Suns @ Bucks Sunday game thread 3-6-2022

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Bucks also just made every big play.

Gotta get the next Orlando game. Hopefully Cam is back for that and we can Stay at .500 sans CP3.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

-

-

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I want more out of McGee, Biyombo and Craig.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ayton becomes too much of a spectator on rebounds and hoping the ball comes to him as opposed to being aggressive and boxing out. This game was lost because of 2nd chance points.
Yeah. He doesn’t ATTACK the glass.

There’s no way he should be averaging under 10 boards. He’s floating down to Amare territory on the boards.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
Another loss where the team that beat us shot 47% from three. This time though we kept up with them.

What lost it is the clear rebounding edge. We were out rebounded by 20. 48 - 27 is a huge gap. Our C's only had 12 boards. The recipe to beat us is clear.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Yeah. He doesn’t ATTACK the glass.

There’s no way he should be averaging under 10 boards. He’s floating down to Amare territory on the boards.

His self motivation problems become even more clear when Paul isn't out there to get in his ear constantly.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Anyone know why Bridges left shoulder was all taped up?

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Ayton kept Giannis in check and got him to foul out. He wasn’t the problem on defense. The guy who’s billed as a DPOY candidate was MIA.

No Ayton had 1 play that really sunk us.

Fall in line bud

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The guy that had 30 tonight was the problem for us huh

I didn't say that. Offensively Ayton was great, but we got killed on the glass and we've been getting killed on the glass a lot lately. Ayton used to have massive rebounding games on the regular and he has not had one in a while. Through January he was averaging 11 rebounds per game on the season, he has had a huge drop off since then.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
What good is that timeout if the game is getting away from you? I’d much rather be down 2 with 1:30 left with the ball and a chance to tie/take the lead versus being down 4 with 1:30 left but still having an extra timeout. That have the Bucks team a little breathing space... and turned up the pressure where we had to play perfect. A tall order for a squad down three great players.
I don’t disagree I was just speculating as to why Monty didn’t challenge what seemed like an obvious overturn.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
I didn't say that. Offensively Ayton was great, but we got killed on the glass and we've been getting killed on the glass a lot lately. Ayton used to have massive rebounding games on the regular and he has not had one in a while. Through January he was averaging 11 rebounds per game on the season, he has had a huge drop off since then.
This is my concern with Ayton of late, which is frustrating tbh as he can control this part of the game fairly easily. I can’t tell if it’s a byproduct of him being pulled to the perimeter, him just not asserting himself, or both. Nonetheless, he has to be more present down below, even at the expense of an extra two PFs/game.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Rebounding and free throw discrepancy really hurt the Suns.

Bucks with 48 rebounds; Suns with 27.

Bucks with 29 free throw attempts; Suns with 11.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Bridges 0 rebounds
McGee 1 rebound
Biz 3 rebounds

You do realize Ayton by himself had as many (8) rebounds and the other 4 starters combined(8)

But again it’s Aytons fault right.

So how many rebounds is Ayton supposed to get to offset the pathetic effort on the boards from the entire team? 20?

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Bridges 0 rebounds
McGee 1 rebound
Biz 3 rebounds

You do realize Ayton by himself had as many (8) rebounds and the other 4 starters combined(8)

So how many rebounds is Ayton supposed to get to offset the pathetic effort on the boards from the entire team? 20?
With our guys all out, Ayton needs to be more than average on the boards. All our guys need to be better on the glass, but Ayton is supposed to be our best.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Bridges 0 rebounds
McGee 1 rebound
Biz 3 rebounds

It has to be technique like not boxing out. The Suns are being out rebounded too frequently.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
I’m not even upset by this game. We paced ourselves with the defending champs with our top two players missing. Cam Payne looks like a legit NBA starting PG. Jae Crowder looks solid. Ayton scored at will. Shamet was actually a net positive.

We’re good.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joseph Garrison