Suns @ Bucks Sunday game thread 2-2-20

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
So now both Lecque and Owens got to see NBA speed and know it is NOT what they are seeing in G League. They know they have to think, react, and practice their moves at a higher speed.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
That move of Booker's where he is turning it over, I banned when I coached my kid's teams. Never throw the ball backwards. I'd rather them jack it off the board if they get caught in the air. Most of Booker's turn overs he gets caught in the air and tries to pass backwards.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That move of Booker's where he is turning it over, I banned when I coached my kid's teams. Never throw the ball backwards. I'd rather them jack it off the board if they get caught in the air. Most of Booker's turn overs he gets caught in the air and tries to pass backwards.

THIS THIS. This is the play I kept harping about in another thread. It's not just Booker. It's a huge chunk of how they setup up Ayton down low. Drive down the middle pass it backwards or toss up back to Ayton. Sooooo many turnovers using that method. I don't see many other plays where guys are getting into position or running pick and rolls. It's mostly the same move...over and over.

It's driving me nuts.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
THIS THIS. This is the play I kept harping about in another thread. It's not just Booker. It's a huge chunk of how they setup up Ayton down low. Drive down the middle pass it backwards or toss up back to Ayton. Sooooo many turnovers using that method. I don't see many other plays where guys are getting into position or running pick and rolls. It's mostly the same move...over and over.

It's driving me nuts.
Agreed! If the ball is not turned over, and the shot is missed, you now have a smaller guy at the boards, and a big guy trying to cover faster guards on a run out.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Put Lecque back in the game. I want that dunk.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Final:

Bucks 129 - Suns 108

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Some final stats.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Book also telegraphs a ton of passes. I usually see his turnovers coming in advance . . . that’s how bad they are.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
10-27 with ZERO free throw. TWENTY SEVEN SHOTS AND NEVER DREW A FOUL. Let that sink in.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Diallo gave the Suns a good game with 11 points and 7 rebounds.

leclerc

The smooth operator
Reaction score
Need to give Ayton plenty more time to get experience and confidence. Get stronger and work on some basics this summer. We've seen what he can do. We should cut him some slack and try to be constructive for the rest of the season. Doubt we'll make the playoffs, but it would be great to still have a chance in April. Oh well, on to the next game.

I hope JJ does not sit on his (or squeaky Bobby Sarver's) hands on the deadline. Need to improve the team and show everyone he's trying and that they (FO) give two ehrm, flocks.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Need to give Ayton plenty more time to get experience and confidence. Get stronger and work on some basics this summer. We've seen what he can do. We should cut him some slack and try to be constructive for the rest of the season. Doubt we'll make the playoffs, but it would be great to still have a chance in April. Oh well, on to the next game.

My bigger worry remains Booker checking out mentally after the All-Star snub...

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
man... thank God Ayton had that one huge game against the Mavs because the five sandwhiched around it have been really disappointing, especially coming on the heels of his three game run of really good games before that.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Also Ayton’s defense sucked ass again today. Anytime soft serve switches into a guard just chalk up the 3. He plays so far off he concedes the three routinely. There was a sequence where he switched into Bledsoe, bled just dribbled a little bit at the three point stripe, never threatened to drive (so no need for Ayton to retreat) and then just busted a trey in soft serve’s late reacting face. That was followed by a brick shot at the offensive by Ayton. And that was followed by Ayton letting devincenzo drive into his chest to draw a foul. In other words a second heaping helping of soft serve in a row. His numbers in this game lie. He was awful again tonight.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score

I hope JJ does not sit on his (or squeaky Bobby Sarver's) hands on the deadline. Need to improve the team and show everyone he's trying and that they (FO) give two ehrm, flocks.
Yeah sounds good. Let’s go soft on the soft guy. That’ll harden him. :rolleyes:

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just realized Jevon Carter had 15 points, 4 rebounds, 2 assists and 3 steals. Job well done.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm guessing Ayton might get fined for these comments about the officiating.

Gina Mizell‏Verified account @ginamizell

In multiple postgame interview answers, Deandre Ayton repeated that he was not happy with tonight's officiating in a 128-109 loss at Milwaukee. "I just don’t like how these refs called the game tonight…I’m putting it on them." #Suns

2:14 PM - 2 Feb 2020