Of All the Questionable Keim Drafts, this Year's is the ....

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
it will be interesting to see how Hollywood turns out

DHop has a giant cap hit in 2023, and he will be coming off two seasons where he missed 6 games each, and he will be 31 heading into that year.

i view this as two years (maybe even 1) to see if Hollywood can be a no. 1 type WR. If so, i think he gets extended at this time next year, with Hop maybe on his way out at the same time

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
lol, asking for trouble for a 5’9 175-180lb dude to be a WR1 & that’s okay. I would have more faith of McBride being our best overall receiving option than that.

He was literally the Ravens WR1 just last year.

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
THIS

Drafts should be evaluated 2-3 years later. Nobody has even taken a snap yet at this point. Peter King wrote some dumba$$ article about the Jets "winning" the draft or some such BS. Yeah let's see how THAT one plays out!
It’s about fun, no sense delaying. We’re all just speculating.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I agree to an extent with @DVontel on this point. Ideally, Hollywood is a high end #2.

But who knows, maybe McBride ends up being a 1,000 yard receiver at TE and Hollywood becomes the guy to open up the underneath routes.

Should’ve been obvious to everyone, but I guess not.

Its not obvious is it. Tyreek Hill, Dontae Johnson, Tyler Lockett, Brandon Cooks are a similar size and WR1 on their teams.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So help me out here.

It appears the Cardinals knew Hopkins was going to be suspended therefore the trade for Brown. But the trade would not have happened if one of the top 3 Wr were still available when we picked.

Am I right so far? What would we have done if Hopkins WASN’T going to be suspended?

Would we still have made the trade?

az jam

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I like the trade for Brown especially since they also received a 3rd round pick with it. I do like the draft and am very surprised at the extreme criticism.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
So help me out here.

It appears the Cardinals knew Hopkins was going to be suspended therefore the trade for Brown. But the trade would not have happened if one of the top 3 Wr were still available when we picked.

Am I right so far? What would we have done if Hopkins WASN’T going to be suspended?

Kirk is gone, Green is on a 1 year cheap deal. Moore is a slot. They were going to draft or trade for a guy either way.

If one of the receivers they liked was still on the board they would have triggered the trade later or not at all if they lasted until #23. But it seems the only receivers they were interested in more than Brown were already gone by #13.

Last edited:

TRW

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
So help me out here.

We’ll never know because Hopkins WAS suspended, the WRs WERE off the board and the trade DID happen. The “what if’s” are irrelevant.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I think the trade was a good one period. Brown + Sanders was better value than drafting a player there.

The only other option for Keim was do a trade with the Vikings as the Lions did. But in that case your probably trading the 1st and a 3rd to move up for a player that may or may not be able to hack it in the NFL.

Jameson Williams was my WR1 but no WR in this draft is a sure thing.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
The only other option for Keim was do a trade with the Vikings as the Lions did. But in that case your probably trading the 1st and a 3rd to move up for a player that may or may not be able to hack it in the NFL.

Jameson Williams was my WR1 but no WR in this draft is a sure thing.
I don't think I make that trade because of his injury AND slight frame.

He's a nice prospect, but he only had one productive season playing with a team loaded with all star talent...and he was coming off an ACL tear. That's a move I make if I'm loaded with talent and I'm looking down the road, not the 2022 season.