Week 9 Snap Counts and Thoughts

OP
OP
Chopper0080

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Another weird week so snap counts are more interesting than telling IMO.

I did not recognize that Pugh went out so early. Harlow played 81% of the offensive snaps and held up pretty well if you ask me.

A lot of 11 personnel which you can tell by Wesley, Ertz and Conner's snap counts. All 77% or higher.

I couldn't tell you when Isabella's 7 offensive snaps came but apparently they were there.

Phillips playing 34% of snaps seems low but maybe those were mostly early and they yanked him late when it was in hand.

Collins played 3 snaps. I would hope that is due to health.

Jalen Thompson playing 76% and Alford playing 46% seems low. It is personnel package based but I can't figure out who they subbed in for them. Only thing I can think of is that they had Simmons play nickel CB and S.

Kinda surprised Kennard only got 9 snaps (15%) as I thought he played well and has been playing well recently.

OP
OP
Chopper0080

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
I thought Allen actually played pretty well but I wouldn't have guessed the 83% snap count. Still want to see more Fotu/Dogbe/Peters.
That is where the Jalen Thompson and Robert Alford snaps went! They had Zach Allen playing OLB which the more I see, the more I think he is a really good fit. I mentioned it in the game thread. He sets a good edge, plays backside pursuit/contain really well, and is athletic enough. I would almost prefer him to lose weight and play outside vs watching him struggle to get off blocks inside.

OP
OP
Chopper0080

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Pretty sure Collins was his shoulder.

Really pleased with our O line depth. I thought Harlow and Jones did well enough that you wouldn't even know they were in.

Really loving how little we have to talk about our backfield.
And our secondary for that matter. It isn't that they are perfect either. It just seems like they are playing the best that they can which is all you can ask.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Pretty sure Collins was his shoulder.

Really pleased with our O line depth. I thought Harlow and Jones did well enough that you wouldn't even know they were in.

Really loving how little we have to talk about our backfield.
Harlow has been a real find.

Sometimes OL take 4-5 years to get going, and Harlow looks like a keeper.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
And our secondary for that matter. It isn't that they are perfect either. It just seems like they are playing the best that they can which is all you can ask.

Crap I meant to type secondary and brain farted. Secondary is what I actually meant :)

OP
OP
Chopper0080

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
So I did some quick digging. Zach Allen's snap counts have been highest vs the Shanahan stretch zone scheme (Green Bay, SF, Minn) and Golden's snaps have been lowest against that scheme except when Chandler Jones was out vs Cleveland and the first game vs Minnesota when our run defense struggled. Also, Tanner Vallejo's snaps have been up this game and the Green Bay game with Zaven Collins highest snap game being the first meeting vs SF.

So, we seem to be playing Simmons, Hicks and Vallejo/Collins along with Zach Allen on the edge more vs that Shanahan Zone-Scheme.

OP
OP
Chopper0080

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Harlow has been a real find.

Sometimes OL take 4-5 years to get going, and Harlow looks like a keeper.
I liked him out of Oregon St but he was an OT in college and he never had the ability to play that in the NFL.

I know some of these types can take a while to build up the strength to be able to play inside.

Last edited:

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’m not going to question the snap counts. What I really like is they seemed to be tied to the game plan( and injuries) and not just a cookie cutter lineup from week to week.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
I liked him out of Oregon St but he was an OT in college and he never had the ability to play that in the NFL.

I know some of these types can take a while to build up the strength to be able to play inside.
Thats why you don't quit on Josh Jones. He has shown ability, but he doesn't look like he is quite strong enough yet. That will come with time.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hicks whiffed on a few tackles he should have made
Maybe. But that’s actually not normal for Hicks m. He’s usally a sure tackler. He just has issues in Coverage. So I’m willing to give him a pass especially after recovering two massive fumbles.

wa52lz

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Did Garcia get hurt or were they just rotating him and Jones?

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jdndndn