With the 8th pick in the NFL Draft......

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Ruiz is a stretch in the early round 2 area. I am holding out hope that Humphrey or Biadascz (sp?) is there. WOULD LOVE one of those two in round 2.
Ruiz is going to show as more athletic than Biadasz IMO. A teams preference will likely determine whether he is the 2nd or 3rd C taken in the draft. I think Humphrey goes in round 1. Biadasz and Ruiz both have program prestige on their side as well which teams do look at. C are so valuable you generally can count on them going a little higher than expected, especially if they can play OG as well. See Forrest Lamp, Cody Whitehair, and Dan Feeney for some recent examples of this.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
My favorite mock so far that I have put together is...

1-Tristan Wirfs - OT
2-Malik Harrison - ILB
3-Jordan Elliott - DL
4-Quartney Davis - WR
6-Adam Trautman - TE
7-John Simpson - OG

However, if you feel the Cardinals are pretty good with their OL (which I think they might be) this is how I see things going

1-Jerry Jeudy - WR
2-Cesar Ruiz - C
3-Khalid Kareem - OLB
4-Justin Strnad - ILB
6-Antonio Gibson - RB
7-Lynn Bowden - WR/Returner
Words can’t express how much I would love the Quartney Davis pick.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Ruiz is a stretch in the early round 2 area. I am holding out hope that Humphrey or Biadascz (sp?) is there. WOULD LOVE one of those two in round 2.
Humphrey going back to Oklahoma. Now there is a battle between Ruiz and Biadasz for top C in the draft. I think Ruiz is now a lock for round 2, and a possibility for round 1.

AZCrazy

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Biadasz is the next great center. He's going to brutalize people. Shivers...

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Biadasz is the next great center. He's going to brutalize people. Shivers...
The question on him is his athleticism. Also his shotgun snaps have been an issue at times. Not sure if those two are related or not. He is a bruiser inside that we have lacked for sure.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
With all our needs anyone at CB, OT, DT, Edge, LB.

Anything else is a waste.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Even CB is too much. There’s a logjam with PP, Alford, Murphy. Add a first round CB and I don’t know how we make it fit.
Alford is a bum & can be cut.

Rookie CB will take his place.

Peterson could not resign after 2020.

Boom, another hole open.

We can easily & should go CB rather high if the player is BPA.

You can neutralize a great pass-rush easier than great-coverage in today’s era.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
Alford is a bum & can be cut.

Rookie CB will take his place.

Peterson could resign after 2020.

Boom, another hole open.

We can easily & should go CB rather high if the player is BPA.

You can neutralize a great pass-rush easier than great-coverage in today’s era.

It’s just not a position that should be on the list at the moment when we have 7-9 roster spots to fill. We can get by with our corners. We have zero players at the other spots.

AsUpRoDiGy

Magnanimous
Reaction score
See above, but no starters. Limited money. Draft a CB while we have players under contract and end up with street free agents at one of the other positions.
If Okudah is there... you don't pass him up.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
It’s just not a position that should be on the list at the moment when we have 7-9 roster spots to fill. We can get by with our corners. We have zero players at the other spots.
It’s arguably the most important position on defense. It’s not like we’re strong there either. I’m not drafting the 4th best DT over the 2nd best CB just cause it fills a spot. That’s a bad way of GM’ing. Give me Okudah over Isaiah Simmons & Derrick Brown every time.

We can get by with our corners? No the hell we can’t. I hope Byron bounces back from an up-&-down rookie season, but I still don’t trust Peterson fully. Alford has been inconsistent before he even signed with us. Chris Jones I’m still diagnosing. Big possible chance Peterson & Alford won’t be on this team on 2021.

We’re liable to get by with Peters-Kerr-Gunter than our CBs.

AZCrazy

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Pure talent rankings in this draft:

Young
Burrow
Okudah
Jeudy
Simmons
Brown

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Yeah, you do. I’m sorry. I get BPA, but you have to manage the roster and accept that it can’t always be that. But if we trade away PP, sure.
This is a Keim way of thinking.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
It’s arguably the most important position on defense. It’s not like we’re strong there either. I’m not drafting the 4th best DT over the 2nd best CB just cause it fills a spot. That’s a bad way of GM’ing. Give me Okudah over Isaiah Simmons & Derrick Brown every time.

We can get by with our corners? No the hell we can’t. I hope Byron bounces back from an up-&-down rookie season, but I still don’t trust Peterson fully. Alford has been inconsistent before he even signed with us. Chris Jones I’m still diagnosing. Big possible chance Peterson & Alford won’t be on this team on 2021.

We’re liable to get by with Peters-Kerr-Gunter than our CBs.
This is a Keim way of thinking.
If you can fill the spots in FA, fine. Not every player needs to be a pro bowler or all-pro. I don’t want to watch us start an ILB that got cut at the end of training camp, or an outside linebacker like Alex Okafor so we can push more salary and players to positions where they won’t see the field.

Constantly replacing players we drafted a year ago or paid a significant contract to be here is a Keim way of thinking. Eventually you have to accept a level of talent at a position.

AsUpRoDiGy

Magnanimous
Reaction score
Yeah, you do. I’m sorry. I get BPA, but you have to manage the roster and accept that it can’t always be that. But if we trade away PP, sure.
PP isn't getting any younger. You draft BPA in the 1st round...especially with a talent like Okudah.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
PP isn't getting any younger. You draft BPA in the 1st round...especially with a talent like Okudah.
I’m normally all on board with BPA, but this team can’t function spending the same draft picks and money on the same position.

OP
OP
Dr. Jones

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
I’m going CB before ILB rather easily.

Statistically...... We gave up the 2nd best fantasy season to TE's of all time. We were so horrible guarding TE's we created Gronk just by putting Reddick, Walker, & Vallejo on the field.

The 2nd level of our defense was a run defense only, shaky mess of ineptitude.

I do agree that BPA needs to happen..... but to say we need a 2nd or even 3rd CB before we need a starting LBer seems wrong to me.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Statistically...... We gave up the 2nd best fantasy season to TE's of all time. We were so horrible guarding TE's we created Gronk just by putting Reddick, Walker, & Vallejo on the field.

The 2nd level of our defense was a run defense only, shaky mess of ineptitude.

I do agree that BPA needs to happen..... but to say we need a 2nd or even 3rd CB before we need a starting LBer seems wrong to me.
That’s why I hope we go the FA route hard for ILB. Littleton should be our prime FA Target. If the choice is between Okudah & Simmons, I’m going Okudah every time. I think CB impacts the game way more than a ILB.

Look at Baltimore for example. Their ILBs are nothing to write home about(honestly their front 7 really), but they are so good on defense because of their elite secondary. Humphrey, Peters, & Smith is a spectacular CB core.

I think not being able to cover TEs is a scheme more so than a personnel issue. Vance has had problems with it back in Denver.

Looking into 2021, CB will arguably be our biggest need if we sit still with it cause I doubt Peterson resigns & Alford will be on the team.