With the passing of Mr B...Hearing Fitz and Plummer

SoCal Cardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Was a bit of a wake-up call for me...I hope I'm not too dramatic, But I bleed Cardinal red...
A win vs a loss can (sadly) dictate my mood for 24 hours or more (I think it was 2 weeks+ after the SB loss)

I guess sometime you need a reality check, it's asinine that I need a sports related incident to remind me of priorities (when it concerns my fandom) But that's the truth, I had a similar reaction when PT lost his life...I guess that kept me in check for a few years.

I HATE that I love this team.... I've been a football fan since I was 5 years old, Way back then, it was a lot easier being a football fan, I grew up in Tempe in the 70's, We obviously didn't have a team, so I just watched football, with no cares given on who won or lost.

When the Cards came to AZ... I finally had MY TEAM!

And it's basically done nothing but slowly rip my heart out, I hated dollar Bill and his cheap-ass ways... I tried to quit this team cold turkey more times than I can count, But as I grew older, and learned more about Mr B... I forgave him, and grew to admire him, when he handed it off to MB, It really looked like we were heading in the right direction...And we were for a while... Now we are back to rock bottom, and until this morning.. I was pretty pissed off about that.

Once again, I have perspective...And I have hope, hopefully it will last much longer if need be.

I wish the old man could have lived to see a Super Bowl win... I hope the same for myself and all of you...But if it doesn't happen... It's just a game.... And I'm grateful to the old man for giving me a team I've proudly called "My Team" since my Senior year of HS (1987)

GO NARDINALS!! (The nickname my wife has lovingly called them since I dragged her into this team)

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jdndndn