WK 3-Arizona Cardinals @ Jacksonville Jaguars Pre Game Thread 9/20/21-9/25/21

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
They're Florida's third team. The Dolphins have been there forever and Tampa just won a Super Bowl and has been around for 40 years or so. Both those teams have deep roots.

Jacksonville is tucked way up in the corner of Florida and is closer to Georgia than it is Miami or Orlando. It's like if Riverside, CA got an NFL team.
I think most of Florida believes they should give Jax to Georgie and the panhandle to Alabama.

PACardsFan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Paul Calvisi "A lot of the coaches didnt like the week of practice for the Vikings game"

Also Budda Baker after the game told the team "We need a better Friday practice"

Hopefully this scare keeps these guys focused.
So much for the leadership on this team. If these guys can't be professionals after 1 stinking game, then I'm afraid we may see a repeat of last season down the stretch. I'll be pissed if we come out flat against Jax. I wish God had blessed me with size to be a professional athlete. I would rip the players not putting out in practice to shreds!!

wit3card

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I hope they come out and fire on all cylinder, stay healthy and are playing well on all 3 phases, not playing down and not allowing a rookie QB to shine.

I finally want a Cards D that gives a rookie QB something to think about.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Dogbe needs to take all of Zach’s snaps.

As much as Allen deserves all the roasting I'm going to defend him slightly as another one of Keim's folly's.

He was a 280lb 4-3 DE rusher in college that for some reason is now an interior DT most of the time. He was up to about 300lb last year. I think he's back down to 285ish now from what I heard in preseason about him leaning out a bit.

He's another case of messing guys around and playing them out of position. Although I don't think he was a good pick either way. He's too small for a space eating interior DT and he's too slow to be a pass rushing interior DE.

I don't understand why he's getting so many snaps. He's playing 61% which is 2nd only to JJ Watt. Corey Peters is 33%. As is Lawrence.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
As much as Allen deserves all the roasting I'm going to defend him slightly as another one of Keim's folly's.

He was a 280lb 4-3 DE rusher in college that for some reason is now an interior DT most of the time. He was up to about 300lb last year. I think he's back down to 285ish now from what I heard in preseason about him leaning out a bit.

He's another case of messing guys around and playing them out of position. Although I don't think he was a good pick either way. He's too small for a space eating interior DT and he's too slow to be a pass rushing interior DE.

I don't understand why he's getting so many snaps. He's playing 61% which is 2nd only to JJ Watt. Corey Peters is 33%. As is Lawrence.
Another instance of drafting a good player who is a questionable scheme fit.

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
watching some Jag coaches press stuff: it sure seems clear to me that their approach will be heavy zone, "make Kyler play the game from the pocket", eliminate big plays -- "make them go 10 plays to score and they make a mistake" -- "eleven sets of eyes on the Kyler"

Arz101

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Can Meyer take a leaf out of 2020 Rhule book and knock out Kliff 's momentum and Cardinals out of playoffs in 2021?

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can Meyer take a leaf out of 2020 Rhule book and knock out Kliff 's momentum and Cardinals out of playoffs in 2021?

Urban Meyer is the coach I hate the most. To crush and destroy his team Sunday would be immensely satisfying to me. Conversely, I will completely disgusted if we lose a game to that jerk.

Zalixar

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I don't care how much we win by, if the trade off is leaving Florida as injury free as possible.

That being said, if we don't win by at least double digits (save for some garbage time scoring), it will be a bit of a let down.