2008/2009 Champions League

Shzm13

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
FC Porto pushing ManU to the limit at Old Trafford.

Lol, wow, what a great game

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
2 pretty good games. FC Porto gets 2 away goals in the draw and Arsenal gets their 1 away goal in the draw. ManU has some work to do.

Mathew81

Whatever
Reaction score
Great goal by Adebayor to tie for Arsenal. Some bad news though, Gallas is out for the rest of the season and Almunia will probably miss the 2nd leg against Villarreal.

OP
OP
Zeno

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
Bayern Munich is being outclassed by Barcelona, 4-0 just before half.

Shzm13

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Yeah, quite the asswhooping.

Whats shocking (at least to me) is that Munchen has only 1 shot on goal in the whole game.

Liverpool-Chelsea a great game as usual

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Bayern Munich is being outclassed by Barcelona, 4-0 just before half.

Both are my favorite teams in their respective leagues, but Barca is hands down the best team in the world and my favorite to actually watch. Too bad the game is on Setanta.

slinslin

Welcome to Amareca
Reaction score
In over 15 years of watching almost every Bayern game live I was never as embarassed as against Wolfsburg and today vs Barca.

Sure we are missing Klose, Lucio, Lahm, Van Buyten and Barca has their best squad in Barcelona and probably play their best game of the season but we don't even fight.

Lell is the worst player in Bayern history to regularly start, Altintop who looked awfully slow after his injury and him were to blame for all the goals.

Mathew81

Whatever
Reaction score
Arsenal's Clichy is going to be out 2 weeks with back problems. So they'll be missing Almunia, Clichy and Gallas for the 2nd leg vs. Villarreal. That's a big blow to the defense.

Renz

An Army of One
Reaction score
That Chelsea/Liverpool game was crazy. I don't like either team, but it was exciting. I wouldn't mind Liverpool if Benitez wasn't such a tool.

Força Barça!

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
So the semifinals are:

Barcelona vs. Chelsea
Arsenal vs. Manchester United

What a draw!

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
And THAT'S why Iniesta is a top 5 midfielder in the world. Man, can't WAIT to get home and watch the game!!!

Viva Barca!!!

PS: On another sad note, an Arsenal fan hung himself this morning because he was so distraught over the drubbing Arsenal received from United. Unbelievable.

Renz

An Army of One
Reaction score
And THAT'S why Iniesta is a top 5 midfielder in the world. Man, can't WAIT to get home and watch the game!!!

Viva Barca!!!

I love Iniesta. I had a feeling that if Barca were going to break through, that he would be the one to do it.

Iniesta and Xavi are the MVP's of that team, IMO. They just get it done game-after-game. They're the epitomy of 'professional footballer'.

Milgod

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I love Iniesta. I had a feeling that if Barca were going to break through, that he would be the one to do it.

Iniesta and Xavi are the MVP's of that team, IMO. They just get it done game-after-game. They're the epitomy of 'professional footballer'.
and Messi is . . . . ?

Anyway, a good finish to the game. Chelsea should have had at least one penalty, but that's they way it goes sometimes.

I just hope Barca dick all over Manure.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score

The thing about Barcelona is that they are strong in so many areas. Amazing how up and down their defense has been, but they still play quality. Mostly thanks to Carlos Puyol, who I think is one of the best fullbacks in the world. And Dani Alves, who I think IS the best attacking fullback in the world. And the biggest surprise of the year is by far Gerard Pique. But that regular front 5 (Xavi, Iniesta, Messi, Henry and Eto'o) is probably the best in the world.

Milgod

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
The thing about Barcelona is that they are strong in so many areas. Amazing how up and down their defense has been, but they still play quality. Mostly thanks to Carlos Puyol, who I think is one of the best fullbacks in the world. And Dani Alves, who I think IS the best attacking fullback in the world. And the biggest surprise of the year is by far Gerard Pique. But that regular front 5 (Xavi, Iniesta, Messi, Henry and Eto'o) is probably the best in the world.
So to recap. Barcelona are the best team in the world?

Have I got the main gist of your message?

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard