Suns Get The 6th Pick

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I would bet my house that a player will be available with the 6th pick that will be a star in 3 years. I would not bet my house that the Suns will be able to identify and select this player.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Chances are that whoever actually gets that players does so as the result of dumb luck anyway. We did not get Booker because McD was brilliant. The Bucks got Giannis out of luck too.

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score
Chances are that whoever actually gets that players does so as the result of dumb luck anyway. We did not get Booker because McD was brilliant. The Bucks got Giannis out of luck too.
Somebodies getting paid to make the call. The Spurs have been great at doing this over the years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Somebodies getting paid to make the call. The Spurs have been great at doing this over the years.

They are probably great at identifying talent AND developing it but even they have missed frequently.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I would bet my house that a player will be available with the 6th pick that will be a star in 3 years. I would not bet my house that the Suns will be able to identify and select this player.

I'd bet your house too. I might even bet my own. Right now I have no clue who we will or who we should draft but all we can do is hope that we'll learn what we need to between now and D Day and add a player that will help us now and down the road. I'd feel better about our chances if we needed a small forward but identifying a quality PG and/or a PF will be an even bigger challenge IMO.

SunnyBaller

All Star
Reaction score
Didn't want to read through the whole forum so might have been talked about but what does everyone think about paring bol bol with Ayton, 2 7+ footers who can shoot could be a matchup nightmare, given we get a point guard too, which in this draft if they really like Garland or white it's probably alot easier to trade back into the first to get

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Didn't want to read through the whole forum so might have been talked about but what does everyone think about paring bol bol with Ayton, 2 7+ footers who can shoot could be a matchup nightmare, given we get a point guard too, which in this draft if they really like Garland or white it's probably alot easier to trade back into the first to get
I’ve been interested in Bol from the beginning of the season. I think it’s interesting that he gets a rep for lack of fire, but his numbers before injury were pretty sterling. And granted they’re limited, but so are garlands.

In 9 games:
21pts
9.6reb
1 assist
2.7 blocks
13/25 threes

The counter to all that is:

Super skinny. 208lbs at 7’2. That almost scary.
The foot injury. Foot injuries with extremely tall guys tend to be a career wrecker.

Absent those two elements he’s almost be a perfect fit alongside Ayton with shotblocking and three point shooting.

itlnsunsfan

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score

I really like him. The problem is his injury and he's alarmingly thin.

itlnsunsfan

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I’ve been interested in Bol from the beginning of the season. I think it’s interesting that he gets a rep for lack of fire, but his numbers before injury were pretty sterling. And granted they’re limited, but so are garlands.

In 9 games:
21pts
9.6reb
1 assist
2.7 blocks
13/25 threes

The foot injury. Foot injuries with extremely tall guys tend to be a career wrecker.

Absent those two elements he’s almost be a perfect fit alongside Ayton with shotblocking and three point shooting.

Ya that.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score

In 9 games:
21pts
9.6reb
1 assist
2.7 blocks
13/25 threes

You’d almost have to sit him like Embiid to build up healthy strength. He wouldn’t last at his current size/frame but his upside is undeniable. I could see him going as early as #5 to Cleveland because they’ve got absolutely nothing and could afford t be super patient.

SunnyBaller

All Star
Reaction score

In 9 games:
21pts
9.6reb
1 assist
2.7 blocks
13/25 threes

He was 208? I thought he was supposed to be like 240

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
You’d almost have to sit him like Embiid to build up healthy strength. He wouldn’t last at his current size/frame but his upside is undeniable. I could see him going as early as #5 to Cleveland because they’ve got absolutely nothing and could afford t be super patient.

Who's the last beanpole gimmick that worked out? Surely Bol isn't more skilled than Shawn Bradley. I'm not interested in him at all.

SunnyBaller

All Star
Reaction score
He lost like 30 pounds since sitting out with his injury.
That's crazy, but with a good weight lifting and condition program he can get bigger , probably never gonna get too big, but as for the thin frame playing as a stretch 4 can get rid of some problems

itlnsunsfan

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
That's crazy, but with a good weight lifting and condition program he can get bigger , probably never gonna get too big, but as for the thin frame playing as a stretch 4 can get rid of some problems

Yes, I'd be more concerned with this if it went the opposite way, and he ballooned up in weight while sitting.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He was my favorite non-Zion pick until the foot injury. Now, I'd take him with our second rounder, maybe.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes, I'd be more concerned with this if it went the opposite way, and he ballooned up in weight while sitting.

Really? To me it suggests that his weight gain coming into college was somewhat artificial, as in he'll have to constantly work on bulking up just to be the skinniest guy on the court (maybe in the building).

SunnyBaller

All Star
Reaction score
He was my favorite non-Zion pick until the foot injury. Now, I'd take him with our second rounder, maybe.
If we're gonna pick a big guy to take a flyer on in the second I'd go with tako falls , he's never gonna be a good offensive player but he's big enough to throw off the bench to bother people if needed

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
Tacko Fall is a riser in this draft. Maybe 32cnd pick for our Bol Bol and Ayton front line. Except you probably get ten minutes a game from Tacko as you build him up for NBA play hid rookie year.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If we're gonna pick a big guy to take a flyer on in the second I'd go with tako falls , he's never gonna be a good offensive player but he's big enough to throw off the bench to bother people if needed

Sure but I was really making the point that I wouldn't touch Bol with an early pick. And I agree I'd much rather gamble on Tacko than BB although there are a couple of guards I'd be even more interested in if they make it to the second.

itlnsunsfan

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Really? To me it suggests that his weight gain coming into college was somewhat artificial, as in he'll have to constantly work on bulking up just to be the skinniest guy on the court (maybe in the building).

He'll naturally fill out as he gets older. Ballooning in weight now would be a bad sign for the future, besides the additional stress it puts on his foot. With that foot injury, I'd much rather him be skinny than heavy.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He'll naturally fill out as he gets older. Ballooning in weight now would be a bad sign for the future, besides the additional stress it puts on his foot. With that foot injury, I'd much rather him be skinny than heavy.

I agree you wouldn't want him to add weight with his foot problem but it's incredibly worrisome that an already skinny dude dropped 30 plus pounds in 5 months during a period of almost forced inactivity. Seriously, that's almost impossible to do.

slinslin

Welcome to Amareca
Reaction score
Tacko Fall would be a waste of a draft pick even at 32

Typical center that gets drafted because of size but has no actual talent

SunnyBaller

All Star
Reaction score
Tacko Fall would be a waste of a draft pick even at 32

Typical center that gets drafted because of size but has no actual talent
Most 32nd picks are wastes anyway , and most of those aren't 7'6 or whatever he is, I wouldn't expect anything out of him but if no one else you like is there just pick him

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson