Boba Fett: A Star Wars Story - confirmed

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
'Star Wars': Boba Fett Movie in the Works With James Mangold

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/h...vie-is-happening-james-mangold-direct-1113273

The hunt is on.

James Mangold is writing and will direct a Star Wars stand-alone movie centered on Boba Fett, the feared bounty hunter and fan-favorite character, The Hollywood Reporter has exclusively learned.

The reveal comes as Disney and Disney-owned Lucasfilm prepare for the release of the latest Star Wars stand-alone film, Solo: A Star Wars Story. Solo, which opens Friday, is the second movie to be spun from the main Star Wars line — Rogue One: A Star Wars Story was the first — but it is the first to focus on a particular character.

Lucasfilm is developing movies on a slew of characters including Obi-Wan Kenobi, which has Stephen Daldry in negotiations to direct, although no writers are working on a script.

It was rumored that Simon Kinberg, the writer-producer behind the X-Men franchise and films such as The Martian, was working on a Boba Fett movie. While Lucasfilm and Disney won’t make any official confirmation, sources say that Mangold will co-write the script with Kinberg, who will also produce the Boba Fett project. Kinberg and Mangold are close, having worked on Logan, the X-Men spinoff that earned high praise last year.

Boba Fett was introduced in 1980’s Empire Strikes Back and then appeared in 1983’s Return of the Jedi as the mercenary who brings Han Solo to the slug-like crime lord Jabba the Hutt. Despite having a helmet over his face and very limited time onscreen (not to mention a slapstick death), the character, with his jet pack and battle-scarred armor, grew to cult status.

:jedi:

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Good luck on this one. I guess the advantage is that they can do almost anything since the reality is that Fett is such a blah character.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Who the hell cares about this guy? And if he’s the lead are they going to humanize one the villains from the OT.

They better be careful oversaturating the Star Wars market. Actually I hope they do and fail so they can actually take the time to make these movies events again.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
Who the hell cares about this guy? And if he’s the lead are they going to humanize one the villains from the OT.

They better be careful oversaturating the Star Wars market. Actually I hope they do and fail so they can actually take the time to make these movies events again.

Boba Fett has always been pretty huge among Star Wars junkies. I would go see that movie. we all know he is a clone just like the storm troopers... but he is a bounty hunter,...so a few adventures showing how he became the most feared bounty hunter in the galaxy would be cool to see.

even Han Solo was afraid of Boba Fett

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Boba Fett has always been pretty huge among Star Wars junkies. I would go see that movie. we all know he is a clone just like the storm troopers... but he is a bounty hunter,...so a few adventures showing how he became the most feared bounty hunter in the galaxy would be cool to see.

No, Boba Fett is the OG, the one the clones ripped off. I think? Those crappy prequels are (thankfully) quite hazy now.

WaywardFan

Waywardier than before
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Boba Fett is a clone of Jango Fett, who took him as his son. He was genetically engineered differently from the clones in the clone army to grow normally. Stout's right, the clones were grown from Jango's DNA.

I have no desire to watch a Boba Fett movie. Extremely overhyped in my opinion. And I'm one who got his figure as a kid by mailing in 5 UPC codes and waiting 6 months, before it was ever on sale.

crisper57

Open the Roof!
Reaction score
I wouldn’t mind exploring Star Wars bounty hunter stories. The anthology EU book was entertaining.

Since he is a clone, is the lead actor already cast? This isn’t like Solo. We know what he looks like in his prime.

Last edited:

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Solo just bombed around the world with a HUGE budget.

Disney has to start making smaller budget films for their non trilogy movies if they want to be successful.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
No, Boba Fett is the OG, the one the clones ripped off. I think? Those crappy prequels are (thankfully) quite hazy now.

no.... Jenga Fett is the original... he allowed them to use him for cloning on the condition that he be given a clone to raise as a son,...Boba

puckhead

Waxing Gibbous
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Many stormtroopers are normal-born humans.

puckhead

Waxing Gibbous
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Boba Fett is a clone of Jango Fett, who took him as his son. He was genetically engineered differently from the clones in the clone army to grow normally. Stout's right, the clones were grown from Jango's DNA.

I have no desire to watch a Boba Fett movie. Extremely overhyped in my opinion. And I'm one who got his figure as a kid by mailing in 5 UPC codes and waiting 6 months, before it was ever on sale.

And then the promised rocket-firing jet pack was total BS. I tried for weeks to figure out why it didn't fire. I'm still pissed. :madarms:

Come to find out they had to glue in the rockets last minute because some toddler choked on a Battlestar Galactica toy's little missile.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
Many stormtroopers are normal-born humans.
not the original storm troopers. they were all clones

I'm sure you remember the famous line..."aren't you a little short for a storm trooper"...asked because,....ST's were clones and all exactly the same..thus Leia knew right away Luke was not a storm trooper

Last edited:

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score

I'm sure you remember the famous line..."aren't you a little short for a storm trooper"...asked because,....ST's were clones and all exactly the same..thus Leia knew right away Luke was not a storm trooper
LOL

Not sure that was actually the intent of the line originally...

puckhead

Waxing Gibbous
Supporting Member
Reaction score

In the aftermath of the Clone Wars, the clone troopers who served the Galactic Republic became the first stormtroopers, tasked with suppressing rebellious worlds and enforcing the new Emperor's will across the galaxy. Over time the clones were retired from Imperial service, leaving the stormtrooper ranks open to birth-born humanrecruits.

With the development of the new Imperial war machine,[8] the clone trooper armor was upgraded.[1] Additionally, the new Emperor ordered the extermination of the Jedi Order, the members of which had served as officers in the Grand Army of the Republic during the Clone Wars.[7] Within the new regime, the clone troopers—now known as stormtroopers—were placed under the guidance of Imperial officers and governors instead of Clone commanders or officers.[1]

Following the transition, stormtroopers were used to bring any remaining Separatist worlds into line.[9] As the clones' accelerated aging process began causing their physical skills and abilities to deteriorate, they were replaced by non-clone volunteers and conscripts.[10]

Unlike their predecessors, the majority of stormtroopers were non-clone recruits. Imperial cadets were shipped off to Imperial Academies, and subjected to rigorous training programs in order to produce highly trained shock troopers fiercely loyal to the Empire.[22]

Although they were a rare sight, women were not prohibited from serving in the ranks of the stormtroopers.[23] During training, female cadets were placed in all-female units.

George Lucas, when composing background information for licensees in 1977, stated that females did exist in the Stormtrooper Corps, although there were few stationed on the Death Star. He suggested that they were numerous in other units.[48]

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Stormtrooper

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am too, I just don't think Boba Fett is a good character.

Why not? Fan favorite. Plenty of mystery and room for back story. How did he become one of the most feared bounty hunters in the galaxy?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard