Back from Indy...my takeaways.

LittleDavis

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
1. Lucas Oil Stadium is a beautiful place.
2. The stadium was LOUD.
3. It was filled with Indy fans...they have a solid fan base.
4. I was in the sixth row at the 50 yard line behind the Cards bench.

The game
1. I only traveled one time zone and I was thrown off. The Cards traveled three.
2. This team was off. The whole team.
3. The make shift O-line was in shambles.
4. Not having Gresham was a problem...inserted Holden and he struggled.
5. CJ's first series started to shift the momentum...and then back to KW. I don't understand this other than the coaches are not going to let one player become a cancer. CJ is going to earn his carries.
6. They really started to gel by the 4th and you could see it on the sidelines and in the conversations.
7. Palmer spent a lot of time alone during the third quarter but came back fired up.
8. Dansby was all over Reddick and the D. Can't wait for Buc to get back.
9. This team is going to take a few games to figure out who they are...but I think this win was a huge step in the right direction.
10. I don't think we can discount losing DJ, Gresham, Humphries, Lupati, John Brown(although Nelson stepped up). Many teams would have folded and lost...not this team.
11. Brissett is not Tolzien. He is a solid QB who spent a season with BB. He can move and has nice zip on the ball. The Cards finally figured out how to handle him in the second half.
12. Not a great analysis but I do have hope that this young team will come together with the leadership of the old guys.

PS I was not aware of how intense CJ's ticks are but wow...

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
Good write up.

This team may not be playoff caliber, and I am sure some here are very certain of it.

But, as you put there are a lot of injuries to key spots, there is a chance this offense does get a little bit, not much, but a little could be enough to be more competitive against better teams.

Not the best played game, but at was exciting.

Cardsfanstl

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
1. Lucas Oil Stadium is a beautiful place.
2. The stadium was LOUD.
3. It was filled with Indy fans...they have a solid fan base.
4. I was in the sixth row at the 50 yard line behind the Cards bench.

The game
1. I only traveled one time zone and I was thrown off. The Cards traveled three.
2. This team was off. The whole team.
3. The make shift O-line was in shambles.
4. Not having Gresham was a problem...inserted Holden and he struggled.
5. CJ's first series started to shift the momentum...and then back to KW. I don't understand this other than the coaches are not going to let one player become a cancer. CJ is going to earn his carries.
6. They really started to gel by the 4th and you could see it on the sidelines and in the conversations.
7. Palmer spent a lot of time alone during the third quarter but came back fired up.
8. Dansby was all over Reddick and the D. Can't wait for Buc to get back.
9. This team is going to take a few games to figure out who they are...but I think this win was a huge step in the right direction.
10. I don't think we can discount losing DJ, Gresham, Humphries, Lupati, John Brown(although Nelson stepped up). Many teams would have folded and lost...not this team.
11. Brissett is not Tolzien. He is a solid QB who spent a season with BB. He can move and has nice zip on the ball. The Cards finally figured out how to handle him in the second half.
12. Not a great analysis but I do have hope that this young team will come together with the leadership of the old guys.

PS I was not aware of how intense CJ's ticks are but wow...

Was there also. Agree with all your assessements.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Young team? We're the oldest team in the NFL... other then that good write up.. Thanks

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Young team? We're the oldest team in the NFL... other then that good write up.. Thanks

Yep this is a fact. Cardinals are the oldest team in the league. Obviously there will be a major change to the roster next year as this team sheds several aging vets. The window has officially closed

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
I should have worded that differently. We are counting on a lot of young guys in key positions and the team as a whole have not played or been through a lot together.

While I 100% agree, there is not much to look into:

QB: None
RB: None
WR: Chad Williams, ?JJ Nelson?
TE: None
OL: Will Holden at RT, ?Evan Boehm at center?, ?John Wetzel at guard?
DL: The young guys are out there
LB: Haason Reddick
CB: None
S: Budda Baker, Rudy Ford

Guess it is better than not doing anything.

OP
OP
LittleDavis

LittleDavis

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
While I 100% agree, there is not much to look into:

QB: None
RB: None
WR: Chad Williams, ?JJ Nelson?
TE: None
OL: Will Holden at RT, ?Evan Boehm at center?, ?John Wetzel at guard?
DL: The young guys are out there
LB: Haason Reddick
CB: None
S: Budda Baker, Rudy Ford

Guess it is better than not doing anything.
I was thinking Reddick, BB, Nkimdiche, Humphries, Boehm, JJ Nelson and C. Williams...Golden, Buc, Gunter J. Brown, Wetzel and B. Williams are still young and I hope a couple develop into leaders at their positions.

Catfish

Registered
Reaction score
That was a really nice post Little Davis-----------while I agree with your content------I am not so enamored with your projections for success down the road. It almost seems to me that there are nearly as many unconcerned coaches right now as there are players on this roster. Most of both seem content to simply show up and go thru the motions right now/