Lakers @ Suns Tuesday Playoff game thread 5-25-2021 - Game #2

AZ Native

Living is Easy with Eyes Closed
Reaction score
Well, we just lost home court advantage. Time to take it back in game 3.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Ayton with 22 points and 10 rebounds but the Suns clearly need more depth at the 4/5.

Saric with only 2 points and 2 rebounds.
It’s the one thing jones has to remedy in offseason. Needs to find an adequate backup for Ayton or a good power forward.

Evil Ash

Henchman Supreme
Reaction score
Ayton with 22 points and 10 rebounds but the Suns clearly need more depth at the 4/5.

Well he did have very nice assist. Unfortunately it was to LeBron

Saric needs to get his head out of his butt or we just need to play frank or Craig instead. He was just abysmal

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If there is any doubt whose team this is there shouldn’t be. This is CP3’s team. Period. This team is neither clutch or efficient without him.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Some of this is on Monty for not calling timeouts or even giving the refs some lip service.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Fluke or not CP3 gets injured every year. This time it was just the worst possible timing. As Chuck just said he’s not getting better in 48 hrs.

I’d sit him Game 3. The only way we’re winning this series is if he is even kinda CP3. Game 4 is Sunday. That’s four days of work and rest on his shoulder if he doesn’t play Game 3. You steal Game 4 and his shoulder heals it’s anyone’s series.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
sure. Absolutely. But he’s not the guy who needs to be the superstar, especially when CP3’s out.

You don’t need him to be a superstar you need him to hit open 3s. You can’t be a 3&D guy with no 3

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Craig is just too small to do his thing against the Lakers bigs. I think Monty needs to put Kaminsky in instead of Saric.

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
The hardest thing to take at this point is that it's pretty clear that minus the CP injury, we would be killing the Lakers at this point and a sweep wouldn't be out of the question.

But for that eternal Suns luck...

It sucks, but when you pin your hopes on a 36-year-old point guard with a history of getting hurt in the playoffs, it's not exactly bad luck when he, you know, gets hurt in the playoffs.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

been saying that all year. You think jones will do something about it this off-season? I am not so sure.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It sucks, but when you pin your hopes on a 36-year-old point guard with a history of getting hurt in the playoffs, it's not exactly bad luck when he, you know, gets hurt in the playoffs.

this hurts to read.

because, sadly, it’s true.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You don’t need him to be a superstar you need him to hit open 3s. You can’t be a 3&D guy with no 3

i get it. And I’ve been harping on Bridges being feast or famine all year on offense.

but tonight was a game that came down to one side’s stars played like stars down the stretch and ours didn’t.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I want to see Frank and Craig. Dario looks shook

yeah... I don’t understand all of a sudden going back to Dario when Frank was playing well. Happened earlier in the season and Dario at least played well for a stretch.

but that ain’t what’s going on now.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
been saying that all year. You think jones will do something about it this off-season? I am not so sure.

You've had a lot of company.

There are reasons teams load up with big men... come playoff time they are needed.

Raindog

I didn't come here to be liked!
Reaction score

Maybe... but this was the freak injury of all freak injuries. If it had been Drummond falling on him, or a turned ankle or something, at least it wouldn't feel as much like the deus ex machina that so often haunts us.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
i get it. And I’ve been harping on Bridges being feast or famine all year on offense.

but tonight was a game that came down to one side’s stars played like stars down the stretch and ours didn’t.

Bridges 2/6 from the field
Crowder 2/8 from the field
Johnson 2/4 from the field
Saric 0/1 from the field

this game was really there for the taking. No offensive production from our guys at all on top of Paul being hurt.

wasn’t that you I went back and fourth with about Booker being held to a different level from Ayton because Booker is our star and all I got was pushback

FB94

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
The CP3 injury was a freak incident. Nothing more than that. Just bad timing is all it is, and nothing to do with his past

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
makes you really question do you want to sign him to a 3 year extension. I’m really not sure it’s a good idea.

this team has a lot of conundrums facing it in the off-season.

CP3 always gets hurt in the playoffs.

Ayton will want MAX but hasn’t proven he deserves it and I fear one good series clouds the issue even more.

People are talking about Bridges being a 20 million dollar a year player... who no shows a lot in the reg season on offense and totally in the playoffs.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
makes you really question do you want to sign him to a 3 year extension. I’m really not sure it’s a good idea.

And what do you propose we do if we let him walk? Go back to winning 30% of our games, piss Booker off, and hope we can sign a difference maker before Book asks to be dealt? Ill keep Paul and improve the team around him. Its not his fault we lost, we need more size.

pokerface

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
yeah... I don’t understand all of a sudden going back to Dario when Frank was playing well. Happened earlier in the season and Dario at least played well for a stretch.

but that ain’t what’s going on now.

Yeah what happened to Frank?? Coach lose all confidence in him?

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Bridges 2/6 from the field
Crowder 2/8 from the field
Johnson 2/4 from the field
Saric 0/1 from the field

this game was really there for the taking. No offensive production from our guys at all on top of Paul being hurt.

wasn’t that you I went back and fourth with about Booker being held to a different level from Ayton because Booker is our star and all I got was pushback

thats what you believed it was. We were AGREEING that Book needs to be held to a different standard. We were just pointing out... forget it dude.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard