Wow...The Village...

mdamien13

Go Cardinals! Yay!!!
Reaction score
There's a pretty scathing script review somewhere on the web (I remember reading it but I don't remember where). I'll put faith in M. Night though cause I've enjoyed all his movies so far.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ugh I hate script reviews. I still want to be suprised when I see a movie.

cardsunsfan

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I wouldn't say the movie was that bad but boy did they trick you in the trailer.. I think that's one of the reasons why people were so upset, they expected something totally different and groundbreaking...

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Wow, here's an old thread.

This movie was terrible, not just bad, but terrible. You know a movie is really bad when even I won't buy the DVD for it! ;)

OP
OP
Mike Olbinski

Mike Olbinski

Formerly Chandler Mike
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Chaplin said:

This movie was terrible, not just bad, but terrible. You know a movie is really bad when even I won't buy the DVD for it! ;)

:shock:

Mike

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Chaplin said:

:shock:

BIM

nathan

ASFN Lifer
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have the DVD...

...but only because I won it from the East Valley Tribune and have been too lazy to sell it (or watch it).

schutd

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I wouldnt call it terrible, but I would call it incredibly obvious. I never try and figure out the twist, I just let the movie come to me and enjoy, this one was so obvious from the beginning that I was disappointed that I actually called it.

I loved 6th Sense, thought Unbreakable was dorky as hell, liked Signs a lot and didnt care much for The Village. M Night is very spotty as a director in my book, very inconsistent.

arthurracoon

The Cardinal Smiles
Reaction score
So I guess half of his movies are busts. Well, cant wait for the next one in that case!!!

nathan

ASFN Lifer
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just finished watching it and thought it was okay, but nothing special. I didn't really mind the ending. The acting was absolutely atrocious (particularly in the first third of the movie).

nathan

ASFN Lifer
Supporting Member
Reaction score
jenna2891 said:
i watched the first 20 minutes of this movie and shut it off because i was bored. i rarely do that.
If I were watching an xvid version off the computer instead of the DVD, I probably would have turned it off too. That said, I still spent much of the first 3/4 of the movie surfing the internet. Bryce Dallas Howard is cute, but not cute enough to overcome her horrible acting. That last 1/4 was much better than the rest of the movie.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I didn't hate it. I didn't love it either. It was just something I did for a couple of hours one day. I'll most likely never watch it again, but I won't avoid it like the plague.

Jersey Girl

Stand down
Supporting Member
Reaction score
D-Dogg said:
I didn't hate it. I didn't love it either. It was just something I did for a couple of hours one day. I'll most likely never watch it again, but I won't avoid it like the plague.

Ditto. Liked it better than Unbreakable.

MigratingOsprey

Thank You Paul!
Reaction score
watched it on the plane last night - fairly predictable, but I enjoyed it - the beginning was tough to get through (but since I was on a plane it wasn't like I was walking out of the theater............) - but I think it was pretty good - my friends loved the movie - I wouldn't go that far ....... but it wasn't the worst thing i've watched.........

Jersey Girl

Stand down
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Chandler Mike said:
Unbreakable rocked compared to the Village I thought...

You're probably right. I think I'm biased because I let my 88-year-old grandmother borrow "Unbreakable" and I caught hell for it from my family. (Apparently the movie really disturbed her.)

Sometimes I suck.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard