RFA Isaiah Thomas visiting Suns

az jam

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA
Restricted free agent guard Isaiah Thomas visiting Suns today, sources tell Yahoo. Suns looking to build on deep backcourt.

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
Weird. Maybe they'll try to get Thomas to a below-max deal, then let Bledsoe walk -- but the timing would be tricky. Surely Dragic/Bledsoe/Thomas all on big salaries would make no sense.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA
Restricted free agent guard Isaiah Thomas visiting Suns today, sources tell Yahoo. Suns looking to build on deep backcourt.

Also,
Paul Coro @paulcoro
Free agent guard Isaiah Thomas is visiting the #Suns in Phoenix today and tomorrow. He's envisioned as a 3rd guard behind Dragic & Bledsoe.

The Suns also have Ish Smith and the PG they drafted. This smacks of trade to me.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Huh. I have him eventually going to the Lakers...unless the Lakers are going to try a run at Bledsoe. :shrug:

slinslin

Welcome to Amareca
Reaction score
Is Isiah Thomas any good?

No he is stopping the ball too much.

I think he is a 6th man. Clearly not as good as Bledsoe.

I would take him as backup guard though.

Dragic/Green/Goodwin
Bledsoe/Thomas/Ennis

That would be insane.

WuRaider

Registered
Reaction score
Booooooo

This either means they're considering moving on without Bledsoe or he's gonna take Ennis' mins. Wtf McD, we don't need Isiah.

KloD

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Maybe McD just sees this as a way to add another asset at a reasonable price. They aren't going to keep all these backcourt guys in the long term. Signing him would allow the trade of one or two of them in the future while not taking huge steps back. Or... maybe they want him so they can trade Dragic or sign and trade Bledsoe for a big? Who knows, but at least we are hearing something. Even if that something isn't what we really want to hear.

OP
OP
az jam

az jam

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Retweeted by Paul Coro
Brett Weisband ‏@weisband
For the record, Isaiah Thomas told me yesterday that his top three choices are the Lakers, Suns and Dallas. Very interesting trio.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Maybe McD just sees this as a way to add another asset at a reasonable price. They aren't going to keep all these backcourt guys in the long term. Signing him would allow the trade of one or two of them in the future while not taking huge steps back. Or... maybe they want him so they can trade Dragic or sign and trade Bledsoe for a big? Who knows, but at least we are hearing something. Even if that something isn't what we really want to hear.

Again, IMO, collecting PGs says the Suns are thinking of trading one.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Not sure I agree with perplexing (possible bad) news is better then no news.

If any other team already had Bledsoe, Dragic, Ennis and was looking at ANOTHER PG, we'd all be comparing them to the idiocy of Minnesota back in the day. Hopefully, this makes sense eventually, but I'm scratching my head.

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
No he is stopping the ball too much.

I think he is a 6th man. Clearly not as good as Bledsoe.

I would take him as backup guard though.

Dragic/Green/Goodwin
Bledsoe/Thomas/Ennis

That would be insane.
It sounds like a downgrade to me.

WuRaider

Registered
Reaction score
From the realgm boards:
Gambo thinks signing Thomas only makes sense if we are trading for love.

I want to keep Bledsoe cause he's so fun to watch but if losing him means getting Love.....

Nah, would rather pursue Love in FA. Don't want to give up our talent to Minn

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
From the realgm boards:
Gambo thinks signing Thomas only makes sense if we are trading for love.

I want to keep Bledsoe cause he's so fun to watch but if losing him means getting Love.....

Nah, would rather pursue Love in FA. Don't want to give up our talent to Minn

This may be the Suns best chance of getting a star player via trade.

GYDevil

Veteran
Reaction score
Trade Questions

I would agree that the only logical explanation for going after Thomas is to trade Dragic or Bledsoe. For those in the know, how long after they match an offer for Bledsoe can they trade him? At this point I would rather have Love and Thomas if it meant giving up either Dragic or Bledsoe.

Iceman

Administrator
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hasn't Bledsoe proved he is a star player??? Would hate to see him go because of how good he is going to be. But, yes I agree, with Thomas visiting there is something up!

JS22

Say Vandelay!
Reaction score
If Thomas signs you can almost expect a big trade. Perhaps Bledsoe wants the max and the Suns aren't interested?

OP
OP
az jam

az jam

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Sacramento can match as he is a Restricted Free Agent. However Sacramento has cap problems.

Sci Fi

All Star
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I would agree that the only logical explanation for going after Thomas is to trade Dragic or Bledsoe. For those in the know, how long after they match an offer for Bledsoe can they trade him? At this point I would rather have Love and Thomas if it meant giving up either Dragic or Bledsoe.

I think that the player that the Suns are looking to trade is Dragic. My guess is the Suns are targeting Love and Thomas is seen as a sufficient substitute for Dragic. He's been mentioned in rumors/trades by three teams. For a player that really should be close to untouchable, I find this highly unusual.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joseph Garrison