Boba Fett: A Star Wars Story - confirmed

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
I'd rather have the Obi-Wan movie next. At least he's established and we have the actor that can play him right now.

but,.... whats it gonna be?? Obi wan lives in a desert cave and watches as young look grows to be a smartass??

we already know the obi wan story...it was covered in those nasty prequels...

I guess they could do something like..."The Jedi Academy" and have the very young obi wan along with other baby jedi, out getting themselves into trouble..

ya know,...with a bit of thought and negotiation,... they could meld the star wars universe with Harry Potter and they could make that work

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
but,.... whats it gonna be?? Obi wan lives in a desert cave and watches as young look grows to be a smartass??

we already know the obi wan story...it was covered in those nasty prequels...

I guess they could do something like..."The Jedi Academy" and have the very young obi wan along with other baby jedi, out getting themselves into trouble..

ya know,...with a bit of thought and negotiation,... they could meld the star wars universe with Harry Potter and they could make that work

You honestly think Obi just sat and grew old all these years? Yeah...no. He probably did help the rebellion or work on things on the side. Plus allegedly he could commute with Qui-Gon and Yoda.

Pretty sure they didn't sit around the moisture evaporator telling Force Ghost stories.

Would LOVE LOVE LOVE to see more Obi Wan stories. Give me that and this movie and I would be thrilled!

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
You honestly think Obi just sat and grew old all these years? Yeah...no. He probably did help the rebellion or work on things on the side. Plus allegedly he could commute with Qui-Gon and Yoda.

Pretty sure they didn't sit around the moisture evaporator telling Force Ghost stories.

Would LOVE LOVE LOVE to see more Obi Wan stories. Give me that and this movie and I would be thrilled!

they mentioned in the original he had disappeared many years ago ... a Leia didnt know him, he was just known to her through her father

Jedi are patient, and considering he probably had hope that Luke could be the Jedi he was hoping anakin was becoming... he may well have sat in that desert for twenty years to keep luke safe.

but either way,... I am as much a star wars junkie as the next guy,...more obi wan movies would be cool

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
they mentioned in the original he had disappeared many years ago ... a Leia didnt know him, he was just known to her through her father

Jedi are patient, and considering he probably had hope that Luke could be the Jedi he was hoping anakin was becoming... he may well have sat in that desert for twenty years to keep luke safe.

but either way,... I am as much a star wars junkie as the next guy,...more obi wan movies would be cool

They have already floated the idea that Jedi has a hand (even in the background) at forming the Rebellion. So, somebody as important as Obi Wan (and known to the Rebellion - see Rogue One) probably means he was active during that time.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
They have already floated the idea that Jedi has a hand (even in the background) at forming the Rebellion. So, somebody as important as Obi Wan (and known to the Rebellion - see Rogue One) probably means he was active during that time.

well, we know he was known to the rebellion because the entire Star Wars trilogy started with Leia trying to get him an urgent message.

I'd definitely be more excited about an Obi Wan prequel. McGregor played him perfectly in the the prequels and there's stuff to do like you said, helping building the rebellion... even stuff with Darth Maul and maybe even Vader, who's still hunting him down after all these years and just missing him.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I still think a planet of the Apes-esque Chewbacca movie where they fight off the empire would have been better than any of these ideas.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I still think a planet of the Apes-esque Chewbacca movie where they fight off the empire would have been better than any of these ideas.

I think BF and Obi will draw big. My general impression about this one when it was announced was people really didn’t want this movie.

Having said that would have loved a movie about Wookiee’s who fight, lose and are eventually sold into slavery across the galaxy.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
While I’d love to see a Wookie movie i believe it would have to be a HUGE departure from what Star Wars has done to date. I don’t think there have ever been subtitles in any of the Star Wars movies (and certainly not for chewy - someone was always there to translate). And if 50+% of the screen time and the primary protagonists would be non English speakers how do you not have subtitles? But subtitles would take away from the effect of the movie.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
While I’d love to see a Wookie movie i believe it would have to be a HUGE departure from what Star Wars has done to date. I don’t think there have ever been subtitles in any of the Star Wars movies (and certainly not for chewy - someone was always there to translate). And if 50+% of the screen time and the primary protagonists would be non English speakers how do you not have subtitles? But subtitles would take away from the effect of the movie.
Disagree 100%. That’s usually an argument people use to cut down foreign films.

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score

I think there were subtitles in Solo. When Solo first meets Chewie in the cage where he was locked up.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

To be fair... I don't think Disney is looking to get foreign film grosses from a Star Wars movie.

That said, you could easily add a human character into the mix with the Wookies fighting with them, while the villains would all be speaking the entire movie.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
To be fair... I don't think Disney is looking to get foreign film grosses from a Star Wars movie.

That said, you could easily add a human character into the mix with the Wookies fighting with them, while the villains would all be speaking the entire movie.
No, you're right, I just don't like the reasoning that the movie isn't worth making or watching simply because it would require subtitles.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
But they’ve never subtitled chewy, so it would be a big change to all of a sudden understand him.

I am not arguing against subtitles in general. They don’t bother me. Just in a scenario where it all of a sudden changes your relationship with a “well known” character.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
No, you're right, I just don't like the reasoning that the movie isn't worth making or watching simply because it would require subtitles.
Did i day the movie wouldn’t be worth making or watching? I said subtitles would take away from the movie. And not because they are subtitles but because it changes our relationship with chewy.

And why do people feel a need to put words in others mouths?!? I said it would take away from the movie, not that it shouldn’t be made or watched. I swear I am seeing this tactic in arguments more and more lately. It’s really a disingenuous way to debate and detracts from the actual topic being discussed.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I think there were subtitles in Solo. When Solo first meets Chewie in the cage where he was locked up.
Now that I think about it, did Greedo have subtitles? And Jabba DID have subtitles. So why never subtitles for chewy? Hmm that only further cements my desire not to have subtitles for him.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
Now that I think about it, did Greedo have subtitles? And Jabba DID have subtitles. So why never subtitles for chewy? Hmm that only further cements my desire not to have subtitles for him.
because we all knew what chewie was saying anyway?? Just like R2,...their words were clear due to the context of the conversation

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard