Pat Kirwin former GM: Teams love Kyle Lauletta

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I think the bigger issue is Keim's apparent love for the "fast riser" in the draft. Deone, DJ, and Reddick were all guys who elevated late in the process.
Thats why I think Lauletta could be drafted in round 1
During combine also I heard keim saying something like this
"if u see the qb u like probably u have to overdraft him''

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Can't you just admit that you are mistaking DJ for someone else? DJ was a first round pick, said everyone. Even you said it, you just did not think he should have went that early and was a reach. But at 24 that is where many of the experts had him going, some even earlier. I have yet to see one that had him even going in the top of the second round.

Absolutely not. This (thread) is like the saddest effort at gaslighting ever. I'm arguing with a few Keim loyalists, and those who used to chime in on this topic are likely not on this thread any more or not bothering.

DJ is part of Keim's record of project picks, his very public first-round projects. As they say in Game of Thrones, "It is known" :)

Reaction score
That's great. And dozens of posters over the past few seasons have posted just as many links that support my position. Feel free to look those up too, if you care to :)

You can't look something up that isn't there.

Gandhi

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Absolutely not. This (thread) is like the saddest effort at gaslighting ever. I'm arguing with a few Keim loyalists, and those who used to chime in on this topic are likely not on this thread any more or not bothering.

DJ is part of Keim's record of project picks, his very public first-round projects. As they say in Game of Thrones, "It is known" :)

Are you serious, Stout? You are not arguing against Keim loyalists. You are arguing against historic facts. In all honesty, it is your input in this thread that is the saddest effort at gaslighting, as you put it.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
Are you serious, Stout? You are not arguing against Keim loyalists. You are arguing against historic facts. In all honesty, it is your input in this thread that is the saddest effort at gaslighting, as you put it.
maybe the debate is in quibbling over wording.

I clearly remember when DJHump was drafted... and all over the board everyone was like....who?? who dafuq is that? it was a far left field pick as we were in desperate need of a linebacker as always and we had a prime Jared Veldheer manning our LT position and a young bobbie massie on the right...we didnt need an OT in that draft....we needed a LBer or a corner... but somehow we got this guy that had raw talent but was not ready to play...I remember them commenting on that right after the pick, saying he can sit behind Veldheer a couple years while he learns.....some thought it a good pick because they thought our roster was "stacked" with talent at the time.

Stout

Reaction score
maybe the debate is in quibbling over wording.

I clearly remember when DJHump was drafted... and all over the board everyone was like....who?? who dafuq is that? it was a far left field pick as we were in desperate need of a linebacker as always and we had a prime Jared Veldheer manning our LT position and a young bobbie massie on the right...we didnt need an OT in that draft....we needed a LBer or a corner... but somehow we got this guy that had raw talent but was not ready to play...I remember them commenting on that right after the pick, saying he can sit behind Veldheer a couple years while he learns.....some thought it a good pick because they thought our roster was "stacked" with talent at the time.

Thanks, oaken1. I realize I am supposedly somehow misremembering everything, and have kind posters pointing out that I may be mistaken, but I'm clearly not.

You can't look something up that isn't there.

Yeah, I'm not getting suckered into stopping work on my novel to spend an hour looking a bunch of links up for you, chuckles.

The gaslighting remarks were in regards to Wisconsin suggesting I was thinking of some other player, which was just plain silly. So you've managed go back in time, Ghandi, and made the pundits on the various networks to change their tune on the pick when it was made? Wow, you invented time travel, and THAT'S how you put it to use? :D

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
Thanks, oaken1. I realize I am supposedly somehow misremembering everything, and have kind posters pointing out that I may be mistaken, but I'm clearly not.

Yeah, I'm not getting suckered into stopping work on my novel to spend an hour looking a bunch of links up for you, chuckles.

The gaslighting remarks were in regards to Wisconsin suggesting I was thinking of some other player, which was just plain silly. So you've managed go back in time, Ghandi, and made the pundits on the various networks to change their tune on the pick when it was made? Wow, you invented time travel, and THAT'S how you put it to use? :D

Two points here - I don't think you're wrong in saying that the board in general didn't like the pick. Hell, I sure didn't. But my argument is that it was not a reach per "the pundits," meaning the professionals paid to talk about this in the media. He was valued as a first round pick. Was it the best choice for us at the time? Easily arguable. But he was projected into the first.

Gandhi

Hall of Famer
Reaction score

I’m sorry but I don’t really understand? It’s probably the language barrier or maybe simply that I am tired. It’s almost midnight here.

I just wanted to show that Humphries was indeed projected by a lot of media pundits, to go higher than the Cardinals’ pick and thus that Keim did in fact not select someone that the draft community in general thought to be a reach when he was picked. I didn’t think it was a good pick at the time, but that’s obviously beside the point just as it is irrelevant what was said on this board after the pick.

WisconsinCard

Herfin BIg Time
Reaction score

moklerman

Rise from the Ashes III
Reaction score
I don't know if Lauletta can read a defense or process the game at NFL speed but he sure looks like he throws a very catchable ball.

WisconsinCard

Herfin BIg Time
Reaction score
:sarcasm:

Is that why you left that part of my quote out?

I guess I assumed when you said "supposedly" you were speaking from what you read about the kid from other folks. I also figured since your not really a college football buff you did not have an option of him either way. I know that is a lot of assumptions, but as you said in another thread we have met and sat face to face and talked about football.

Ok I'm bored with this conversation, can we go back to having a beer and a cigar out on the porch of a bed and breakfast? That was a great day to bad we lost, and it took me an hour to get back to the hotel, but oh well gave my son another funny story to tell his two sons, about their dear ole grandpa.

Last edited:

Stout

Reaction score
I guess I assumed when you said "supposedly" you were speaking from what you read about the kid from other folks. I also figured since your not really a college football buff you did not have an option of him either way. I know that is a lot of assumptions, but as you said in another thread we have met and sat face to face and talked about football.

Ok I'm bored with this conversation, can we go back to having a beer and a cigar out on the porch of a bed and breakfast? That was a great day to bad we lost, and it took me an hour to get back to the hotel, but oh well gave my son another funny story to tell his two sons, about their dear ole grandpa.

Damn straight! Although I may just hang out on the porch next time, and watch the game on TV. Both times I went to Cards/Steelers games at Heinz Field, the Steelers won. Hey, that way I can maybe shuttle the crew back and forth to avoid a repeat of the back problem! :)

WisconsinCard

Herfin BIg Time
Reaction score
Damn straight! Although I may just hang out on the porch next time, and watch the game on TV. Both times I went to Cards/Steelers games at Heinz Field, the Steelers won. Hey, that way I can maybe shuttle the crew back and forth to avoid a repeat of the back problem! :)

Thanks but the back is fine now. Turned out it was all from my hips, so I have had both of them replaced over the last two years. I can walk for days now...:violin:

Arz101

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Cardinals like Lauletta. I think he goes to Dolphins in second round.

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I could see Falk as a fit for NE. He has a lot of similarities with Brady coming out of college. Tall pocket QB. Very accurate and quick release. Brady may have had more of an arm but somewhat similar.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Monti Ossentfort