Ossenfort and Free Agency

QuebecCard

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Or we wouldn't have one more games because this roster was so ass and we'd still be picking 4.

Then, not adding some of your unnamed prizes in last year's FA was, at worst, moot, and per usual, you've been ranting for the sake of ranting.

And, in addition, we'd have less Cap available during this year's FA period.

Brilliant!

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
And how exactly does paying bonuses up front put more $ in Bidwill's pocket?
You're just playing dumb on purpose. I'll bite one last time, then label you an idiot if you can't understand.

Put simply, you can either:

Pay one player 20 mill on a 5-year deal, spreading the money over the life of the deal.20 mill paid in cash for the deal, but only 4 mill against the cap year 1.

OR

Pay one player 20 mill on a 5-year deal, and frontload it in the first year. 20 mill paid in cash total for the deal, but 15 mill against the cap year 1.

Same exact cash layout for the life of the deal, but one lets you pretend you're spending a lot more by eating up cap space, while the other spreads the cap hit into future years and lets you sign more players. A kindergartner could grasp the concept.

The response I expect out of a troll: What FA only costs 20 mill on a 5-year deal lol

Stout

Reaction score
I understand front-loading.

Your convoluted examples less so.
You don't understand. Or, rather, you do, but pretend not to. Just a sad, sorry way to try to wind posters up.

What kind of mythological fantasy monsters do these kinds of things on message boards? Troglodytes? Tarasques? Starts with a T for sure.

QuebecCard

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
You're just playing dumb on purpose. I'll bite one last time, then label you an idiot if you can't understand.

Put simply, you can either:

Pay one player 20 mill on a 5-year deal, spreading the money over the life of the deal.20 mill paid in cash for the deal, but only 4 mill against the cap year 1.

OR

Pay one player 20 mill on a 5-year deal, and frontload it in the first year. 20 mill paid in cash total for the deal, but 15 mill against the cap year 1.

Same exact cash layout for the life of the deal, but one lets you pretend you're spending a lot more by eating up cap space, while the other spreads the cap hit into future years and lets you sign more players. A kindergartner could grasp the concept.

The response I expect out of a troll: What FA only costs 20 mill on a 5-year deal lol

All lovely genius, but nowhere can I find in your elementary math how Bidwill actually saves or pockets a 'boatload' of cash by frontloading, which was your assertion initially, and note that you've now moved on to pretend to spend.

Dumb is not noticing how you invariably move the goalposts and refuse to back your (starts with an 's' and ends with a 't'), and I'm certain you can fill in the blanks.

Last edited:

QuebecCard

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
You don't understand. Or, rather, you do, but pretend not to. Just a sad, sorry way to try to wind posters up.

What kind of mythological fantasy monsters do these kinds of things on message boards? Troglodytes? Tarasques? Starts with a T for sure.

I'll take some time, being a bit slow to work that out. But in the meantime, I can say that your diatribes are hardly imbued by Veritas or Aletheia, the Roman and Greek spirits of truth, truthfulness, and sincerity.

Stout

Reaction score
All lovely genius, but nowhere can I find in your elementary math how Bidwill actually saves or pockets a 'boatload' of cash by frontloading, which was your assertion initially, and note that you've now moved on to pretend to spend.

Dumb is not noticing how you invariably move the goalposts and refuse to back your (starts with an 's' and ends with a 't'), and I'm certain you can fill in the blanks.
Sad. Really sad. Eating. Up. Cap. Space. Means. Bidwill. Doesn't. Have. To. Sign. More. Players. To. Spend. To. The. Cap. Less. Players. Equals. Less. Money. Spent. Make. Sense. Now?

I can't type slower or more clearly for you. But, again, you know all this. You're just playing dumb, T.

QuebecCard

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Sad. Really sad. Eating. Up. Cap. Space. Means. Bidwill. Doesn't. Have. To. Sign. More. Players. To. Spend. To. The. Cap. Less. Players. Equals. Less. Money. Spent. Make. Sense. Now?

I can't type slower or more clearly for you. But, again, you know all this. You're just playing dumb, T.

It would make some bizarro sense if I had as little understanding of the Cap as you.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
So 4 -13 with them or 4-13 with out them. Why rant on then?

I disagree that the Cards wouldn't have WON at least one more game if Monti had done what you wanted in FA last year.
One might ask themselves, "if it doesn't equate to more wins what is the benefit in signing players?"

BirdGangThing

Casual Fan
Reaction score
Last year we didn't participate in free agency - Monti went all prepper on us - same in the draft too

Now he's got a fat stack of cash and picks but the cash always comes first - so free agency will dictate our draft picks and process

Sure we can debate MHJ or Alt and trade or no trade but if we address one or both of the positions in free agency...

You must be registered for see images attach

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'll sorry to disappoint all the Dotch fans, but Moore will stay in front of Dortch

Moore is going into the final year of his rookie deal ar only $2.2 million and Dorch will make ~$2 million next year. The difference is that letting Moore walk after next year will most likely result in a draft pick because someone will overpay.

I don't want either back at WR, but my guess is Moore will end up #3/4 and Dortch will be the returner again and full in at WR when injures occur. I'm 100% fine with Dortch as a returner and fill in WR.

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So, anyone else have any targets?
DI JUSTIN MADUBUIKE
DI CHRISTIAN WILKINS

EDGE BRYCE HUFF

CB JAYLON JOHNSON

WR CALVIN RIDLEY

G KEVIN ZEITLER

I think Ridley might be gotten at a slight discount. Then we draft WR MHJ, OT JC Latham, DT Tyler Nubin, OLB Chris Braswell and CB Zemaiah Vaughn with our first 5 picks.

Last edited:

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ridley was such a let down this year.
I was off for a year and half and I think he'll come a somewhat discount. Line him up with MHJ and Wilson and that's a strong trio!

He had 73 receptions, 8 TD and over 1000 yards as their #2 too. He would have led all Caridnas WR on all stats, and only McBride had more receptions for the passing unit.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
I'll sorry to disappoint all the Dotch fans, but Moore will stay in front of Dortch

Moore is going into the final year of his rookie deal ar only $2.2 million and Dorch will make ~$2 million next year. The difference is that letting Moore walk after next year will most likely result in a draft pick because someone will overpay.

I don't want either back at WR, but my guess is Moore will end up #3/4 and Dortch will be the returner again and full in at WR when injures occur. I'm 100% fine with Dortch as a returner and fill in WR.

If Moore is still on the team his role should be making sure Dortch’s water bottle is full.

Goldfield

Formally known as BEERZ
Reaction score

All that for a potential compensatory pick?

Jasper

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
DI JUSTIN MADUBUIKE
DI CHRISTIAN WILKINS

EDGE BRYCE HUFF

CB JAYLON JOHNSON

WR CALVIN RIDLEY

G KEVIN ZEITLER

I think Ridley might be gotten at a slight discount. Then we draft WR MHJ, OT JC Latham, DT Tyler Nubin, OLB Chris Braswell and CB Zemaiah Vaughn with our first 5 picks.

Madubuike was a beast and is going to get paid big time.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joseph Garrison