2009/2010 Champions League

Milgod

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Scum played their worst game for a long time last night and thankfully lost. I still wasn't that impressed with Bayern though. Manure pressed forward easily in the first half. Still, hopefully they'll lose 5-0 at home.

Shzm13

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Anyone know how long Rooney will be out? If hes out for the 2nd leg, ManU is done.

Shzm13

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Well, at least he'll be fine to play in the WC.

Epic game Barcelona vs Arsenal

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
That Barcelona/Arsenal game was incredible. Barcelona DOMINATED Arsenal. It was amazing that it was 0-0 at half. Some good strikes by Ibra (his first ever Champions League goals) and an amazing comeback by Arsenal. Great strike by Theo, but that PK by Fabregas was a gift. Puyol really didn't do anything. PK? Ok, but a red card?

I despise NBA officiating, but FIFA refs are just awful. That yellow on Fabregas early in the game was unwarranted as well. Now Cesc won't play in the return leg.

Mathew81

Whatever
Reaction score
I despise NBA officiating, but FIFA refs are just awful. That yellow on Fabregas early in the game was unwarranted as well. Now Cesc won't play in the return leg.
Unfortunately Cesc won't be playing the rest of the season. The injury he got at the end of the game ended up being a fracture in his leg. Gallas is out the rest of the year too. Arsenal's already slim chances at winning a trophy this year just died.

Renz

An Army of One
Reaction score
Unfortunately Cesc won't be playing the rest of the season. The injury he got at the end of the game ended up being a fracture in his leg. Gallas is out the rest of the year too. Arsenal's already slim chances at winning a trophy this year just died.

Arshavin is out now too.

Mathew81

Whatever
Reaction score
Inter has pretty much clinched it. CSKA would have to outscore them 3-0 in the second half to advance.

Shzm13

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Inter moves on.

Should be a great match between Arsenal-Barcelona. Arsenal has overcome a ton of injuries to make it this far, but i think Barcelona is just too talented.

Mathew81

Whatever
Reaction score
Not looking good for my Gunners. They just don't have the talent on the field to match up with Barca.

Shzm13

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Yeah, nice start for Arsenal, but Messi is just too much. Messi = GOAT

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
NO MORE ENGLISH TEAMS!!

Sad that Arsenal is out, but ecstatic that Barcelona is still in--the title is theirs to lose now. And I fear Bayern more than Inter. Barca beat Inter already in the Champions League, but Bayern seems to be coming together at the right moment. That blast by Robben was top level.