Mark Asher fired at KTAR

MigratingOsprey

Thank You Paul!
Reaction score
none at all ....... they had the only local show for morning drive and it was a good one ... seems like a lack of foresight to even have it an option for chuck to leave

crisper57

Open the Roof!
Reaction score
We have 3 sports radio stations in the Valley. I cannot believe that none of them think a local morning show is viable. Someone has to step in and fill the void.

I am calling for a boycott of all local sports radio stations until after 12 pm!!!

crisper57

Open the Roof!
Reaction score
Sirius NFL Radio for me!

Oh yeah, I do love listening to all the idiots calling in going, "yeah, um, I wanna talk about the (Cowboys/Steelers/Jets), even though your last five callers asked the exact same questions about the (Cowboys/Steelers/Jets)."

The best thing Chuck and Vince ever did was to not take calls. You could text them and if you had something not-dumb to say, they would respond to it on the air.

Matt L

formerly known as mattyboy
Reaction score
I never understood why either Chuck or Vince were laughing so hard. Neither were funny at all but one guy would say something and the other guy would giggle as if he was sitting next to Jerry Seinfeld.

crisper57

Open the Roof!
Reaction score
I never understood why either Chuck or Vince were laughing so hard. Neither were funny at all but one guy would say something and the other guy would giggle as if he was sitting next to Jerry Seinfeld.

Well if you think Seinfeld is funny, that's your problem right there... Are you also a fan of "Two and a Half Men"?
:D

Last edited:

CFLredzoned

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I am extremely sad today. Looks like Chuck and Vince are done at the Fan 1060. Powell is doing to do afternoon talk on 92.3. Vince is going to do something over there sports-related. Damn, my morning drive is gonna totally suck from now on. Vince is done today and Chuck will finish out the month.

Anyone know what The Fan is doing to replace them? Is our morning drive going to be totally devoid of any local shows?

Dang I just started listening to that show. I was finally warming up to his Lou Holtz schtick.

On a side note, does anybody know if they have podcasts for the Bob Kemp show? I keep reading that it's a good show. Only thing, I have problems listening to their live streaming feeds for the Fan 1060. It sputters and rebuffers too much. I don't know if it's my crappy sound card or just bandwidth issues on their end.

Matt L

formerly known as mattyboy
Reaction score
Well if you think Seinfeld is funny, that's your problem right there... Are you also a fan of "Two and a Half Men"?
:D

Whoa, that burns.

And for the record, Chuck and Vince's humor would probably work well on "Two and a Half Men."

:-D

DutchmanAZ

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I must have missed something. I listened to them this morning and didn't hear anything about the show going off air? Looked at the 1060 site and didn't see anything related either.

crisper57

Open the Roof!
Reaction score

JS22

Say Vandelay!
Reaction score
I am extremely sad today. Looks like Chuck and Vince are done at the Fan 1060. Powell is doing to do afternoon talk on 92.3. Vince is going to do something over there sports-related. Damn, my morning drive is gonna totally suck from now on. Vince is done today and Chuck will finish out the month.

Anyone know what The Fan is doing to replace them? Is our morning drive going to be totally devoid of any local shows?

What the hell? I was finally getting comfortable listening to them each morning. Years back they were my favorite radio show, so I was really happy that they were doing a sports show again.

kps0001

Warriors Come Out And Plaaaay!
Reaction score
I tuned in for a bit to give them a chance here recently. All the giggling was quite annoying. I don't think the show was that good but just for the simple fact it was the only local morning show I will miss it.

The Lou Holtz thing was pretty funny though.

Maybe Ash will team up with one of them preferably Chuck.

crisper57

Open the Roof!
Reaction score
I tuned in for a bit to give them a chance here recently. All the giggling was quite annoying. I don't think the show was that good but just for the simple fact it was the only local morning show I will miss it.

The Lou Holtz thing was pretty funny though.

Maybe Ash will team up with one of them preferably Chuck.

Lou Holtz karaoke goes right up there with Jerry the Dog, IMO. For those of you who don't know who Jerry the Dog is, consider yourselves deprived of greatness.

Bodha

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Doug and Wolf in the afternoon is one of the worst things to ever happen to radio.

Wolf - YEEEEEEAAAAHHHHH, my friends, let me tell you. You must have the GUTS, the ENDEARING FORTITUDE to become what you want to be in this life, my brothers. etc.

bro, give it a rest. The guy just rambles on like hes the dhali lama dropping life altering pieces of wisdom, whilst occasionally talking about sports. Hes a good guy, like him as a person, starting to hate him as a radio guy. It was ok for 20 minutes in the mornings on my way to school. But in the afternoons, when im stuck in traffic, hes the last guy i want to listen to.

and Gambo isnt any better. Dave Burns aint bad, he gives their show a shred of credibility.

crisper57

Open the Roof!
Reaction score
Doug and Wolf in the afternoon is one of the worst things to ever happen to radio.

Wolf - YEEEEEEAAAAHHHHH, my friends, let me tell you. You must have the GUTS, the ENDEARING FORTITUDE to become what you want to be in this life, my brothers. etc.

bro, give it a rest. The guy just rambles on like hes the dhali lama dropping life altering pieces of wisdom, whilst occasionally talking about sports. Hes a good guy, like him as a person, starting to hate him as a radio guy. It was ok for 20 minutes in the mornings on my way to school. But in the afternoons, when im stuck in traffic, hes the last guy i want to listen to.

and Gambo isnt any better. Dave Bruns aint bad, he gives their show a shred of credibility.

I agree. I hate Bickley and MJ, but I've started listening to them on the way home because Wolf is a rambling idiot. Funny enough, they have a promo that says something like, "we don't have to invent words or scream to make our points". Ha ha!

NoelPHX

Space for Sale
Reaction score
Damn I was just getting used to Chuck and Vince. Guess I am stuck letting the girlfriend listen to music on the way in to work....

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I agree. I hate Bickley and MJ, but I've started listening to them on the way home because Wolf is a rambling idiot. Funny enough, they have a promo that says something like, "we don't have to invent words or scream to make our points". Ha ha!

Wolf drives me nuts. If you have heard him talk about one topic you have heard him talk about every topic. Seriously, he says the same thing over and over and always equates it to his playing days.

I rarely ever listen to him but why is it when I do, I hear "basononians", "my friends" or "when I played the game" without fail?!?!?!

I get a gag reflex every time.

Jersey Girl

Stand down
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We have 3 sports radio stations in the Valley. I cannot believe that none of them think a local morning show is viable. Someone has to step in and fill the void.

Pretty sad that that appears to be the case.

I am so happy that, this year, my morning commute went from 40 - 45 minutes to 10 - 15 minutes.

I still listen to Doug and Wolf in the afternoon for the few minutes when I'm on the road.

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
On a side note, does anybody know if they have podcasts for the Bob Kemp show? I keep reading that it's a good show. Only thing, I have problems listening to their live streaming feeds for the Fan 1060. It sputters and rebuffers too much. I don't know if it's my crappy sound card or just bandwidth issues on their end.

Everyone is required to say it is a good show. If you don't, he will sue you. He will probably sue me for saying that.

TigToad

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I won't miss Chuck and Vince at all. I do miss Doug and Wolf in the morning, they are not as good in the afternoon. I really miss Gambo and Ash in the afternoon. Gambo and Burns are terrible.

Sigh... sports radio in Phoenix has gone down a ton in the last 3 months.

vince56

ASFN Addict
Reaction score

I am calling for a boycott of all local sports radio stations until after 12 pm!!!

As big a sports fan as I am, nothing beats Holmberg in the morning. Just too entertaining.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
God....I would take Chuck and Vince in heartbeat over Doug and Wolf. Doug and Wolf is like listening to scratches on a chalkboard.

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
God....I would take Chuck and Vince in heartbeat over Doug and Wolf. Doug and Wolf is like listening to scratches on a chalkboard.

Want to know why you are wrong? I will tell you in two minutes!!!!

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Monti Ossentfort