Cards bringing in 9 players

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure Kevin spencer was the special teams coach under Wis. He was fired once BA arrived. Special teams has sucked since (and AP hasn't returned a TD since)... Kevin spencer and John Lott should have been retained.
this. the new ST guy is terrible.

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Amos Jones first started coaching with Arians 33 years ago at Temple. Blinded by Loyalty.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No... I gotta believe there are better punters that are walking the streets. No need to trade for one.
the 9 players trying out are for punter, long snapper and etc. We arent looking for starting skill position players off the street. Who are you trading floyd for?

unseenaz

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
a contender wouldn't trade a starter, and a non-contender wouldn't trade for a player on a contract season.

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
We have a Center already, again i dont think this "bringing in 9 players" has anything to do with those positions.

No... we don't have a center already. Shipley is a weakness, not a strength.
And I never said the 9 players had anything to do with the center or ILB positions. I'm sure they don't.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No... we don't have a center already. Shipley is a weakness, not a strength.
And I never said the 9 players had anything to do with the center or ILB positions. I'm sure they don't.
sure but you are in a thread about 9 tryout players begging to trade floyd?

Boehm is our Center, he will see the field before we trade Floyd for one.

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
sure but you are in a thread about 9 tryout players begging to trade floyd?

Boehm is our Center, he will see the field before we trade Floyd for one.

My initial post was that we won't find anything in the scap-heap of these 9 players and that trading Floyd would be a better option to find a player that could make a difference.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Do you believe Floyd will be back in AZ next season?

Right that's my reasoning. If we won't keep him we should trade him unless keeping him this year only is impactful for the whole season. That is if we're in contention we will keep him, if we're not, should try and trade him.

not for a P though at this point will probably be a draft pick

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My initial post was that we won't find anything in the scap-heap of these 9 players and that trading Floyd would be a better option to find a player that could make a difference.
but we are bringing in players to find a punter and a long snapper, not to find a difference maker at other positions. I do feel we can absolutely find better punters and long snappers in the tryouts.

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
but we are bringing in players to find a punter and a long snapper, not to find a difference maker at other positions. I do feel we can absolutely find better punters and long snappers in the tryouts.

Yes. I agree... BUT, I don't believe we are playing this poorly and losing simply because of our Punter and Long Snapper. I don't believe we would've won yesterday with a better Punter or Long Snapper.
My point is that Floyd could/maybe/perhaps, bring meaningful/helpful value in a trade... and if the odds are he won't be a Cardinal next season, why not get something for him now rather than just let him walk away...

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes. I agree... BUT, I don't believe we are playing this poorly and losing simply because of our Punter and Long Snapper. I don't believe we would've won yesterday with a better Punter or Long Snapper.
My point is that Floyd could/maybe/perhaps, bring meaningful/helpful value in a trade... and if the odds are he won't be a Cardinal next season, why not get something for him now rather than just let him walk away...

I can see it, just didnt make sense in the context.

And with a better snapper we could be easily 3-0. The pats game was simple to win at the end and the overhead snap took us from a 1 possession game to over two just like that. Those 2 plays are a big reason why were are 1-2.

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
I can see it, just didnt make sense in the context.

And with a better snapper we could be easily 3-0. The pats game was simple to win at the end and the overhead snap took us from a 1 possession game to over two just like that. Those 2 plays are a big reason why were are 1-2.

The snap in the Pats game wasn't perfect, but it was not horrible either... Catman should've made the FG. As for yesterday, our Punting and the bad snap were definitely contributing factors. But focusing there only takes the focus away from the rest of the bigger reasons as to why we lost.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The snap in the Pats game wasn't perfect, but it was not horrible either... Catman should've made the FG. As for yesterday, our Punting and the bad snap were definitely contributing factors. But focusing there only takes the focus away from the rest of the bigger reasons as to why we lost.
which is true but if we didnt mess that up and give them seven points, we could have won and if we won, no one would be worried about things today.

b8rtm8nn

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Here ya go:
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

You keep posting that and it keeps making the point that you are wrong. Catman clearly adjusts his stride because of the bad snap.

COULD he have made it? Sure.
SHOULD he have made it? Of course not. Like a golfer having to adjust mid-swing, not gonna work as intended.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score

It was bad enough to throw the kickers motion off and make the field goal miss. Thats not on catman.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard