WR wishes

Discussion in 'Arizona Cardinals' started by Cardsfaninlouky, Mar 8, 2019.

1. Cardsfaninlouky

Cardsfaninlouky Registered

First of all, no Antonio brown, he may very well be the best WR in the NFL but the steelers are asking too much & he wants too much money or his contract is too large, Plus he's a cancer in the locker room. I think Golden Gate would be an excellent pickup. Free agent WR's, I haven't done any research. As far as the draft, I'm not real familiar with alot of them besides maybe a handful. Metcalf from ole miss will be gone when we make our 2nd pick. The more I see of NKH at Arizona st the more I like him. Hollywood brown from Oklahoma is small, coming back from an injury also but he played in the "air raid" so he may be a good pick. I watched the video of Bryant Mitchell, the CFL WR we signed also, he has damn good hands it seems & makes excellent adjustments catching balls thrown behind him. Can really get up in the air & catch passes at it's highest point too. Definitely have 2-3 WR's on the team right now. First 2 are obvious & I'm counting sherfield as the 3rd. Chad Williams is still in the project stage & J.J nelson is an UFA & probably won't be back.

2. juza76

juza76 Registered

I wont overpay any receivers in free agency is a deep wr class
    Trading down and get another 1st rounder

1a)Montez sweat edge rusher
    1b)Nkeal harry wr
    2) Caleb McGary ot
    3) Dalton Risner og
    4) Germaine Pratt ilb
    5) Antoine Wesley wr
    6) Caleb Wilson te
    6b) Corey Ballentine cb
    7rounders everybody available

Cardsfaninlouky likes this.
  3. Cardsfaninlouky

Only sweat & NKH on that list I'm familiar with, the cardinals could very well draft a few of those guys. Sweat will be gone when we make our 2nd pick, unless we make a crazy trade?

4. juza76

juza76 Registered

Montez is a top 10 pick or better
    Production and crazy numbers at combine
    6'6 260lb 4.41 forty yard dash 1.55 ten yards split

5. Cardsfaninlouky

I watched all his combine stuff, his 40 time was insane, considering his size.

6. overseascardfan

overseascardfan Registered User

This is actually a pretty good draft, fills a lot of holes.

7. Brak

Brak Registered

If JJ Arcega-Whiteside slips into the 2nd, I'd be on him like an Ethiopian on a Happy Meal©. The dude is huge, has incredible hands, and boxes out and makes the contested catch better than anybody coming out this year. He doesn't have blazing foot speed (didn't run at the combine but will at an upcoming pro day) but gets separation. Jerry Rice slipped to the middle of the first round because he was slow at the combine, but his "football speed" was an entirely different matter. JJ is the same type of receiver. Watch his highlight reels and you'll see a LOT of Larry Fitz in his game. Would love to have this dude if he's available at the right spot.

8. AZCrazy

AZCrazy Registered

Came here to say the same thing. JJ is a second day target for me. He's a Fitz comp. As to whether greatness lies within, that's up to him as time progresses.

9. Zeno

Zeno Ancient

Most draft rankings or mocks have Arcega-Whiteside as a second or third round pick so he definitely should be there at 33, might even be there at the top of round 3.

10. Jetstream Green

Jetstream Green Registered User

I like the way Lil'Jordan Humphrey attacks the ball in the air and has great hands, considering him even in the third or proceeding rounds

11. Zeno

Zeno Ancient

He had such a bad combine, on top of the fact he NFL advised him to return to school for another year he has dropped like a rock. Likely a late round pick for sure.

12. az jam

az jam Registered User

He posted a 4.75 40 at the Combine. The slowest of all the receivers there.

13. slanidrac16

slanidrac16 Registered User Contributor

I like Debbo, Harry, and Issabella ( later in the draft). In free agency we need an outside wr. Any here in my list would have to be at a very reasonable price. Tate has been mentioned but I see him more of a slot. Moncrief would fit a need. He’s young enough , big enough, and fast enough and was stuck on the jaguars and a Luckless Colts offense. Crabtree is another guy I would like to consider. Experience with a bit of an attitude but maybe only for a 1 year deal. Tyrell Williams will be asking way to much money.

14. Jetstream Green

Jetstream Green Registered User

Great, then we can get him late. Screw this combine fascination, watch his tape and he gets open and very dependable when the ball is in the air and if you hold combine numbers as sacred... I guess there must be a lot of cornerbacks in college running a 4.8 forty because some could not catch him :)

Cardsfaninlouky and wkycardsfan like this.
  15. Krangthebrain

Krangthebrain Captain of Team Murray

1. Deebo! I think he will be a multi-faceted weapon in the NFL. Built like a RB but plays like a receiver. Throw him on an occasional jet sweep. I think Deebo and Kirk will be a tandem to reckon with

2. Harry. I'm in the camp that thinks that Harry can be at least a really good #2 receiver. He needs to improve his route running, but his high point ability is reminiscent of vintage Larry Fitzgerald.

3. Metcalf. He comes in third for me because he is a size speed freak, but he ran a really limited route tree and IMO is more boom bust

4. Hollywood Brown. FAST. SMALL. I wouldn't take him high, but I can't discount the Desean Jackson comp.

I don't want to see another slot guy; the Cardinals have two, but now need two outside receivers.