Suns @ Mavericks Sunday game thread 3-5-2023

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This was really a minor push-off by Luka. He gets away with far worse all the time and never gets called for it.

That's why Wood pounding his way into the lane with his shoulder stood out so much.

Lorenzo

Reaction score
Yeah but I have nightmares from time to time from last year, where Chris and Booker look at each other and say take what the defense gives you, and that lit a fire in Luka and then the Suns went down quickly and really ugly.
Yeah I think this is pretty close to being even with the suns having the edge as the suns seem to be better overall. But there is some serious star power with those top 4 guys. any one of those guys can highjack a game at any time. Or they can just keep holding serve every game and we get these crazy finishes. Kind of reminds me of the old days of Dallas/Phx and Dallas/Sacramento.

Lorenzo

Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

This pic is everything
I prefer the one where Luka is looking at Booker smiling. But to each their own. Good win for the suns. Tough loss, but happy that dallas played well today and looked like they more than belonged on the same court. Probably going to be home court advantage for Phoenix now though.

NoelPHX

Space for Sale
Reaction score
I prefer the one where Luka is looking at Booker smiling. But to each their own. Good win for the suns. Tough loss, but happy that dallas played well today and looked like they more than belonged on the same court. Probably going to be home court advantage for Phoenix now though.
Luka is a lunatic cry baby. He cries at everything.

Muggz

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I don't want home court advantage lets split here now and amicably and NEVER ever meet again in the playoffs.

BirdGangThing

Casual Fan
Reaction score
I believe it's been updated
You must be registered for see images attach

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Ross is like Warren. He gives you scoring off the bench. Okogie is a stud. He plays hard and he plays defense. I think he gives us more than Craig and others (Ish, I love you man), but if he's being left alone and can't hit the 3 coach Monty needs to make a substitution. I think he fits well with the starting lineup. He brings toughness and defense and he's been great the previous 8 games or something. Hope he forgets this one quick and keeps practicing the corner 3's. They should all practice hitting open 3's LOL.
The fact that Dallas was just ceding the best shot in the game (everyone acknowledges the corner 3 is the optimal shot in terms of risk/reward) and we couldn’t make them pay in the first half screamed we had an issue that monty refused to acknowledge.

Superbone

Phoenix native; Lifelong Suns Fan
Reaction score
The refs screwed us but not about stepping out, slow mo replay shows he clearly hit the line. But Luka was late when he stepped in front, should have been a foul called. And even if he had been there on time it should have been a foul called on him because he moved his leg into Okogie's thigh.
That's not what I saw. I watched it a few times on my DVR. I hate when refs make assumptions without actually seeing it.

ETA: Reading further on, apparently you watched it closer than me. I'll take your word for it. I didn't watch it in super slow mo.

Last edited:

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Not talking about Monty in that post. Chap and I were talking about Mark Bryant.
Yep, and I was just saying, there are certain things you have control over. Perhaps bringing in a better motivator in that role would help.

Superbone

Phoenix native; Lifelong Suns Fan
Reaction score
I usually do, even when in games where I've felt we got shafted, I still thought they were trying to do their job. But this is a joke. The travels, arm bars, push offs when the Mavs are on offense are even worse than the imaginary fouls being called against us. Monty needs to get ejected. Stand up for once Coach.
If he had gotten ejected, he wouldn't have been there to make the winning Wainright sub for Okogie.

Germz249

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Devin Booker talks about the smoke between him and Luka Doncic.

I love the game announcer.. "Booker was yapping at Jokic when he was down"

Booker wasn’t even talking to Luka but hey.. maybe I should go back to my cave so I don’t hear the dumb bias crap..

SirStefan32

Krycek, Alex Krycek
Reaction score
I hate complaining about officiating, but this game had some awful officiating. I love Luka as a player, but I cannot stand what the referees are letting get away with. I counted seven clear offensive fouls they did not call on him. It's like watching Shaq back in the day.

Huge win, and a great example of why the Suns needed KD. I love Booker, but he is not at the level where he is one of the best Superstars when you really need to find a bucket. Watching KD is really amazing- he just scores with ease. I have reservations about the trade, but it's moments like this when I am reminded that the Suns HAD to make that trade. Suns don't win this game without KD.

Another thing is that KD makes things easier for Booker. Booker is getting 35-ish points per game effortlessly now. CP3 gets to "have" to be CP3 for a few minutes per game, which is huge at his age. He can obviously still be the CP3 of old, but he just can't do it for 30 minutes a night. With KD here, CP3 just has to step up for a few minutes.

While I am critical of Monty and his lack of adjustments, he did a good job taking Okogie out after eight missed wide-open threes and going with Ish.

I also gotta give props to Ayton- he disappeared offensively for three quarters, but he did a great job rebounding. He showed effort.

Overall, a good win, though I am still not convinced the Suns are "over" what happened last year. Theoretically, they should only keep getting better from here.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard