Suns @ Mavericks Sunday game thread 3-5-2023

Superbone

Phoenix native; Lifelong Suns Fan
Reaction score
We have to remember that there is going to be a adjustment period with KD and the new group. We just need to hang in there for this game. Can't expect to win every game, but this is clear, Monty needs to figure it out ASAP.
I don't know but with KD it feels like we CAN win every game.

Muggz

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I don't have a hard time imagining in about five more years, Luka being a bloated 280 lbs, waddling around and getting about 75% of his points off of free throws.
Thats only 40lbs.
the rest he already does

Superbone

Reaction score
One… that was an offensive foul by Doncic not called and God pretty much gifted us with him missing.

And Booker… ARE YOU A MORON? Jesus Christ. Take the win and don’t do anything to F it up.

Disagree. Well done, Book. Well done.

It was the 14th technical of the season for Doncic, two shy of the threshold for a one-game suspension.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If he had gotten ejected, he wouldn't have been there to make the winning Wainright sub for Okogie.
Fair enough but if he had forced the refs to toss him, maybe they call the game evenly? Then, with a 72 point late game lead, we wouldn't have needed Wainwright there?

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Nice job by Ayton rejoining the fight late. He really looks outta sorts on offense right now. There was one possession as we passed it around the perimeter he was running back and forth at the free throw line trying to figure out who he was supposed to screen for and it was almost comical if it wasn’t so lame. I don’t think monty has figured out how this is going to work.

Good on ish for coming in and capitalizing on the space okogie was squandering.

Though his offense was offensive, okogie gave doncic fits. If the refs called that game legitimately doncic would’ve fouled out on the offensive end. Great effort by okogie.

Book looks freed up to just take advantage of the space KD creates. Pretty awesome.

Paul came alive late. So weird to see how bad he is through the first 3 quarters.

Thought todays game really evidenced Monty’s shortcomings.

KD isn’t really good at basketball. He’s ridiculous at basketball.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
It’s actually becoming comical to me how much Booker is hated by fans and blue checkmarks. If anyone can handle it and embrace it it’s him. Obviously having a top-5 player taking pressure off you, helps.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Imo there’s no doubt the last drive by doncic was an offensive foul. And book was clearly talking to the ref. Was he saying something doncic wouldn’t like? Clearly. But he wasn’t going at doncic. Doncic rushing him fact to face and initiating contact should’ve been an immediate technical on him. Book getting one too was a joke.

Superbone

Reaction score
Fair enough but if he had forced the refs to toss him, maybe they call the game evenly? Then, with a 72 point late game lead, we wouldn't have needed Wainwright there?
I'd like to think that but I just can't imagine the refs adjusting for the golden boy.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks to KD….

Dallas has absolutely owned Phoenix the last 2 years. Monty has had no answers for Kidds adjustments.

Hopefully the Demons were exorcised today.

KD was IT today.
The Mavs won the playoff matchup which was huge for them and embarrassomg for us considering our record and our behavior. And the media kind of plays it up the same way as you're suggesting but no, they really haven't "absolutely owned" us the past 2 years.

Prior to last season we dominated them for several years. Starting from last season we are 8-6 against them including the playoffs and all told they've only outscored us by a total of 16 points during those 14 games. Our shorthanded match where we were missing 4 rotation players accounts for their overall scoring difference as they blew us out by 19 in December.

It looks worse for us (and feels much worse for us) if you start the count at last year's playoffs but even then, we're just down 5-6.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard