Several Teams Pursuing Josh Rosen

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
how often do rumored trades usually end up getting done? seem less likely than not. normally a trade just happens... at least that's what it seems like a lot of the time.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I don’t get this at all, we seem to be the only team interested in Murray, if we didn’t take him at #1 he may fall all the way until our 2nd rounder.

If we really are interested in him, which I hope isn’t the case, why not use our 1st on Q or Bosa and then when it gets to the pick of one of these teams who are into Rosen and Murray is still there, then do a swap??

That is baloney.

The other teams just don't think he is available because we are picking him. Both the Giants and Raiders are interested in Murray.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
LOL.

Gullible coming someone who has convinced himself that mighty mouse is better than the best short QB in the Super Bowl era.

Spare me...

You are the one who presented coach speak as if it's something more.

And I've never said that Murray is better than Wilson, I've only said that's the best comp and I think he COULD be better.

I know you are English, but do I need to school you on our native tongue and the nuances contained within? My family may have left England, but we kept a pretty good grasp of the language over the past 400+ years since we left the country. (meant to be totally tongue in cheek and in way do I mean to disrespect you).

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have not been a fan of trading Rosen even if they draft Murray but giving him up for a second pick is a ridiculous.

Rosen may well go on to be a starter next season for some other team if not the Cardinals.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Weird that we hear about all of these teams interested in Rosen but none interested in Murray.

Everyone is convinced we are taking him per every source I have read.

If we aren't taking him it's the worst smokescreen ever done because you smoked your way out of a trade.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
I don’t get this at all, we seem to be the only team interested in Murray, if we didn’t take him at #1 he may fall all the way until our 2nd rounder.

If we really are interested in him, which I hope isn’t the case, why not use our 1st on Q or Bosa and then when it gets to the pick of one of these teams who are into Rosen and Murray is still there, then do a swap??

This makes sense but the Raiders are the original 'Al Davis' physical traits rule which Keim has been chasing in concept of late who might take Murray due to his dynamic attributes. Look, I no longer care about his height because the new flag football league offers him a lot of protection, it's just really hard to gauge the kid from where he has played and hence a huge gamble when you still have Rosen who I still believe in and apparently other teams. I am looking at guys like Bosa, Quinnen Williams, Allen and yes Oliver and do not see the urgency to scrap Rosen because Rosen can fit a KK system from what I have seen of both entities. Now if KK wants Murray, then I give the guy to him so I can get the full justice to the man I hired... but from a football sense of long term and the ebb and flow of coaching, I personally would stick with Rosen

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
Yeah - so Murray has a top 5 college qb year by all statistical analysis. He is one of the all time best rushing qb's of all time, and is the only qb in texas high school football to win 3 state championships - But your position is he is not worthy of the top pick.

I guess we just have to agree to disagree then.

The difference between quinnen williams and some guy we pick up off the waiver wire for the DL just isn't that great. We are talking about a position where the difference between a mediocre player and a stud is 3 tackles a game, and 1/2 a sack and 1 hurry. It's just not that big a deal.

If collegiate stats predicted pro stats, Mariota and Tebow would be crushing it in the pros right now as both of them had similar stats to Murray at some point in college.

I don’t put much stock in college stats. I put stock in physical and mental makeup, leadership, and commitment. In some of these domains, I have concerns with Murray. Enough to completely disregard him for this team. This is not saying he won’t be good, but rather, or needs are not at this position and investing our most valuable asset in Murray would be foolish with all things considered

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score

Oakland and Miami have shown interest.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score

If we aren't taking him it's the worst smokescreen ever done because you smoked your way out of a trade.

Not exactly, because let's say we take Murray and do not get a team wanting to trade a first for Rosen... fine, there will be some teams early in the season which will come around for him and ideally holding him might garner the best trade route except for the possibility of personal issues in the locker room waiting for that time and limited snaps for guys sharing at the position

GuernseyCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
That is baloney.

The other teams just don't think he is available because we are picking him. Both the Giants and Raiders are interested in Murray.

Really !

Source?

Both Gettleman and Gruden have clearly stated they're committed to Manning and Carr in the last day and Haskins is the QB most associated with NY.

GuernseyCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

No we haven't because there could be a move by Oakland to get the projected best pass rusher in the draft (Bosa) at #1.

Delmar M Lewis

All Star
Reaction score
That is baloney.

Then let them trade for him we need all the talent we can get on both sides of the ball unless you think Murray can play offensive line defensive back linebacker and d line all at the same time

GuernseyCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
You are the one who presented coach speak as if it's something more.

And I've never said that Murray is better than Wilson, I've only said that's the best comp and I think he COULD be better.

I know you are English, but do I need to school you on our native tongue and the nuances contained within? My family may have left England, but we kept a pretty good grasp of the language over the past 400+ years since we left the country. (meant to be totally tongue in cheek and in way do I mean to disrespect you).

One of the nuances of the English language is to ignore everything after, 'with due respect' or similar phrasing.

Riddle me this: Why don't you characterize everything KK says about KM as coach speak?

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
All bologna.... lol

Trade down and draft Murray at wherever you trade to. Then trade Rosen too. He’s not #1 pick worthy and if he was teams would be offering the farm to move to #1 just like other drafts where it’s iccured.

Ohcrap75

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
So some dude said that "some team" offered a second round pick for Rosen. And we are supposed to take this as fact? Did he even name the team that offered? What am I missing? Can I report that there may or may not be team interested in taking a QB in the first round over one of the next three drafts?

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
One of the nuances of the English language is to ignore everything after, 'with due respect' or similar phrasing.

Riddle me this: Why don't you characterize everything KK says about KM as coach speak?

I haven't ONCE played up the fact that KK's comments point to Murray. I think that either 1) The Cardinals want to draft Murray based on all the rumors THROUGH OUT the football world. OR 2) They are building one the best laid smokescreens in the history of the sport.

KKs and Keims comments have been noncommittal either way. They have praised both prospects, and it's either an attempt to build Rosen's trade market AND to demonstrate that the Cardinals do want Murray OR they are just trolling the football world to get the best trade offer out there.

Good try, but you didn't get me again :)

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
All bologna.... lol

Trade down and draft Murray at wherever you trade to. Then trade Rosen too. He’s not #1 pick worthy and if he was teams would be offering the farm to move to #1 just like other drafts where it’s iccured.

If he is worthy of trading your starter and selecting, he is worthy of taking #1. Don't get cute. Don't not trade up when you want Mahomes.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score

That's one take, but the other view is that some team will believe that they have to give the Cardinals a really good offer to get Murray.

thightower34

Rookie
Reaction score
Isn’t there like a $10M cap hit if we trade Rosen?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ohcrap75

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Well now it is getting crazy. This came out 16 minutes ago

https://boston.cbslocal.com/2019/03/27/report-patriots-interest-trade-qb-josh-rosen/

So we have a confirmed 2nd round pick offered.

It's either going to land on a 1st or like a 2nd and a 3rd

Is Undisputed the Skip Bayless show? Are you saying that what Klatt is reporting is 100% true? I would buy it if it was more specific or it was Schefter reporting. Sounds to me like a guy stirring the pot up in Pats country

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson