Trade w/ Tampa for Mike Evans?

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
5 years older and 7 time pro bowler.

Why is he a malcontent? Because his cancer was misdiagnosed by the Redskins docs and he could have died? Jeez...this kind of contradicts your speech about treating workers fairly.
He was a good player. Even great. But he’s getting old, and injuries plus potential cancer does not improve that.

Also, before the growth, he was demanding a new contract. It’s not just the situation with trainers and Bruce Allen.

OP
OP
A

AZman5103

Hall of Famer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I’d agree with you that the “Knee Deep” stuff is disrespect. Especially from someone who was functionally old enough to be his grandfather. I liked Arians’ old school coaching but I thought he was a little too hard on young guys with a different style. Or they should have just drafted guys who fit his personality.

He was a 1st round pick that was so lazy/dumb he didn't get on the field for an entire year. Show me one other 1st round pick (that wasnt a QB) that had to sit for an entire year because they couldn't "get it" and needed a foot "knee deep" up their butt to start working hard and acting like a professional?

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
He was a 1st round pick that was so lazy/dumb he didn't get on the field for an entire year. Show me one other 1st round pick (that wasnt a QB) that had to sit for an entire year because they couldn't "get it" and needed a foot "knee deep" up their butt to start working hard and acting like a professional?

I don't know about actually seeing the field, but though I cannot cite players off the top of my head, there are a lot of OL guys now which do not see the field readily because the college game does not require them to learn how to hold a block

OP
OP
A

AZman5103

Hall of Famer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I don't know about actually seeing the field, but though I cannot cite players off the top of my head, there are a lot of OL guys now which do not see the field readily because the college game does not require them to learn how to hold a block

I get it...and BA was notoriously reluctant to play rookies....but again, find 1 first round pick, other than maybe QB, that didn't even step on the field for their entire rookie year because they could not grasp the pro game at an acceptable level?

And this wasn't a BA thing. Were there any other 1st rounders during his time here that had to redshirt?

My whole point in this is that BA didn't "humiliate him" as some have stated. BA probably would have cut him after about a month if he could have. BA, and an entire staff of coaches tried to bring him along, then tried to encourage him, then tried to light a fire under him by getting on him, and none of it worked. Which is where "knee deep" came in. BA was asked about DJ's complete lack of production and responded that "a foot up the ass wasn't enough for this guy, we had to change his name to knee-deep". Quite frankly, DJ probably owes his career to BA...because a lot of coaches would not have given a guy that was a 1st round pick, but needed a redshirt year and then a year at RT a chance to play period.

GuernseyCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

He was a 20 year old who came out early and reports at the time were that it would be a redshirt year.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
I think players can be more adaptable to different styles. Humphries, from many accounts, had a goofy and fun personality. He might have fit in with more of a player's coach, like Carroll, or even Kingsbury, who might have given him the benefit of the doubt. I just don't think DJ was a culture fit for Arians.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Trent Williams hasn’t played a full season in longer than Humphries, is 8 years older, and is a malcontent. Plus he would cost a pick at least. Very poor choice.

Trust me, I get your argument for disliking giving Humphries a contract. I’m with you in any other situation.
Don’t forget the suspensions .

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
A trade for Mike Evans is not going to happen. makes no sense and for what is there I would franchise tag Humphries and if he can give me a another full year of above average play at LT... I would then back the Brinks truck up and just pay the man

ARZCardinals

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Ok, I know this is far fetched, but what if we offered:

Patrick Peterson, David Johnson, 3rd round pick

for

Mike Evans, Cameron Brate

Tampa's pass defense was HORRID, and their running backs were not good. They already have Chris Godwin as a #1 WR and Perriman looked good for them.

They would get an all-pro CB, and a starting RB. They would also get rid of Brate's contract, since they already have OJ Howard.

We would end the PP21 discussion of whether or not he wants to be here. We would be able to move on from DJ and move forward with Drake, and we would get one of the best WR's in the league. Evans is EXACTLY the type of WR we need, is only 26, and is signed for 4 more years.

I like it! So long as the Cards don't resign Larry to another $11 mill deal. You can't have $16 mill for Mike next year AND Larry at $11...that's freaking $27 mill of the cap on 2 WR's ....awwwww hell no.

Mike is a proven, who's still got his legs. Larry hasn't taken over a game in years. He's a possession WR who'd be 3rd on most depth charts. I don't get paying a guy because of what he did in the past. I love Larry, put a statue out front....a huge one, but stop spending so much of the cap on a player who is nowhere near valued at that price. There isn't a single team in the league that'd pay him over $6 mill....not one...yet the Cardinals pay him $11.

Keep paying him and you'll keep seeing losing football. Shoot next season Cardinals will be paying David Johnson $10 mill to do nothing...and Larry $11 mill to be a mediocre WR....that's $22 mill of the cap on 2 players who combined produce very little on the field.

Is Larry a GREAT person? YES
Is Larry a GREAT leader? YES
Is Larry an all pro player? No
Are the Cardinals paying him as if he's an all pro? Yes
Would ANY team in the NFL pay him $11 mill? No

so why do the Cardinals do it....because he's Larry. It's gotta stop.

Gotta spend that money on O and D line where the Cardinals are weakest. That's where the money should be spent. Cards have a ton of WR's.

Rant ova

P.S. Make the trade as you show it...even though PP might be a beast for em

Last edited:

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

that’s actually very wrong. He was a project when he was drafted. Go back and look he was considered very raw. That type of stuff is just irresponsible to be posting.

smh

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
Sitting out the first 10 games is IN FACT leverage and he'll likely be free as a bird 2021.

He won't sit out (not because of your reasoning) but rather because he's wanted and needed in AZ either under the TAG or because they choose to sign him long-term.

I don’t see DJ with the type of character that could pass on 10 games of income. I’d tag him. I understand he’ll kill some drives with penalties but he’ll be better at keeping Murray in one piece than some rookie or any of the anticipated FA OTs.

GuernseyCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I don’t see DJ with the type of character that could pass on 10 games of income. I’d tag him. I understand he’ll kill some drives with penalties but he’ll be better at keeping Murray in one piece than some rookie or any of the anticipated FA OTs.

I noted that of his 13 penalties in over 1000 snaps only 4 were for holding. Speaks to consistently good hand and foot placement.

And he only gave up 2 sacks.

No idea if they'll proceed with the Tag or "deal" route but feel certain he's our LT come September.

OP
OP
A

AZman5103

Hall of Famer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
that’s actually very wrong. He was a project when he was drafted. Go back and look he was considered very raw. That type of stuff is just irresponsible to be posting.

smh

No it's not. A " year long project" doesn't exist as a 1st round pick....like I said find me ONE other first round pick that sat for an entire year???

Do you have first round picks that take a while to break into the starting lineup...of course..and by week 4, or after the teams bye or whatever, they are getting more and more playing time.

Give me one other first rounder BA has ever done this with? One other first rounder in the entire league??

Bobbie Massie, who was the starting RT that year missed two games, and Humphries wasnt even ready to step in as the backup, even though he was the RT the following year in 2016.

If you are trying to tell me that Keim and BA drafted a player that they knew was SO unprepared for the NFL he needed an entire season to even see the field with the #24 pick in the draft, then they should have been fired on the spot. Team DO NOT draft non-qb's in the 1st round to give them a red-shirt year.

They thought DJ might struggle to adjust, or have some growing pains, but they absolutley 100% thought they would have a functional player that could get on the field when they picked him. It turns out he was so lazy/dumb that BA had to go "knee deep" on him to even get him on the field.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
No it's not. A " year long project" doesn't exist as a 1st round pick....like I said find me ONE other first round pick that sat for an entire year???

Do you have first round picks that take a while to break into the starting lineup...of course..and by week 4, or after the teams bye or whatever, they are getting more and more playing time.

Give me one other first rounder BA has ever done this with? One other first rounder in the entire league??

Bobbie Massie, who was the starting RT that year missed two games, and Humphries wasnt even ready to step in as the backup, even though he was the RT the following year in 2016.

If you are trying to tell me that Keim and BA drafted a player that they knew was SO unprepared for the NFL he needed an entire season to even see the field with the #24 pick in the draft, then they should have been fired on the spot. Team DO NOT draft non-qb's in the 1st round to give them a red-shirt year.

They thought DJ might struggle to adjust, or have some growing pains, but they absolutley 100% thought they would have a functional player that could get on the field when they picked him. It turns out he was so lazy/dumb that BA had to go "knee deep" on him to even get him on the field.
Regardless how you feel about it, scouting reports suggested that DJ was a bit of a raw prospect with high up side. I don't necessarily think that he was drafted with the intent of not playing as a rookie, but it's not like he was seen largely as a guy that would be ready to start year 1 either. Regardless he has developed into a pretty good left tackle and that takes hard work to do and thus it makes your comment about him being lazy seem unlikely.

OP
OP
A

AZman5103

Hall of Famer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Regardless how you feel about it, scouting reports suggested that DJ was a bit of a raw prospect with high up side. I don't necessarily think that he was drafted with the intent of not playing as a rookie, but it's not like he was seen largely as a guy that would be ready to start year 1 either. Regardless he has developed into a pretty good left tackle and that takes hard work to do and thus it makes your comment about him being lazy seem unlikely.

He didn't develop until BA went "knee deep" on him...thus saving his career. So he should be thanking BA every single day for being willing to go "knee deep" on him and turn him into an NFL player that is about to make life changing money...not that he was "disrepected".

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

wrong again but it seems pretty clear you have an agenda here.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
He didn't develop until BA went "knee deep" on him...thus saving his career. So he should be thanking BA every single day for being willing to go "knee deep" on him and turn him into an NFL player that is about to make life changing money...not that he was "disrepected".

lol

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
I like it! So long as the Cards don't resign Larry to another $11 mill deal. You can't have $16 mill for Mike next year AND Larry at $11...that's freaking $27 mill of the cap on 2 WR's ....awwwww hell no.

If the players are good enough, then yes.

We learned that it is worth paying 2 WR's big money after we let Anquan Boldin go and used that $$$ for ......Adam Snyder, Daryn College, Travis LaBoy.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Lol to you as well. Perfect response from a troll

I laugh because it’s pretty clear you have an agenda here calling him lazy and dumb over and over Ignoring he was a project when he was drafted and he’s worked his ass off to become one of the best LT in football. Yeah cause 25 year old LT who can play all season and give up 2 sacks grow on trees. Soooo your holding it against him that he’s gotten better as a pro. Kinda odd

haters gonna hate

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
If the players are good enough, then yes.

We learned that it is worth paying 2 WR's big money after we let Anquan Boldin go and used that $$$ for ......Adam Snyder, Daryn College, Travis LaBoy.

We didn’t let Boldin go he didn’t want to be here. He was very jealous of Fitz

OP
OP
A

AZman5103

Hall of Famer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I laugh because it’s pretty clear you have an agenda here calling him lazy and dumb over and over Ignoring he was a project when he was drafted and he’s worked his ass off to become one of the best LT in football. Yeah cause 25 year old LT who can play all season and give up 2 sacks grow on trees. Soooo your holding it against him that he’s gotten better as a pro. Kinda odd

haters gonna hate

You are right, LT's that only play 54% of their 5 year contract are not that common, because they are usually out of the NFL pretty quickly.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
You are right, LT's that only play 54% of their 5 year contract are not that common, because they are usually out of the NFL pretty quickly.

Yeah cause it’s his fault he got rolled up on last year. So what’s your point here. I don’t get it

OP
OP
A

AZman5103

Hall of Famer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
We didn’t let Boldin go he didn’t want to be here. He was very jealous of Fitz

Thats actually not true at all. He wanted to be paid like a #1 WR...which he was. Based on production, he deserved the same type of money as Fitz.

We made the choice to only pay 1 of them as a WR1, and in the long run we made the right choice, although Boldin also had a great career.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard