Trade w/ Tampa for Mike Evans?

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
As to the Evans thing, it's not happening at all. Evans is better than Godwin, even though both are good, and is part of their long term plan. Also, we'd be fleecing them in this proposed deal.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
Humphries will be tagged and negotiations will continue.
I just don't like his tone from interviews. I think he and his agent are going to play some major hardball. He strikes me as the kind of player who takes feeling disrespected to a high level.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just don't like his tone from interviews. I think he and his agent are going to play some major hardball. He strikes me as the kind of player who takes feeling disrespected to a high level.
Meh. I wouldn’t expect anything less. Now I would be shocked if we sign him before the tag deadline.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
Meh. I wouldn’t expect anything less. Now I would be shocked if we sign him before the tag deadline.
I'm personally not thrilled about handing him a big contract, but it would give me a lot of peace of mind to have it just resolved and out of the way before free agency. It'd be such a pain to get to post-draft free agency and not have our LT situation sorted out for our young QB.

OP
OP
A

AZman5103

Hall of Famer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
As to the Evans thing, it's not happening at all. Evans is better than Godwin, even though both are good, and is part of their long term plan. Also, we'd be fleecing them in this proposed deal.

IDK about that. They would be getting Peterson, who is still a pro-bowl CB for the next couple of years. Those guys don't grow on trees, and Tampa's pass defense was horrid last year.

Evans is the best player in the deal, but I guess I wonder if Tampa will try to balance out there team now that they have a new QB.

As I put in another post...one thought that came to me was if Herbert falls to #8, maybe Tampa wants to move up and Evans is on the table?

Peterson + 8 for Evans + 14?

cardpa

Have a Nice Day!
Reaction score
I personally think the team in going to back up the truck and pay him.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

As should any grown man. So your comfortable with just being disrespected at work?

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
It's going to be a very interesting situation.

If you look at the LT's that were signed in the last couple of years that are around Humprhies' age (26):

They all have one thing in common...availability. Humphries has played 1 entire season and started 43/80 games.

Taylor Lewan (28) 16m/year - started 80/96 games (Pro Bowler)
Jake Mathews (27) 14.5m/year - started 95/96 games (Pro Bowler)
Donavon Smith (26) 13.75m/year - started 79/80 games
Greg Robinson (27) 6.4m/1 year deal - started 70/86 games

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
As should any grown man. So your comfortable with just being disrespected at work?
Listen man, since I don't know you in person, no disrespect intended, but if you're one of those kinds of people who thinks any slight injustice against you is a sign of being "disrespected" and it makes you fly off the handle either aggressively or like a child who can't manage their emotions, we wouldn't get along.

True disrespect is spitting on me, talking **** about me, that kind of thing. Disrespect is not my business making a decision that is sensible for them and also pays me handsomely, like the situation with a franchise tag, or a slightly lower contract than I think I'm worth. Like the Tyrann situation where we asked him to take a pay cut. That wasn't disrespect, it was business. Now, Humphries hasn't said anything, but if he feels disrespected by the Franchise Tag, it'll be very frustrating.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What’s really insane is that tagging Humphries will gaurantee him 15 million dollars. I repeat 15 m dollars. Generational money. Disrespect?

That being said I think the Cards will work out a long term deal. It will start with the tag and allow time for a market to be set. He will come to terms with a contract that half of us will say we overpaid and half us up will be happy.

OP
OP
A

AZman5103

Hall of Famer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score

It's football. He complained about BA this year...when all BA did was tell him he wasn't cutting it and needed to get his crap together.

It would be nice to sign a 5 year contract...only actually perform in 54% of that contract...on an average level...and then demand to be paid as a top performer or else claim you are being "disrespected".

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
It's football. He complained about BA this year...when all BA did was tell him he wasn't cutting it and needed to get his crap together.

It would be nice to sign a 5 year contract...only actually perform in 54% of that contract...on an average level...and then demand to be paid as a top performer or else claim you are being "disrespected".

I don’t understand how he complained. By saying he didn’t like it,
That was BA grandstanding like he likes to do

god forbid he actually have an opinion and stand up for himself.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
I don’t understand how he complained. By saying he didn’t like it,
That was BA grandstanding like he likes to do

god forbid he actually have an opinion and stand up for himself.
I’d agree with you that the “Knee Deep” stuff is disrespect. Especially from someone who was functionally old enough to be his grandfather. I liked Arians’ old school coaching but I thought he was a little too hard on young guys with a different style. Or they should have just drafted guys who fit his personality.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Same reason we should trade Humphries. The OT class this year is stacked and we can get 2 OT's for ~6m/year vs 14m for Humphries. That extra ~8m could be used for another starter in FA (like Drake/although not the full 8m IMO).

