the Clippers at the Staples Center in Los Angeles.

Clippers (20-8) lost their last game against the Bulls in Chicago 109-106 at the end of a six game road trip.

Suns (11-15) at least can take solace that Deandre Ayton should play in his first game back from suspension. They have lost their last three games.

Game time is 8:30 p.m. MST (Arizona time).

It will be televised on FSAZ.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The wrist brace makes no sense for a forearm contusion imo

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Go suns... been heartbreaking past 2 gms

Get a little redemption by beating clips

RockinDaMike

Veteran
Reaction score
Aytons back, I just know he's gonna be a beast out there. I'm so excited for the rest of the season.

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
I've worn one of those before. Sprained wrist.
That is my thought as well.

Why would the Suns announce it as an arm contusion?
Damage control? Hope for gain?

Is it because an arm contusion heals faster than a
wrist sprain? I would think that an arm is stronger
than a wrist, which is a more fragile area.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Interesting that he has an injury history of that part of the body, hmmm

Seriously you're right. Most basketball injuries are leg related, or body contusions. A wrist/arm issue again??? what gives...

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score

This was kind of my point with the Aron Baynes posts before. The Suns have a history of not exactly being forthright with the public or fans regarding the extent of injuries. If this is anything like the last wrist injury I had where I had to wear a brace like this, Booker is out 2-4 weeks. If it's an aggravation of his previous wrist issues, it could be a heck of a lot longer...

ArizonaSportsFan

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Interesting that he has an injury history of that part of the body, hmmm

Seriously you're right. Most basketball injuries are leg related, or body contusions. A wrist/arm issue again??? what gives...
Call of Duty, Apex Legends, Fortnite, NBA 2k, etc....

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
This was kind of my point with the Aron Baynes posts before. The Suns have a history of not exactly being forthright with the public or fans regarding the extent of injuries. If this is anything like the last wrist injury I had where I had to wear a brace like this, Booker is out 2-4 weeks. If it's an aggravation of his previous wrist issues, it could be a heck of a lot longer...

I don't think it's anything too serious, or he would not have been shooting on Sunday - unless that aggravated it.

Last edited:

Raindog

I didn't come here to be liked!
Reaction score

My guess as a strictly unqualified non-medical professional is that his entire arm may need to be amputated just below the shoulder.

Not good at all. What is the history of one-armed players in the NBA? I would guess this will seriously hamper his career.

Matt L

formerly known as mattyboy
Reaction score
My guess as a strictly unqualified non-medical professional is that his entire arm may need to be amputated just below the shoulder.

Not good at all. What is the history of one-armed players in the NBA? I would guess this will seriously hamper his career.

I hope Sarver has an insurance policy for Booker

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Tonight's injury report. Devin Booker, Tyler Johnson and Cam Johnson are doubtful.

Kellan Olson‏Verified account @KellanOlson

Devin Booker is doubtful for tonight. They are still listing it as a right forearm contusion.

Tyler Johnson (illness) and Cam Johnson (left hip soreness) are also both doubtful.

Cam was probable the last 3 games because of the hip. That's the one he had surgery on.

12:19 PM - 17 Dec 2019

itlnsunsfan

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Tonight's injury report. Devin Booker, Tyler Johnson and Cam Johnson are doubtful.

Kellan Olson‏Verified account @KellanOlson

Devin Booker is doubtful for tonight. They are still listing it as a right forearm contusion.

Tyler Johnson (illness) and Cam Johnson (left hip soreness) are also both doubtful.

Cam was probable the last 3 games because of the hip. That's the one he had surgery on.

12:19 PM - 17 Dec 2019

Cam having problems with the hip he had surgery on is a bit worrisome.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Cam having problems with the hip he had surgery on is a bit worrisome.

The same here. My guess we won't hear much about the details unless it becomes serious. I'd like for the Suns to be more forthcoming about injuries.

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Ugh man i got little zzz last trying sooo hard to stay awake for gm.... got like 3 hrs lol but sooo want to see ayton return

I hate 830 tips lol wish all suns gm tiped off at 5

Go suns

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ugh man i got little zzz last trying sooo hard to stay awake for gm.... got like 3 hrs lol but sooo want to see ayton return

I hate 830 tips lol wish all suns gm tiped off at 5

Go suns

Bummer. Ayton could have a big game though. Someone has to score!

Seeing Ayton return is probably one of the main reasons to watch.

Late games are a downer though especially when the Suns lose. Once the adrenaline is flowing it's hard to sleep.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson