Wk 15 Arizona Cardinals off season news and stuff. 4/17/23-4/23/23

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I’m not sure a casual Arizona Cardinals fan will be able to name five players on the opening day roster.

Definitely if both Hop and Budda get shipped out and Kyler is on PUP.

They ain't really fans then if they can't name 5 players.

I mean Kyler, Conner, Ertz, Hump, Brown alone are no brainers. You could easily add Simmons, Wilson, Collins, Thompson and Rondale.

Anyone that can't instantly name those 10 ain't really Cardinals fans.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I find the "There's no star power" comment regarding the Uniform unveiling interesting.

Was there star power in the 2005 unveiling? There is NOW in retrospect, post long careers, but at the time not so much.

I believe it was Dockett, Fitz and Dansby coming off rookie seasons. Warner who was just cut by the Giants, went 2-8 in his first year and was benched for Leinart, and Adrian Wilson.

All those guys look great now for the careers they had following that launch but at the time not so much. Warner was considered a washed long shot. Wilson was a good player coming into his 5th year but didn't start getting Pro Bowls and All Pro's until after that launch. Dansby had a great rookie season but just the one at the time. Dockett was just a guy at that stage. And Fitz was coming off a rookie season where he only had 58 catches and 780 yards for a top 5 pick.

Nothing was screaming "All Star" uniform unveiling at the time.

There's no reason that guys like Kyler, Thompson, Collins, Simmons and Wilson can't go on to have similar post uniform unveiling careers and we look back at that lineup and 20 years and say "What a group".

It's funny looking back at the 2005 thread. There was no hand wringing about who was modelling them. No comments either way at all in fact. The biggest concern was getting pictures of them even post release. Seems weird now.

Last edited:

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Hey guys, we just don't realize it yet, but we're really chock full o' stars on this roster :lmao:

Stop being a fanny and replying without quoting.

If that's what you take from that then I'd work on your reading comprehension.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Stop being a fanny and replying without quoting.

If that's what you take from that then I'd work on your reading comprehension.
What I took from your post is the need to poo poo posters for poo pooing the team even in this thread. I have never seen such avid defense of the franchise from anyone.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
What I took from your post is the need to poo poo posters for poo pooing the team even in this thread. I have never seen such avid defense of the franchise from anyone.

How in any way did I "poo poo posters" by explaining that at the time the 5 guys that modelled the 2005 Uni's were not remotely considered the superstars they are today and there's no reason the 5 guys we roll out tomorrow, which are likely to be some combo of Wilson, Simmons, Collins, Thompson, Kyler and probably Hump, can't go on to have careers that we look back on in a similar way?

You're just descending into troll territory now. You feel some weird need to comment on nearly all my posts with weird strawman takes.

schutd

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Somebody on here, who partakes in the Devil's Lettuce should start a rival podcast: 2 Birds, 1 Stoner.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
Looks like the Cards Marketing/Design/social media team has been doing some moonlighting!

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
They ain't really fans then if they can't name 5 players.

I mean Kyler, Conner, Ertz, Hump, Brown alone are no brainers. You could easily add Simmons, Wilson, Collins, Thompson and Rondale.

Anyone that can't instantly name those 10 ain't really Cardinals fans.
I don’t know that many casual fans know who Conner or hump are. Conner is a nonflashy rb and casual fans rarely know the names of offensive linemen. Wilson, Thompson and Rondale are definite “no’s.” And Simmons and collins may only be known because they were first round selections, and I question how many casual fans even remember them.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
How in any way did I "poo poo posters" by explaining that at the time the 5 guys that modelled the 2005 Uni's were not remotely considered the superstars they are today and there's no reason the 5 guys we roll out tomorrow, which are likely to be some combo of Wilson, Simmons, Collins, Thompson, Kyler and probably Hump, can't go on to have careers that we look back on in a similar way?

You're just descending into troll territory now. You feel some weird need to comment on nearly all my posts with weird strawman takes.
I think it’s funny that you had to take a shot Warner in order to make your argument in defense of the organization as usual. Warner may have been considered washed, but he had star persona. Just like a washed emmitt smith did.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard