With the 8th pick in the NFL Draft......

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
on the OT choices -- a breakdown of the strengths and weaknesses of the big three produces an interesting range depending on what you value:

Very Best run blocker / very good but not great pass pro : Wills

Very Best Pass pro / very good but not great run blocking: Wirfs

Balance between the two above -- very good at both: Thomas

its interesting that all three of the above have lots of experience at right tackle, so its not a problem in terms of adapting to a new side

Praxis

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Take it for what it’s worth, but Gambo recently indicated (before Bama’s bowl game) that if the draft were held now, the Cards FO would go WR at 8 and prefer Jeudy over Lamb. It’s early and direction could change, but he’s usually over the target on these sort of things.

Apologies to all of the OT and Simmons honks.

It would be stupid to take Lamb at #8. I would trade down and load up on defense but since Keim is drafting and probably playing it safe, take the best WR in the draft: Jeudy.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Again it comes down to free agency. Go out and get Littleton and a d- lineman and I’ll be totally on board with Juedy or Lamb.

after that we can load up in the draft on defense.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
FA’s Cory Littleton at ILB and D.J. Reader, NT, Texans. Then draft BPA.

Why supplant Petters? Peters had a very good season.

I'd switch Reader for Vernon Butler from the Panthers. Had a good season after being lost behind more veteran guys for years.

Littleton should be #1 target, but I'm leery about throwing so much money to fix ILB. Danny Trevathan is likely out in Chicago and he would be a good band aid for ILB.

The guy I'd really throw some dough at???

Anthony Harris, FS Vikings. Tied for the lead in interceptions this year, but has always made plays on the ball. He is 28, so a 4-5 year deal would put him right at his window to start his decline.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Why supplant Petters? Peters had a very good season.

I'd switch Reader for Vernon Butler from the Panthers. Had a good season after being lost behind more veteran guys for years.

Littleton should be #1 target, but I'm leery about throwing so much money to fix ILB. Danny Trevathan is likely out in Chicago and he would be a good band aid for ILB.

The guy I'd really throw some dough at???

Anthony Harris, FS Vikings. Tied for the lead in interceptions this year, but has always made plays on the ball. He is 28, so a 4-5 year deal would put him right at his window to start his decline.
I would rather get Littleton and a DE in F/A. Trivathan is good but he will need to bring a lot of bandaids with him. He missed a lot of games.

BW52

Registered
Reaction score
Take it for what it’s worth, but Gambo recently indicated (before Bama’s bowl game) that if the draft were held now, the Cards FO would go WR at 8 and prefer Jeudy over Lamb. It’s early and direction could change, but he’s usually over the target on these sort of things.

Apologies to all of the OT and Simmons honks.
IMHO it would be incredibly stupid to draft a WR in the 1st round .Fix the defense .

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
I would rather get Littleton and a DE in F/A. Trivathan is good but he will need to bring a lot of bandaids with him. He missed a lot of games.

Littleton will cost a lot, and do the Cardinals really want to pay $15 million + for ILBs?

Keim just keeps failing at draft over positions, so the Cardinals end up missing out on solid players at the non premium positions in the middle of the draft.

3-4 DE should be able to be filled without breaking the bank.

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
There's a part of me thats thinks Lamb and Jeudy will be gone by the time we pick.

Giants, Lions and Panthers could all look at WR.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Littleton will cost a lot, and do the Cardinals really want to pay $15 million + for ILBs?

Keim just keeps failing at draft over positions, so the Cardinals end up missing out on solid players at the non premium positions in the middle of the draft.

3-4 DE should be able to be filled without breaking the bank.
It’s a lot of money to invest in our linebacking core when you add Jones and Hicks. Thats why I lean toward Simmons in the draft. I get the love for wr but this defense needs for starters. Two d-linemen, an outside linebacker and an inside linebacker.

So if we do draft a wr then we still need those 4 defensive positions.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
IMHO it would be incredibly stupid to draft a WR in the 1st round .Fix the defense .

At #8 yes but in the teens we shouldn’t be against it. Let’s hope it’s 2017 all over again where some QB’s fall unexpectedly. At the very least it’s give us options.

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
Littleton is probably going to want more than the 8m/year we paid Hicks (got him low due to injury history).

Littleton is nice but...

1) I don't think it makes sense to pay two ILB that kind of coin.
2) How are you going to justify to Hicks after the year he had that you paid another guy more?

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
So Insane.....

In less than 60 yards no less.
We’d have a Super Bowl Trophy if we had someone like that who could have tackled Harrison in the open field. It still drives me bat$hit that we let a 290 lb D-Linemen run 100 yards for a touchdown. Granted there were 3 clips on the play, but still:bang:

OP
OP
Dr. Jones

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
We’d have a Super Bowl Trophy if we had someone like that who could have tackled Harrison in the open field. It still drives me bat$hit that we let a 290 lb D-Linemen run 100 yards for a touchdown. Granted there were 3 clips on the play, but still:bang:
3 blocks in the back on that play. It was an effing travesty.

Tim Hightower does the superman pose on the way out of bounds and the ref just lets it slide.

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Just grab one of the top guys....Have fears about Keim having to evaluate olineman in the 2nd round.
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Last edited:

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Just grab one of the top guys....Have fears about Keim having to elavuate an olineman in the 2nd round.
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
My favorite mock so far that I have put together is...

1-Tristan Wirfs - OT
2-Malik Harrison - ILB
3-Jordan Elliott - DL
4-Quartney Davis - WR
6-Adam Trautman - TE
7-John Simpson - OG

However, if you feel the Cardinals are pretty good with their OL (which I think they might be) this is how I see things going

1-Jerry Jeudy - WR
2-Cesar Ruiz - C
3-Khalid Kareem - OLB
4-Justin Strnad - ILB
6-Antonio Gibson - RB
7-Lynn Bowden - WR/Returner

OP
OP
Dr. Jones

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
Ruiz is a stretch in the early round 2 area. I am holding out hope that Humphrey or Biadascz (sp?) is there. WOULD LOVE one of those two in round 2.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joseph Garrison