X-Men (FOX)

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
FOX is Bringing X-Men to Television with the Producers of 24

http://www.comingsoon.net/tv/news/4...-x-men-to-television-with-the-producers-of-24

Back in October, a rumor popped up that FOX was looking to bring the X-Men to television in some form, and now TV Insider brings word that the network is in fact working to bring them to the small screen, pending the approval of Marvel Entertainment.

“It’s in negotiations,” Fox entertainment chairmen Gary Newman said. “We’re cautiously optimistic, we had a good meeting with them. That will not be on a fast track creatively. This is just the deal, now we have to find the creative.”

Newman went on to reveal he didn’t think the series would be ready to air before the 2016-2017 TV season.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
FOX is Bringing X-Men to Television with the Producers of 24

http://www.comingsoon.net/tv/news/4...-x-men-to-television-with-the-producers-of-24

Back in October, a rumor popped up that FOX was looking to bring the X-Men to television in some form, and now TV Insider brings word that the network is in fact working to bring them to the small screen, pending the approval of Marvel Entertainment.

“It’s in negotiations,” Fox entertainment chairmen Gary Newman said. “We’re cautiously optimistic, we had a good meeting with them. That will not be on a fast track creatively. This is just the deal, now we have to find the creative.”

Newman went on to reveal he didn’t think the series would be ready to air before the 2016-2017 TV season.

Why would Disney/Marvel do this considering the rumor they want the rights back? This would only give FOX more ammo to hold on to the property.

If I was Marvel I would not be very happy about this and use the show as leverage to buy back the rights. You can make your TV show but we want to buy back the franchise rights. Also, they should demand they do nothing that stomps on the films or goes into other Marvel territory.

I guess the saving grace is it's on FOX. Nothing FX heavy and expensive typically lasts there.

slinslin

Welcome to Amareca
Reaction score
TV and Internet > Cinema

A high quality X-Men series is going to be so much better than a 90 minute movie.

Last edited:

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
TV and Internet > Cinema

I completely agree with this... but only because TV and Internet has so much more original content then theatrical release where Comic Book stuff is becoming almost anything that comes out in the theaters.

It would be a shame for TV to become the same way, but it'll likely go in that direction.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
TV and Internet > Cinema

A high quality X-Men series is going to be so much better than a 90 minute movie.

That a generic statement. Because there are many aspects of of movie theater that are vastly superior. For example, there is nothing....and I mean nothing like seeing the Star Wars crawl on the big screen. There is nothing like the sound you get in a theater.

Sure, TV is better for a massive story arc and if you want to tell a huge number of stories. They both have their strengths but there is nothing like a great movie experience.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard