Suns @ Clippers Thursday WCF game thread 6-24-2021 - Game 3

AZ Shocker

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I just read on AZFamily the good news of CP3 playing tonight! Nice! But WTH...the article did say he was vaccinated but still tested positive. I know this happens (pretty rare)...but the leader of the Phoenix Suns that put this team in the Western Conference Finals was out for 2 huge games??? I don't know guys. To me this is just fishy. Oh well...back to the NBA is Rigged thread for me. Lol. Let's GO SUNS!!!!!

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Eddie Johnson says look for a bounce back game from Devin Booker with Chris Paul playing.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just read on AZFamily the good news of CP3 playing tonight! Nice! But WTH...the article did say he was vaccinated but still tested positive. I know this happens (pretty rare)...but the leader of the Phoenix Suns that put this team in the Western Conference Finals was out for 2 huge games??? I don't know guys. To me this is just fishy. Oh well...back to the NBA is Rigged thread for me. Lol. Let's GO SUNS!!!!!

I suspect it's not rare as we would think to get COVID once vaccinated. Reportedly Paul didn't have symptoms so that's the plus... not getting sick and hopefully not passing it on.

It's just the NBA tests regularly if not daily for the virus during the season and playoffs so the NBA is sort of a lab study.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I suspect it's not rare as we would think to get COVID once vaccinated. Reportedly Paul didn't have symptoms so that's the plus... not getting sick and hopefully not passing it on.

It's just the NBA tests regularly if not daily for the virus during the season and playoffs so the NBA is sort of a lab study.
Just goes to show how many people have probably had it and did not even know it. Wow. On to basketball.

Vacard

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
The vaccines doesn’t prevent you from catching the virus, it just boost your immunity against it.

Sunburn

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
The vaccines doesn’t prevent you from catching the virus, it just boost your immunity against it.

Please post the link to your source on this.

This says the Pfizer vaccine was found to be 91% effective in preventing covid infection:

https://www.cdc.gov/media/releases/2021/p0607-mrna-reduce-risks.html

If you don't have a credible source for this claim, please please don't spread unsourced information on this topic on the internet. There's already too much misinformation as it is.

Reaction score
I think the NBA is realizing the Super Teams are actually bad for the league. You want to go into a season with at least a handful of teams that have a legit shot. You can't have 5 straight years of Cavs/Warriors where everyone knows the finals before the preseason starts. When you literally have teams planning and strategizing "we can't beat the Warriors, so might as well tank for 3 years"...its just bad.

I think we are going to see a return to more competitive teams across the league, because a lot of the Young Guns have already decided to stay with their current squads rather than game the system and get easy wins like Lebron did.

Certainly no expert on recent NBA. Haven't watched for a while really since Nash. But just from what I saw of both Denver and 76ers, those teams were only one good player away from being finals material. Each has a dominant "new type" of center who can shoot really well, drive, rebound; Milwaukee and the Hairdressers each have those gigantic Tight-End type guards who are like Magic sans the assist ability; and Young is Young. (Now, I do think he will be Walter Davis-ized, beat up so badly they will have to limit his playing, but for now he is incredible.

pokerface

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I just read on AZFamily the good news of CP3 playing tonight! Nice! But WTH...the article did say he was vaccinated but still tested positive. I know this happens (pretty rare)...but the leader of the Phoenix Suns that put this team in the Western Conference Finals was out for 2 huge games??? I don't know guys. To me this is just fishy. Oh

Been discussed on Chris Paul covid thread

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
As much as one can tell looking at the video the mask looks like a nice fit. Of course how it feels is another matter.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Here is a good look at Devin's face mask.

Azjose86

Veteran
Reaction score
Here is a good look at Devin's face mask.

Can't tell if eyes are swollen or the mask is making them look like that. If so, that was a broken nose for sure. Tough guy played through it