Suns Trade for Pick 24

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I don’t think baynes is worth 5 million on this team.

I like what I see in Jerome, but This means we are getting a crappy pg.

I like Baynes more than Dedmon, especially since we only have 1 year of Baynes at that price. Who knows what the offer for Dedmon would have been.

sdscard4

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I'm happy we got some ACC guys. Cam can be our Danny Green another Carolina boy. Just gotta be positive we have nothing else. Losing Igor and his staff makes us better than last year

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Jesus 1sun I love most your takes but Christ your a 10 on the negative meter.

What exactly is there to like about what happened today?

The team got much worse, both for the immediate future and for the long term future.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don’t think baynes is worth 5 million on this team.

I like what I see in Jerome, but This means we are getting a crappy pg.

Let's see how it comes together.

I do like Ty Jerome but I thought the Suns wouldn't be able to get him. Pick #32 would have been too late.

I'm not sure the Suns could have acquired a center cheaper than Baynes.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Let's see how it comes together.

I do like Ty Jerome but I thought the Suns wouldn't be able to get him before #32 which was already traded.

I'm not sure the Suns could have acquired a center cheaper than Baynes.

They could have signed any number of centers for the veteran minimum, any of whom would have been better than Baynes. Baynes brings absolutely nothing to the table.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
Having 2 PFs when we had zero PFs last year is an upgrade. We added two shooters to a bad NBA ahooting team. We just need a vet PG.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
Baynes was part of us getting the pick. Boston was still looking to purge salary like us.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Having 2 PFs when we had zero PFs last year is an upgrade. We added two shooters to a bad NBA ahooting team. We just need a vet PG.

We still have zero PFs. Saric is no more of an NBA power forward than Bender. Slightly better offense, significantly worse defense. And I have no clue whom you are referencing as the second PF.

In terms of shooters, yes we added a great shooter in Cam Johnson. Too bad he is not athletic enough to get his shot off in the NBA, and he cannot drive, he cannot ball-handle, he cannot defend, he cannot rebound and he cannot pass.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We have sucked for years and accumulated assets to end up with 3 NBA players and cap space next year after sucking again

sdscard4

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I watched every Carolina game Cam is not as you describe you might want to watch more film

sdscard4

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Virginia isn't winning the title without Jerome. I'll take the Champs starting PG any day. He is light years ahead of Melton and Okobo

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Virginia isn't winning the title without Jerome. I'll take the Champs starting PG any day. He is light years ahead of Melton and Okobo

That's not saying much...and his ceiling is still as a back-up in the NBA. He doesn't have the athleticism to play the position as a starter at the next level.

OP
OP
HoodieBets

HoodieBets

Formerly azcardsfan1616
Reaction score

But he was also the point guard who led the first 1 seed to lose to a 16. They kind of even out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score

Ty Jerome
Marcus Paige
Jalen Brunson
Shabazz Napier
Peyton Siva

All upperclassmen PG’s that won titles in recent years...

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
A) we are not signing any pg of note.

B) we got all worked up about this offseason and we are coming away with four guys who are minus athletes but 3 hopefully are plus shooters. Three white unathletic dudes and a skinny unathletic cam Johnson.

C) we sure as poo better be resigning Oubre

D) if Ayton can become a beast. If saric, cam, bridges, Jerome can become good shooters, add in booker we should become pretty good offensively. But that’s asking for a lot to happen.

Overall we got two vets, we got more beef, we got more shooters, we got a whole lot less athletic and likely worse defensively.

I wish James jones was maybe a little more worried about putting the time and maybe we should’ve had some more scouting.

Overall Grade: boooooo!

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
We have sucked for years and accumulated assets to end up with 3 NBA players and cap space next year after sucking again
I keep saying this is a two year dig out. We are so woefully behind in talent, we have to take two years to get back to play off worthy.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
A) we are not signing any pg of note.

B) we got all worked up about this offseason and we are coming away with four guys who are minus athletes but 3 hopefully are plus shooters. Three white unathletic dudes and a skinny unathletic cam Johnson.

C) we sure as **** better be resigning Oubre

D) if Ayton can become a beast. If saric, cam, bridges, Jerome can become good shooters, add in booker we should become pretty good offensively. But that’s asking for a lot to happen.

Overall we got two vets, we got more beef, we got more shooters, we got a whole lot less athletic and likely worse defensively.

I wish James jones was maybe a little more worried about putting the time and maybe we should’ve had some more scouting.

Overall Grade: boooooo!

Agree with A and B. As for C, I will bet you almost anything we do not re-sign Oubre. As for D, Ayton remains the only rebounder in the front court, so opponents can continue to just converge on him, thereby neutralizing him. As for the shooters, they are all of sub-par athleticism, and outside of Booker they have no ability at all to drive, so all opponents have to do is crowd them and dare them to drive. All with still no facilitator. This will be an offense that has a lot of forced outside contested jumpers and 24 second violations.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard