Suns @ Pistons Sunday game thread, 11-5-2023

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
KD is fine, but I worry that we’re gonna run him into the ground with Beal and Book out with hangnails
Why do you (and a couple others here) keep trivializing their injuries? It's been painful to just watch Beal try and move and if you don't think Booker would want to play through a broken leg I don't know what to tell you.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Why do you (and a couple others here) keep trivializing their injuries? It's been painful to just watch Beal try and move and if you don't think Booker would want to play through a broken leg I don't know what to tell you.
Agreed. Book’s foot/leg issues ALWAYS get worse when he comes back too soon… as we literally just saw.

And Beal is habitually injured and in videos looks stiffer than Herman Munster.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
I saw that Camara went 3-5 from the field and 2-3 from 3 so I looked up his numbers this year. Prior to tonight he was shooting 30% FG and 21% from 3. Not sure which rotation guy he’d be playing over for the Suns.

nashman

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Not tonight, he didn’t. He had 6 points and 0 FTs in a loss to the Grizzlies in Portland that secured the Grizz’s first win.
And zero Assists, Nurk had 7 assists today… has DA ever had 7 assists?

I was genuinely wondering so I looked it up, one time in his career he had 8 that’s it one time over 6 assists…

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I saw that Camara went 3-5 from the field and 2-3 from 3 so I looked up his numbers this year. Prior to tonight he was shooting 30% FG and 21% from 3. Not sure which rotation guy he’d be playing over for the Suns.

Who knows where Camara would fit because we don't have anyone like him on our roster. He seems to built and plays like a legitimate modern PF at 6'8" and 220 pounds. He has a 7' wingspan and 8'11" standing reach. He's an active defender, like KBD, but has more confidence in his offensive game. He's kind of a cross between between Bates-Diop and Metu. He'd probably take minutes that Little, KBD, and Yuta have been getting as the 3rd or 4th bench player brought in. He'd allow for a slightly larger lineup than we saw early in the year.

It's not just about this year with him though. He's under contract for 4 more years on essentially a minimum deal as a 2nd round pick. Whether he played a lot now isn't the primary reason a lot of us didn't like his inclusion in the Ayton trade. He's making roughly 15% of what Little is annually and I doubt anyone would rather have Little. He's already ahead of Kris Murray, whose also a rookie but taken 30+ picks before him as a 1st round pick, in Portland's rotation. He's a good on ball defender and active off ball. I wouldn't be surprised if he ends up being the 2023 drafts 2nd round breakout player as it seems there's usually 1-2 late 2nd round picks who end up being legit players every year.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not tonight, he didn’t. He had 6 points and 0 FTs in a loss to the Grizzlies in Portland that secured the Grizz’s first win.

And zero Assists, Nurk had 7 assists today… has DA ever had 7 assists?

I was genuinely wondering so I looked it up, one time in his career he had 8 that’s it one time over 6 assists…

I see Ayton played against Biz who was the starter for the Grizzlies.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Biz was also 2-2 from the FT line. In his 20 something minutes, he has taken one less free throw than Ayton has the entire season.

I was hoping the Suns could add Biz to their roster at some point in time. He got a sizeable contract ($5 million) with the Grizzlies for one year, but I think only $1 million was guaranteed.