WR2, who do you want?

Dan H

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
FA’s: Chris Godwin, Mike Williams, Allen Robinson, Ju-Ju, DJ Chark, ???

Trade targets: ???

Draft: I have no clue

Injured guys like Gallup and OBJ I wouldn’t consider, personally, but perhaps you have a different argument.

As for me, I would ecstatic with Godwin or Williams across from Hop.

JohnnyCakes

Miserables
Reaction score
FA’s: Chris Godwin, Mike Williams, Allen Robinson, Ju-Ju, DJ Chark, ???

Trade targets: ???

Draft: I have no clue

Injured guys like Gallup and OBJ I wouldn’t consider, personally, but perhaps you have a different argument.

As for me, I would ecstatic with Godwin or Williams across from Hop.
if A-Rob could be had on a 1 yr prove it deal that would be great. He numbers in chicago due to the lackluster qb play and injuries really impact his ability to truly cash in on one more big deal

cardpa

Have a Nice Day!
Reaction score
Godwin is more like a 1A instead of a #2. I'm sure he could be #1 on half the teams or more right now. Actually I think Zach Pascal would be a great addition without breaking the bank. I think he would more than replace Kirk as #2. Only half as many drops as Kirk in the same number of seasons.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
if A-Rob could be had on a 1 yr prove it deal that would be great. He numbers in chicago due to the lackluster qb play and injuries really impact his ability to truly cash in on one more big deal
He was actually pretty healthy in Chicago (missed 5 games this year), playing in 57 of 65 games over 4 years...2 years all 16 games. Definitely had some garbage QB play. He's averaged 12.9 yards/reception over his career.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Didn’t you bag on Keim on the regular for relying on Oft injured players?
For overpaying for oft-injured players. I'd rather sign three guys with a 40% chance of working out than spend the same amount of money on one guy with an 80% chance of working out. Upside is worth it to me.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
not AJ green, that is for sure.
I think we forget how everyone on this team was gelling and then everyone on this team seemed to fall apart aside from Conner who also was injured. If we want to be honest, without AJ Green this team probably would have lost about 5 more games this year. Would I offer him the money we paid him this season? Probably not, but truthfully I still like him more than mediocre Kirk. You are right to say Green is not the #2 solution but I still want him back... Allen Robinson or Will Fuller seem to fit the bill, we need someone who can at least pose as a number 1 if D-hop has to miss some time again

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
Free Agency:

tier 1: Allen Robinson, Bears.

tier 2: Fuller, Dolphins
Mike Williams , Chargers

tier 3: Cedric Wilson, Cowboys
Rashard Higgins, Browns

tier 4: Keeland Cole, Jets

im looking for guys who are at least 6 foot and can play outside.

Robinson fits that big WR who will fight and win for every 50/50 ball thrown to him in a way that AJ Green did about 75% of the time (and seemingly stopped after week 12 or so)

DaHilg

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Godwin is more like a 1A instead of a #2. I'm sure he could be #1 on half the teams or more right now. Actually I think Zach Pascal would be a great addition without breaking the bank. I think he would more than replace Kirk as #2. Only half as many drops as Kirk in the same number of seasons.
I’m a fan of Pascal… but he’s def suited for a 3/4 role, which would be a excellent replacement for Kirk. Kirk is no #2 he proved that in 2020 and was a volume based #3 stat wise

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think we forget how everyone on this team was gelling and then everyone on this team seemed to fall apart aside from Conner who also was injured. If we want to be honest, without AJ Green this team probably would have lost about 5 more games this year. Would I offer him the money we paid him this season? Probably not, but truthfully I still like him more than mediocre Kirk. You are right to say Green is not the #2 solution but I still want him back... Allen Robinson or Will Fuller seem to fit the bill, we need someone who can at least pose as a number 1 if D-hop has to miss some time again
The team broke when Hop went down. I was never impressed by Green.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I do like Fuller and the injury this year was a finger not a leg so not a career threatening thing. he played with D Hop before, he's a big deep threat and Kyler loves the deep balls so that makes sense. There's some claim that he "shattered" the finger and it's a pretty serious one that's why he missed the season. He also missed a game for a PED suspension which has people wondering if that's why he never plays a full season.

he's intriguing for a 1 year deal because he may not get a big deal with all the recent history. We do need a big play guy downfield he's definitely that, but as always "if healthy" which he seems to struggle with.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I do like Fuller and the injury this year was a finger not a leg so not a career threatening thing. he played with D Hop before, he's a big deep threat and Kyler loves the deep balls so that makes sense. There's some claim that he "shattered" the finger and it's a pretty serious one that's why he missed the season. He also missed a game for a PED suspension which has people wondering if that's why he never plays a full season.

he's intriguing for a 1 year deal because he may not get a big deal with all the recent history. We do need a big play guy downfield he's definitely that, but as always "if healthy" which he seems to struggle with.
That’s it if Russ wants a WR stay the hell away :)

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’d let Kirk walk with the price that’s been estimated. I also hope Green has already moved out of Arizona.
With our cap space I doubt Godwin, Williams, Thomas and Robinson is realistic.
I’ve been calling for Cedric Wilson. In addition I would consider Chark or Fuller on prove it deals but that would be in addition to Wilson.

Reactions: PJ1

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Draft.

I want someone young good and cheap.

We don't have the cap space to spend on any of those guys, and none of them are going to be worth the money IMO.