Suns @ Warriors Tuesday game thread, 10-24-2023 - SEASON OPENER

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I want to bag on Durant a bit but won’t overreact. If he is washed up with 18/10/3 I will take it. If Beal can stay on the court? This team could be scary despite the ugliness tonight.

Last edited:

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I want to bag on a Durant a bit but won’t overeact. If he is washed up with 18/10/3 I will take it. If Beal can stay on the court? This team could be scary despite the ugliness tonight.
18 points on 7/22 shooting isn’t going to cut it if we want to win a chip.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
Kevin Durant says Devin Booker started out "flaming hot."

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Man… what is this crap? Between this game and the DBacks, this is like the first time I’ve wanted to watch Sportscenter since the Suns went up 2-0 in the Finals two damn years ago and they still got some Hockey ******** on? Where the frack is Sportscenter on the other 9 ESPN channels?!

Suns_fan69

Official ASFN Lurker
Reaction score
I hope Frank Vogel is a bit more flexible with his rotations. Grayson so very clearly didn't have it, why not give KBD or Metu a look. Little came in, knocked down a big 3 and then didn't get back on the floor.
The counterpoint I guess is that Gordon was similarly cold and ended up knocking a couple huge shots down.

zett

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
That was tough! i didn't want to pull away from watching the Dbacks but ended up back and forth. mostly missing a lot of the first half of the Suns game. glad both won. Congratulations to the underdog Diamondbacks! the Suns were a little out of sinc, I was looking forward to seeing our 3 stars play a full game together, still think that is going to be scary for opponents. a good start to the season. now lets Beat LA!!!

clyde2tw

All Star
Reaction score
Vogel played Okogie differently on offense than Monty, let him operate more in the paint instead of always parked on the 3pt line. Allen, from the last preseason game to his one, had his shooting touch gone on vacation and with it his confidence on shooting and attention on D. He used to be streaky with Bucks too, which may be the reason he was given away in trade easily. KD both in the playoffs and this game showed his age with his shooting under close coverage. Vogel needs to get better screens to free KD for more space. EGordon is typical EG, can be still clutch despite not shooting well all game long. Nurk is excellent all around except for switching to Curry. Yuta showed why he fits the team, his weakness on D can be hidden in the system. Eubanks committed TOs when he tried too much. Goodwin is solid but not much a PG. The team needs more time together to reduce TOs and occational defensive lapses. This game may not have been this close, had Vogel benched Allen sooner and maybe used Little a bit more.

nashman

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
You out know he’s not gonna shoot that bad every game come on, dude is one of the highest % shooters of all time. The knocked him around tonight and we got poo for calls it happens especially in GS they get every damn call can’t breath on Curry or he’s shooting FTs. Book got banged all night to with not many calls! You bested a championship team on their home floor one of the toughest places to play period, while playing poorly!

zett

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Vogel played Okogie differently on offense than Monty, let him operate more in the paint instead of always parked on the 3pt line. Allen, from the last preseason game to his one, had his shooting touch gone on vacation and with it his confidence on shooting and attention on D. He used to be streaky with Bucks too, which may be the reason he was given away in trade easily. KD both in the playoffs and this game showed his age with his shooting under close coverage. Vogel needs to get better screens to free KD for more space. EGordon is typical EG, can be still clutch despite not shooting well all game long. Nurk is excellent all around except for switching to Curry. Yuta showed why he fits the team, his weakness on D can be hidden in the system. Eubanks committed TOs when he tried too much. Goodwin is solid but not much a PG. The team needs more time together to reduce TOs and occational defensive lapses. This game may not have been this close, had Vogel benched Allen sooner and maybe used Little a bit more.
I disagree with your assessment of yuta's defense. I think he plays much better than I thought he would he moves his feet very well and usually jumps the screen and recovers quickly when he does get picked. he seems to have a pretty high IQ of the game which helps a lot.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
I only watched the first half on DVR b/c this thread described how bad the 2nd half was. Book was a dawg, KD looked fine, though Gordon looked fine, Allen and Goodwin were invisible, Okogie looked like the perfect glue guy, Eubanks is active, Nurkic rebounds and kicks it out in one motion which DA was never great. Moving on from CP3 was a good idea. Again, I only watched the first half cause I’m in a great mood. Go Suns/Snakes!!

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I was out on the town tonight, celebrating the Dbacks win a bit too hard, hardly watched the Suns at all until the 4th, can't presume much...

However...

Booker continues his evolution into a super-duperstar.

And Durant... come on man... He has to be better. Way better.

Also, Goodwin, he looks like a steal. Anything he gives on offense is a bonus, because as a defender, he looks like a monster.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
It could as long as Beal can stay relatively healthy which I know is a big if. My point is a "washed" Durant is still better than a huge chunk of the league and it's only one game. Let's see how he does over a long stretch.

Sunburn

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
It could as long as Beal can stay relatively healthy which I know is a big if. My point is a "washed" Durant is still better than a huge chunk of the league and it's only one game. Let's see how he does over a long stretch.
18 points on 22 shots is well below the league average scoring rate. This inefficiency increases the probability of a loss.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
18 points on 22 shots is well below the league average scoring rate. This inefficiency increases the probability of a loss.
That's a generalization and the only thing that counts is overall team efficiency. If Booker and Beal and one other guy steps up and is efficient they as a team are fine. Again, this is one game. Let's see how he does over a stretch.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I did not like that Durant's go to move was a back-to-the-basket move more than a few times, and not an off the dribble move. This to me, is a sign of his age.

Hopefully he adjusts to real game-play but playing 37 minutes on opening night, is something I didn't expect. 37minutes was the highest (along with Book), including the warriors as well.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
I did not like that Durant's go to move was a back-to-the-basket move more than a few times, and not an off the dribble move. This to me, is a sign of his age.

Hopefully he adjusts to real game-play but playing 37 minutes on opening night, is something I didn't expect. 37minutes was the highest (along with Book), including the warriors as well.
Also has to do with how he was defended. He was beat up on multiple occasions.

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Was soooo pumped on dbacks forgot to post after suns win 1st gm :)

Great to see book ball and kd also gordon off bench

420 lemon desil kush rip to 1st of many this yr :)