WR2, who do you want?

GoldGloveschmidt

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Mike Williams would be the ideal guy for Kyler, who likes big targets, go routes, and 50/50 balls. However with the cap space already devoted to the WR spot I can't see that happening. We will likely need to draft a big outside WR. Treylon Burks in round 1, George Pickens in round 2, or Alec Pierce in round 3 (love this kid).

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think we forget how everyone on this team was gelling and then everyone on this team seemed to fall apart aside from Conner who also was injured. If we want to be honest, without AJ Green this team probably would have lost about 5 more games this year. Would I offer him the money we paid him this season? Probably not, but truthfully I still like him more than mediocre Kirk. You are right to say Green is not the #2 solution but I still want him back... Allen Robinson or Will Fuller seem to fit the bill, we need someone who can at least pose as a number 1 if D-hop has to miss some time again
That is one of the most outlandish things I have read on this board in a long time.

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Draft.

I want someone young good and cheap.

We don't have the cap space to spend on any of those guys, and none of them are going to be worth the money IMO.
I think the reality is we're going to add someone coming off an injury or has injury concerns. Works within our budget and we'll hope like hell they stay healthy.

OBJ, Gallup, Jameson Williams, John Metchie, etc.

One of those guys will be a Cardinal. Prepare yourself.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
That is one of the most outlandish things I have read on this board in a long time.
Sorry dcr, but I am not that far off. After that Packer miscue, this whole forum made like he was the second coming of Skillet Hands Johnson and seem to have selective amnesia. Yeah, he and everyone on the team started to deconstruct but even when this team was slumping into crap, the Cardinals probably do not beat the Cowboys without AJ Green... I can remember the chunk plays and key first downs which had nothing to do with Kirk in more than a few games

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
The team broke when Hop went down. I was never impressed by Green.
If Green would just run his route, then turn & use his body to shield his defender he'd make the catch almost every single time. He caught several passes like that this year. We need an upgrade on the outside with height & speed that's younger so I highly doubt he will be back.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I think the reality is we're going to add someone coming off an injury or has injury concerns. Works within our budget and we'll hope like hell they stay healthy.

OBJ, Gallup, Jameson Williams, John Metchie, etc.

One of those guys will be a Cardinal. Prepare yourself.
It’ll be Olave.

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
not AJ green, that is for sure.
Yea can cards get a young num 2 wr please with some hope tired of 1 yr prove it guys.... they dont w sbowls

I still have faith moore can develop into a decent 2 or 3rd wr at worst least hop moore better than good ol andy lol

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Not as hyped as I would have been 3 years ago. However, if we go Oline/Dline in the 1st round I wouldnt hate it either. Keim drafting a wr after the 1st round has a greater chance of being Isabella or Chad Williams than another Kirk.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The best fit is Mike Williams, but I don't think we can afford him.

The value option for me is Sammy Watkins. The guy is an injury waiting to happen. He always misses 2-3 games a season.

But he would likely cost sub $5m. He's highly experienced. Has the ability to get 1000+ yards and I think he would do well in this offense.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
No big bodied & slow WRs that rely on contested catches.

No thanks to Mike Williams, Allen Robinson, etc. Especially when Hop is getting slower & our TEs are already slow.

We need someone like a Chris Olave that is silky & smooth & can cut up on a dime really quick to get open.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The best fit is Mike Williams, but I don't think we can afford him.

The value option for me is Sammy Watkins. The guy is an injury waiting to happen. He always misses 2-3 games a season.

But he would likely cost sub $5m. He's highly experienced. Has the ability to get 1000+ yards and I think he would do well in this offense.

I kind of expect the Chargers to keep Williams they have to commit to keeping weapons around herbert. Williams and D Hop played at Clemson but not at the same time. D HOp's last year 2012, Williams first year 2013. So they probably know each other but not sure if that helps he's not going to take less money to play with D Hop so I agree we probably can't afford him but he would be good.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Not as hyped as I would have been 3 years ago. However, if we go Oline/Dline in the 1st round I wouldnt hate it either. Keim drafting a wr after the 1st round has a greater chance of being Isabella or Chad Williams than another Kirk.

If we're going to reunite him probably Lamb makes more sense but doubt Dallas is looking to move him. If we lose Kirk then Brown makes sense, replace a guy Kyler loves with a guy Kyler loves.

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
If we're going to reunite him probably Lamb makes more sense but doubt Dallas is looking to move him. If we lose Kirk then Brown makes sense, replace a guy Kyler loves with a guy Kyler loves.
It'll cost too much to get Lamb. Not that Lamb is Jefferson or Kupp, but because of how much Dallas values him. If Cooper didnt have the vax issues last season then maybe.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sorry dcr, but I am not that far off. After that Packer miscue, this whole forum made like he was the second coming of Skillet Hands Johnson and seem to have selective amnesia. Yeah, he and everyone on the team started to deconstruct but even when this team was slumping into crap, the Cardinals probably do not beat the Cowboys without AJ Green... I can remember the chunk plays and key first downs which had nothing to do with Kirk in more than a few games
Except that you are. No player outside of QB (and sometimes not even QB) is responsible for FIVE wins per year. To say that a WR2 was worth 5 wins this year is completely absurd. I could give you one, or even two wins. Five is just silly.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Except that you are. No player outside of QB (and sometimes not even QB) is responsible for FIVE wins per year. To say that a WR2 was worth 5 wins this year is completely absurd. I could give you one, or even two wins. Five is just silly.
Particularly AJ Green this year. I’d give him one and I think that’s being generous bc the assumption is that we wouldn’t have signed anyone else instead of him which is probably a fallacy.

gimpy

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
How many games did Gonzales, our kicker, win or lose for us on the last possession or two, a couple of years ago? Maybe 5? I don't know, just asking.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
How many games did Gonzales, our kicker, win or lose for us on the last possession or two, a couple of years ago? Maybe 5? I don't know, just asking.

Lost with last second or late 4th quarter kicks?

Two. Miami and Patriots in his 2nd season.

He also won two. Bengals in his 1st season and Seahawks in this 2nd.

It's overblown as an excuse for Kliff/Kyler. Granted those 2 would have put us in the playoffs but so would 100 other things that went wrong down the stretch.