That's assuming that ANY of the OTs are actually better than Humphries.

For all we know, all of them could be terrible.

Yoi dont let a solid starting LT go without and equal or better player on hand.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
There were solid OT's taken into round 3 last year and this year is even better IMO. We can agree to disagree.

I am sure DJ will be back but based on his entire career, I am not sure how we can pay him 14m/year.

5 years in the league and could have played max of 80 games but has only played 43.

You must be registered for see images attach

Cody Ford was drafted about where we pick in round 2 last year (7.5m for 4 years total):

Dalton Risner was picked 41st last year and is making 7m for 4 years total:

Max Scharping was taken 55th last year (5m for next 4 years total):

Bobby Evans was taken in 3rd round (#97) and is getting 3.5m for next 4 years total.

The bottom line is DJ has been in the league for 5 years and has severely under-performed/not been available. Tying up 14m/year for a guy like this could cripple the franchise.

This draft is stacked with OT's and DJ could easily be replaced for a significant decrease in cost.

And not a single player you listed is/was a LT.

The Rams might move Evans to LT, but he played RT, as did Cody Ford.

Not a single player you have listed was better than DJ Humphries last season.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score

No. BA publicly humiliated him. Total dick move.

WildBB

Yogi n da Bear
Reaction score
Except Cooper wasn’t producing and the team was in full fire-sale mode.

Evans is really good and isn’t a malcontent.
Even so they still got a 1st round pick.

Jus sayin. It could happen. Cards could make a good offer they may consider, or better.

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
That's assuming that ANY of the OTs are actually better than Humphries.

Yoi dont let a solid starting LT go without and equal or better player on hand.

Not a single player you have listed was better than DJ Humphries last season.

Sorry...should have been more clear.

It's a gamble in the draft for sure...no guarantees a guy will be better than Humphries. The gamble is availability and performance (DJ might be a top 15 LT at at best when he has played 43 out of 80 games).

I agree...we can't let Humphries go for nothing. You have to tag him to trade him. I don't think the Trent Williams situation gets better in Washington because of Snyder. I would trade DJ for Trent. Yes he is older but he is top 3 LT for same money.

Lastly - my example was extreme..draft 2 T's (LT and RT). The point was there are starting OT's into round 2 and 3. I was trying to demonstrate the talent in last years draft (rd 2/3)...that is why I only showed those guys. This draft is deeper for OT. My $ calculation was assuming you draft an OT with the 8th pick and the 40th (just of reference vs Humphries tag $).

When I think of Humphries, I think of WAR in MLB. We can do so much better.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
Sorry...should have been more clear.

It's a gamble in the draft for sure...no guarantees a guy will be better than Humphries. The gamble is availability and performance (DJ might be a top 15 LT at at best when he has played 43 out of 80 games).

I agree...we can't let Humphries go for nothing. You have to tag him to trade him. I don't think the Trent Williams situation gets better in Washington because of Snyder. I would trade DJ for Trent. Yes he is older but he is top 3 LT for same money.

Lastly - my example was extreme..draft 2 T's (LT and RT). The point was there are starting OT's into round 2 and 3. I was trying to demonstrate the talent in last years draft (rd 2/3)...that is why I only showed those guys. This draft is deeper for OT. My $ calculation was assuming you draft an OT with the 8th pick and the 40th (just of reference vs Humphries tag $).

When I think of Humphries, I think of WAR in MLB. We can do so much better.

Trent Williams hasn’t played a full season in longer than Humphries, is 8 years older, and is a malcontent. Plus he would cost a pick at least. Very poor choice.

Trust me, I get your argument for disliking giving Humphries a contract. I’m with you in any other situation.

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
Trent Williams hasn’t played a full season in longer than Humphries, is 8 years older, and is a malcontent. Plus he would cost a pick at least. Very poor choice.

Trust me, I get your argument for disliking giving Humphries a contract. I’m with you in any other situation.

5 years older and 7 time pro bowler.

Why is he a malcontent? Because his cancer was misdiagnosed by the Redskins docs and he could have died? Jeez...this kind of contradicts your speech about treating workers fairly.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard