Would you do this???

bg7brd

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I had a crazy thought. Assuming we draft Von Miller at 5, we could trade our 2nd & 3rd picks to move back in to the 1st round (Philly or New Orleans) and take Justin Houston. We could then move Schofield to SILB. That would be a nice set of young 3-4 linebackers. Miller - Washington - Schofield - Houston.

Maybe take QB McElroy in the 4th (also sign Bulger).

NashDishesDimes

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
That would be cool is guess. I would argue that the Cardinals are in a pretty good spot already however. i think that a good player will fall to the 5th pick in the 2nd round. Hopefully they go for the best player availible at that point because somebody with first round value should fall there..

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
I had a crazy thought. Assuming we draft Von Miller at 5, we could trade our 2nd & 3rd picks to move back in to the 1st round (Philly or New Orleans) and take Justin Houston. We could then move Schofield to SILB. That would be a nice set of young 3-4 linebackers. Miller - Washington - Schofield - Houston.

Schofield isn't SILB and never will be, so no, I wouldn't do that.

az jam

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I can see them moving up to sign a qb that might be available at the bottom of the first round. (Mallet, Locker, Ponder - if they are really high on any of these)

OP
OP
bg7brd

bg7brd

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Schofield isn't SILB and never will be, so no, I wouldn't do that.

I wasn't sure, but I thought I read somewhere that they tried him out at ILB during the east/west practices. I would definitely consider this if we drafted Peterson at 5.

DoTheDew

Registered
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure the SILB is supposed to be a thumper. A tackle machine. Not Schofield IMO. Would love to get Houston and Miller though.

crisper57

Open the Roof!
Reaction score
I kinda like the thought in getting those 2 guys together, but since we have so many needs, I would be wary of trading away any picks to move up.

clif

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
No. Not for a LB. You only do that for players how could be a starter for a decade.

Pariah

H.S.
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I think we could get a very good SILB at the top of the second if we want to go LB-LB. I'd rather have

Miller - Rook ILB - Washington - Schoefield

and keep all of our picks.

But I'm not opposed to going LB-LB...in fact, it might be the best thing to do as long as we come away with an OLB and ILB.

Snakester

Draft Man
Reaction score
I would be willing to trade up for a tackle. Be it Gabe Carimi, Sherrod or Castonzo. I think Houston will be there in the second round if we want him. I think he will be a DE only. After watching him at the combine I would not want him playing linebacker.