X-Men Origins: Wolverine

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
I thought the trailer was pretty blah. Seemed like we saw most of those scenes during the flashbacks in X2.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Trailer looks great IMO. Saw it at movies last night.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Gambit is all over that trailer. Seems like he will have a big role.

Kablansky

Veteran
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I'm curious about Weapon XI and what kind of powers he will have. I also wonder if they'll show Weapon IX who was Wolverine's brother

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
X-Men Origins: Wolverine

Release Date: May 1, 2009
Studio: 20th Century Fox
Director: Gavin Hood
Screenwriter: David Benioff, Skip Woods
Genre: Action, Thriller
MPAA Rating: N/A

Starring: Hugh Jackman, Liev Schreiber, Ryan Reynolds, Taylor Kitsch, Will.i.am, Danny Huston, Dominic Monaghan, Daniel Henney, Lynn Collins

Plot Summary: "X-Men Origins: Wolverine," the first chapter in the X-Men saga, unites Wolverine with several other legends of the X-Men universe, in an epic revolution that pits the mutants against powerful forces determined to eliminate them.

You must be registered for see images attach

Ryanwb

ASFN IDOL
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Crap! I told my boy if it came to Tempe I would take him... maybe he won't find out, he's 4

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
Any advanced screenings? I am looking for some early reviews. Plan on seeing it next week sometime.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
One of my good friends had a pass to the world premier tonight. He is unconcious though since he waited in line for it since 5 AM.

Mathew81

Whatever
Reaction score
One of my good friends had a pass to the world premier tonight. He is unconcious though since he waited in line for it since 5 AM.
3 of my co-workers went. They were in line since 3am, haven't slept all day and are now working on the 10pm to 8am shift. I'm going to have to keep on them because there's no way I'm doing all their work for them.

O

LD @ F.O.H.
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Why in the world would any one put their selves through that?

vince56

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I just saw the weirdest interview on TV. Matt Leinart and Joe Arapaio talking together about Wolverine on channel 10.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This movie was a lot of fun. I enjoyed it!

SuperSpck

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
As an action flick? Fun.
As a comic flick? Solid.

BUT...

As a Deadpool fan? Frickin' ticked.
Look, I've got no problem with them trying to get an "amped up" type villain for the movie, and the 'pool of genes' Stryker referenced makes sense.
And as a comic fan, I'm willing to expect some things. A guy can disappear and reappear at will. Another guy has metal claws, a third may shoot beams from his eyes. But you can't combine all three on the same dude.

The 'pool' would worked if 1) You let him start with his cancer. The best villians are sympathetic ones AND Deadpool gets to make a Lance Armstrong joke. 2) You start with Wolverine's healing factor so Deadpool can take the process, even if it leaves him all messed up. 3) Give him Agent Zero's reflex, Will.I.Am's teleport (whatever the hell that guy's name is), and let him keep his swords outside his body.
No Cyclops powers, that felt forced and pointless. In fact, take him out of the whole damn movie and no one really notices.
4) IF HE GETS DECAPITATED HE STAYS FRICKIN DEAD DAMMIT.

Also, anyone noice there's a parallel to monster-myths? The only way to stop a werewolf is a silver bullet. The only way to stop a fuzzy Wolverine is an adamantium one. A good way to kill a Vampire is to cut off the head and stuff garlic in its mouth. Apparently Deadpool got the garlic out.

Oh and talk about the potential for a scene? After Logan makes the comment about Stryker finally finding a way to shut Wade up, a wonderful thing to do would have been to have Wade cut the scar tissue around his mouth. It would have been gruesome, added a level of danger and insanity to the character and given the opportunity for another joke. All good Deadpool essence stuff.

OK, rant over.

sundevilscott

Kaycee's Daddy
Reaction score
As an action flick? Fun.
As a comic flick? Solid.

BUT...

As a Deadpool fan? Frickin' ticked.
Look, I've got no problem with them trying to get an "amped up" type villain for the movie, and the 'pool of genes' Stryker referenced makes sense.
And as a comic fan, I'm willing to expect some things. A guy can disappear and reappear at will. Another guy has metal claws, a third may shoot beams from his eyes. But you can't combine all three on the same dude.

The 'pool' would worked if 1) You let him start with his cancer. The best villians are sympathetic ones AND Deadpool gets to make a Lance Armstrong joke. 2) You start with Wolverine's healing factor so Deadpool can take the process, even if it leaves him all messed up. 3) Give him Agent Zero's reflex, Will.I.Am's teleport (whatever the hell that guy's name is), and let him keep his swords outside his body.
No Cyclops powers, that felt forced and pointless. In fact, take him out of the whole damn movie and no one really notices.
4) IF HE GETS DECAPITATED HE STAYS FRICKIN DEAD DAMMIT.

Also, anyone noice there's a parallel to monster-myths? The only way to stop a werewolf is a silver bullet. The only way to stop a fuzzy Wolverine is an adamantium one. A good way to kill a Vampire is to cut off the head and stuff garlic in its mouth. Apparently Deadpool got the garlic out.

Oh and talk about the potential for a scene? After Logan makes the comment about Stryker finally finding a way to shut Wade up, a wonderful thing to do would have been to have Wade cut the scar tissue around his mouth. It would have been gruesome, added a level of danger and insanity to the character and given the opportunity for another joke. All good Deadpool essence stuff.

OK, rant over.

That is the exact problem I had with the movie. I compare the DeadPool character to Darth Maul. A great idea but horribly used.