Robert Nkemdiche aka "The Inactive One"

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Will this guy ever be a shadow of the player he was in college?

Will he go down as a great pick or a wasted pick? :shrug:

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
I still say just like I did on draft day he wasn't all the special. Overhyped & overvalued for the production he put on tape in college!!
meanwhile,...the guy I wanted was picked right behind us by carolina...Vernon Butler...and has been starting and clogging the middle quite well

we need to nick name nkemdiche "roster spot"...because that is all he is

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
He had a good off season, said to be doing what it takes to become a good player. He's been dinged the last few weeks. I'm not writing him off yet. I'd like to see him healthy and get into a regular routine before I judge him. Of course, that may never happen.

pemory09

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
It would be nice to see him actually suit up and take the field for a change.

Cardiac

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Kyle Vanden Bosch, Thomas Jones, Garrison Hearst ............

All went on to have excellent careers and if IRCC they all had injury issues that caused us to give up on them. Far to soon to label Diche a bust but there are red flags a flying.

Veer

All Star
Reaction score
Only time I've recognized him on the field is when he jumps offside. If I'm not mistaken he's jumped offside once in every game he's played. He clearly has all the talent in the world to become a great force on the interior, but the offside penalties make me question if he has the brain to succeed. Right now I'd be happy if he at least turns into an explosive interior pass rusher that can help us get off the field on 3rd down, which has been a huge weakness this year.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Kyle Vanden Bosch, Thomas Jones, Garrison Hearst ............

All went on to have excellent careers and if IRCC they all had injury issues that caused us to give up on them. Far to soon to label Diche a bust but there are red flags a flying.

Don't forget Leonard Davis who left here and went on to make like 4 pro bowls with Dallas. Huh move him inside who would of ever thought

PJ1

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Hasn't played enough in regular season to evaluate him. Had a decent preseason. If he can't get on the field more because of injuries he won't be here long.

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
meanwhile,...the guy I wanted was picked right behind us by carolina...Vernon Butler...and has been starting and clogging the middle quite well

we need to nick name nkemdiche "roster spot"...because that is all he is
I was right there with ya oaken!!!

I've already nicknamed him Bustdiche:lol:

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Begs the question - Can the return of injured players (including from retrievable IR) make a team tangibly better and reverse its course in the second half of the season? Or is the improvement typically marginal?

az jam

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I was happy when the Cards drafted him but am disappointed with his lack of progress. He certainly seems injury prone.

CHAPTER 7

Registered
Reaction score
It's too bad he is not representing #90. I remember Dockett was telling him to represent #90 well. Quite the opposite...

clif

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Way too early to tell. The hall of Famers show up early in spurts. The only real problem I have with him is that we let CC walk because of him. We at least needed to see him play before letting one of our best walk.

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I still say just like I did on draft day he wasn't all the special. Overhyped & overvalued for the production he put on tape in college!!

Exactly. He had 2-3 crazy good plays that he parlayed into being drafted based solely on potential. The guy spent 95% of his college career being very average.