2008/2009 Champions League

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Barca is looking horrible right now. They need to get it together.

EDIT: And a minute later, GOAL!!! Sami Eto'o!!

BirdMan21

Ex-Ex-AP Hype Man
Reaction score
Barca took over the last 35 min of that game. Just passed Man U to death. Hopefully the second half is just a goal frenzy.

BirdMan21

Ex-Ex-AP Hype Man
Reaction score
Wow....thought Henry was gonna put one away there. Still 1-0

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
71'A superb goal but completely preventable. Evra and Ronaldo must take the blame for that. What a finish though; Messi first goal against an English side.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
71'A superb goal but completely preventable. Evra and Ronaldo must take the blame for that. What a finish though; Messi first goal against an English side.

AND it was a header, which is the only part of Messi's game that isn't all that great.

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
98'
You must be registered for see images
Sir Alex coughs and splutters through his post-match interview but manages to force out an admission: "In fairness, we were beaten by the better team tonight." Quite right too.

Milgod

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Ha! Loved every minute! Won't have to put up with too many scum fans over the summer now. Now just need Arsenal to win the title next year to make everything complete.

gr000000vy

I scored against Derby
Reaction score
This loss is squarely on Sir Alex

For some reason as soon as I heard that Park was “promised” a spot in the starting 11 I had a bad feeling about this game. Yes it’s true Park deserved some credit for the way he played and helped us reach this point but picking a team based on loyalty is a sign of weakness. Sir Alex was out matched, out witted by a 38yo manager with a depleted squad.

The starting 11 VDS in Goal, O’Shea, Rio, Vidic and Evra in back ok no suprise there. MAYBE Rafeal in for O’Shea or Neville but O’Shea was the last of our problems on Wednesday.

Center Mids were Andseron, Carrick and Giggs.. This is where the mistakes are friggin OBVIOUS. Giggs and Anderson really? ok I get Fletcher was out with a Red and I’ll even allow Anderson to start but having a slow Giggs in to play Barcelona was a glaring mistake.

Out right Park and out Left Rooney and up top was Ronaldo. Mistake, Mistake, Mistake. Park was out of his league and we could not get the ball to Rooney enough for him to make an impact.

Ronaldo started the match as United lone forward before moving out to the wing, and the Portuguese ace felt ‘everything went wrong’.

"I cannot explain," he told RTP. "We, the players, were not well, the tactics were not good… everything went wrong.

My starting 11.

VDS
O’Shea-Rio-Vidic-Evra
Ronaldo-Carrick-Scholes-Rooney
Tevez-Berby

Sir Alex and the rest of the Manchester United Squad got too cocky and believed what everyone was saying about this great team and were badly humbled by a depleted Barca squad.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard