Who's focused?

pemory09

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Is it me or does it seem that the Cards are focused on playing their very best game while Carolina seems to be approaching the contest as though the Cards are more of a speed bump on the way to a title? I was browsing some online articles about the game and the stories about Carolina discuss their celebration dances/moves, how they don't believe the weather will bother them, how several of their players have had a breakout season (i.e. how great they are), etc., etc. On the other hand, articles about the Cards are all about how much respect they have for Carolina and how difficult the game will be. Further, listening to the Big Red rally tonight, Fitz and Calais Campbell sounded very focused and business-like. Regardless, I like our professional & respectful demeanor.

MrYeahBut

4 Food groups: beans, chili, cheese, bacon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah, Fitz said South Carolina is a nice place for a golf vacation in May, but this is not the best time of the year to be there and this is a business trip anyway.

conraddobler

I want my 2$
Reaction score
In all my years I've learned it's not what you wish for or dream about it's what you do that matters.

Spending any time thinking about the year they had which they seem to do a lot is not the best use of your time.

Should be laser focused on what to do to beat the other team. I hope our coaches are approaching this game just that way.

Don't care about tomorrow or the day before I care about that one game and beating that one team that one day. I'm thinking they think the weather will bother us. I don't agree at all it won't because we aren't wired like that.

We don't exude that and on top of that the weather is not bad enough to even count on it helping your team. That's the wrong way to approach this thing and I hope they keep it up I really do.

Last edited:

USAFMEDIC

Veteran
Reaction score
Cam is an entertainer and I like how he treats the kids, but seems like the Panthers are more into fun and games. You are right, I hope they keep it up.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Cam is an entertainer and I like how he treats the kids, but seems like the Panthers are more into fun and games. You are right, I hope they keep it up.

One very cocky entertainer

MWOOD92

All Star
Reaction score
The fans over on the Carolina board are pretty cocky about it too. I'm really hoping for a stomping like 2009... they could definitely use one.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
One very cocky entertainer

I'd like nothing more than for Frostee or CC to knock his you-know-what in the dirt. Not give him a concussion or anything, just plant him early. A kind of "Get used to it down there, Cam" kind of welcome to the game. I can't stand showboats, and he's one heck of a showboat.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
I'd like nothing more than for Frostee or CC to knock his you-know-what in the dirt. Not give him a concussion or anything, just plant him early. A kind of "Get used to it down there, Cam" kind of welcome to the game. I can't stand showboats, and he's one heck of a showboat.

way back when I was taught to play the game I was taught a philosophy which I still hold. Hit them hard, hurt them...not injure, but hurt..my coaches always told me if I could hit them hard enough that they have to finish the game on the bench then I did a good job. Sometimes it was not about a single hit but a culmination of several hits over time..... would love to see Cam have to peak out from under his gatorade towel to watch the game........ he says he never gets nervous...I would like to see our defensive front crush that façade and make him know what it is like.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
way back when I was taught to play the game I was taught a philosophy which I still hold. Hit them hard, hurt them...not injure, but hurt..my coaches always told me if I could hit them hard enough that they have to finish the game on the bench then I did a good job. Sometimes it was not about a single hit but a culmination of several hits over time..... would love to see Cam have to peak out from under his gatorade towel to watch the game........ he says he never gets nervous...I would like to see our defensive front crush that façade and make him know what it is like.

:beer:

redheat

A real American hero
Reaction score
All cam cares about is looking cool.

As he mentioned when crying back to the sidelines in Seahawks game. "How can I keep my cool out there".. I assume he has a keep cool assistant on the sidelines with towel ready saying you look cool cam you cool. From the towel on his head to the dances and first down all me's.. It's all about being cool.

So in order to beat cam he must lose his cool. I'm hoping pre game announcement he slips and everyone laughs at him.

Iceman

Administrator
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Most of all, I would love to shut the panthers out of scoring any touchdowns, so Cam and company cannot do any celebration dances!!

conraddobler

I want my 2$
Reaction score
You can tell they have no idea what's coming and no fear because I've seen at least 3 local blurbs that all say the same thing.

Hey we beat these guys last year.

Not one mentioned the fact it was our 4th string QB.

They have no idea what's coming.

crisper57

Open the Roof!
Reaction score
Panthers are confident. They even have time to make another lip-sync video:

Jonathan Stewart ‏@Jonathanstewar1 1h1 hour ago
Savages!..... @Drake #PanthersNation #hottub #bigteam "what a time to be alive"
[can't load video here]

Also. They don't know what "savage" is.

That is all.

Redsz

We do this together
Reaction score
After watching NFL Network this week we might as well not even turn up!

Seriously, it's like the shrine to Cam Newton has already been built and we should just come to worship at his feet. They are all on board the Panthers hype train.

I certainly hope big red has taken notice of this and comes ready to play.

conraddobler

I want my 2$
Reaction score
Last night on NFL Network all three commentators Phil Sims and Boomer were two I remember forgot the third, all of them picked the Cardinals.

They have too much air time to fill you get all sorts of hype it's after all a product they are selling.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
Last night on NFL Network all three commentators Phil Sims and Boomer were two I remember forgot the third, all of them picked the Cardinals.

They have too much air time to fill you get all sorts of hype it's after all a product they are selling.

I saw Boomer pick the Cards. must have been really hard for him to do.

conraddobler

I want my 2$
Reaction score
I saw Boomer pick the Cards. must have been really hard for him to do.

He's mellowed on that some but I'd of been upset too he starts throwing the ball in outrageous fashion and gets close to an escalator clause in his contract then they put the brakes on him.

He was throwing for sick yardage a game just catching up so fast it was hilarious but they got wise to it and stopped him before he got to the marks he needed.

I'd of been a tad miffed with them too.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We're going to smoke this team.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
this is going to sound ridiculous, but the lack of Cbus and his bravado anywhere since the Packer game for some reason has me worried. He had this team pegged as great pretty much all season, but man he's been quiet this week. Come on dude... I'm kind of used to being told how I shouldn't worry about an upcoming game and then feeling stoked that you were right.

WHERE ARE YOU IN MY TIME OF NEED?!

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
this is going to sound ridiculous, but the lack of Cbus and his bravado anywhere since the Packer game for some reason has me worried. He had this team pegged as great pretty much all season, but man he's been quiet this week. Come on dude... I'm kind of used to being told how I shouldn't worry about an upcoming game and then feeling stoked that you were right.

Cheese, we are the more complete team. I think things have broken perfectly for us to go to our second Super Bowl.

Cardinals by 14 to 20 points. The surprise for the country will be how good our defense is going to play.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Cheese, we are the more complete team. I think things have broken perfectly for us to go to our second Super Bowl.

Cardinals by 14 to 20 points. The surprise for the country will be how good our defense is going to play.

If our O-line hadn't crapped the bed so badly in our last two games, I'd be right there with ya, but I ain't gonna lie that they have me leaning Carolina. If they come out and give Palmer time, I think we win. But they gotta show they can handle that front to me again.

Cardiac

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

http://www.arizonasportsfans.com/vb/newreply.php?do=newreply&p=3297047

Hope that link works, it is a post from CBUS about this game. :)