Lakers @ Suns Tuesday game thread

Evil Ash

Henchman Supreme
Reaction score
It was disappointing to see the Suns play such crappy defense. They managed to hang in there most of the game, but it just wasn't enough. Move on and play defense in the next game.

Something we have to keep in mind is how young this team is. Still the youngest in the league.

Monty seems to have them learning and playing hard. Of course having a roster of nba caliber players helps too.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
He’s shooting 40% on threes and 48% overall. How many games should we throw out to calculate his real percentages?

Well, he has had 2 good games and 6 bad games.

And by the way, he played extended minutes in preseason, so that is not an excuse for him being behind other rookies.

Last edited:

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
nah. They’re a legit championship contender. LeBron basically took the night off.
This is such bull. Modus Operandi of Suns fans. A good if not great player has a mediocre or even bad game, and it's because he "took the night off." Get outta here with that. Lebron is old. You don't think he wanted to win this game after getting beat by the Raptors?? Come on.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
You're not even trying to hide the fact you are a troll

Look at the bloody numbers for Cam. Far worse this game across the board compared to Sunday against the Nets. How am I a troll for calling someone out on misrepresenting that Cam is improving each game?

clif

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
This is such bull. Modus Operandi of Suns fans. A good if not great player has a mediocre or even bad game, and it's because he "took the night off." Get outta here with that. Lebron is old. You don't think he wanted to win this game after getting beat by the Raptors?? Come on.

what are you talking about? Lebron IS old and so he was obviously less aggressive than normal.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Amazing -- trolls are nowhere to be seen after the Brooklyn win, but here they are in all their glory after a loss... So predictable.

The sad thing is that my initial post was actually complimentary, even in the loss, and yet I got attacked anyway.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Ok. You’re right. Lebron James went all out for 19 and 11.
Um, what are you talking about? The Suns lost, so you think Lebron took the night off?? What?

So I'm guessing you think the Suns really aren't good enough to stay with the Lakers unless Lebron takes the night off. Makes sense. It's not like he played 37 minutes or anything. Wait, he did!!

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
You honestly would rather have Cam Johnson over Brandon Clarke right now???

I choose not to play that game dude. Let’s see what the draft and this team looks like a year from now... 2 years from now. If Cam os a key contributor on a consistent playoff team that makes a run at a Championship, yea - I’m good.
Picking and choosing which draftee is “better” 10 games into the season is just stupid.
Jones is trying to build a team. I am comfortable waiting to see how the team he is constructing ultimately comes together... or not. You can speculate all you want... Play arm-chair GM all day long. You’re the best GM in the business, right? LOL..

Check back down the road rockstar... [emoji6]

clif

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Um, what are you talking about? The Suns lost, so you think Lebron took the night off?? What?

So I'm guessing you think the Suns really aren't good enough to stay with the Lakers unless Lebron takes the night off. Makes sense. It's not like he played 37 minutes or anything. Wait, he did!!

You are out in left field. No where did i equate Lebron taking the night off with whether or not I think the Suns can stay with the Lakers. Actually I think the Suns played offensively pretty well but defensively they were atrocious.
My point about Lebron was in relationship to their ability to win a championship. Had nothing to do with the game alone.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I choose not to play that game dude. Let’s see what the draft and this team looks like a year from now... 2 years from now. If Cam os a key contributor on a consistent playoff team that makes a run at a Championship, yea - I’m good.
Picking and choosing which draftee is “better” 10 games into the season is just stupid.
Jones is trying to build a team. I am comfortable waiting to see how the team he is constructing ultimately comes together... or not. You can speculate all you want... Play arm-chair GM all day long. You’re the best GM in the business, right? LOL..

Check back down the road rockstar... [emoji6]

Fair enough, but I think Cam Johnson being a bigger contributor than Brandon Clarke is about as likely as me becoming an NBA all-star myself.

And besides, our biggest need right now is an athletic power forward, something Clarke would undoubtedly give us, even only 10 games in.

Replace Cam Johnson with Brandon Clarke, and we are 8-2, perhaps even 9-1...

SunnyBaller

All Star
Reaction score
First sun's game I've been to in a few years and my take aways after watching in real life.

They need ayton no shocker there, Dario got backed down by Davis all game. Him and Howard had their way with everyone other than baynes sun's just need big bodies.

Cam actually played pretty good dispute what numbers might say, he was very active did a decent job defensively against LeBron just needed to hit a few more shots but they should come in time.

Please Jerome get healthy soon because TJ running the point kills momentum every time

RockinDaMike

Veteran
Reaction score
You honestly would rather have Cam Johnson over Brandon Clarke right now???
Dude let it go, we didn't draft him so what. You're gonna hold onto this the whole season? A lot of other teams passed on him too, it's the way it goes.

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Dude let it go, we didn't draft him so what. You're gonna hold onto this the whole season? A lot of other teams passed on him too, it's the way it goes.

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

What bothers me most is that he would fill our biggest need quite nicely.

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
Next game is Thursday at 7:00 vs. Atlanta.

Then a three day weekend off and Monday
vs. Boston. Both at home.

That will make it 9 of our first 12 games
at home.

7 out of 10 so far. Credit to the Suns
for taking advantage of it. Somewhat
offsets the loss of Ayton.

Hopefully, our team will be set in its
winning ways when the schedule
catches up with us.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Nobody played defense tonight.
That’s not true. This team played scrappy. Have to remember there isn’t a lot of athletic size in this team without Ayton. So they were killing us inside. When we were forced to double they dropped 3s. That’s why Ayton’s suspension hurts so much.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson