Will Myron Rolle Be A First Round Draft Pick?

earthsci

That Rapscallion!!
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
That is the question. This is a bet between SuperSpck and cardsfanmd that everyone can take part in. Odds are 1/1 because this is a straight up bet between the two of them.

OP
OP
earthsci

earthsci

That Rapscallion!!
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
By the way SuperSpck and cardsfanmd, you both should be betting $20,000,000,000,000.

BullheadCardFan

Go for it
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This guy is the #19 safety according to Draft countdown. 4.75? This guy is not going in the 1st round. I am laying some $ on this because I believe it's a sure thing.

19. Myron Rolle Florida State 6-2 223 4.75

cardsfanmd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
This guy is the #19 guy according to Draft countdown. 4.75? This guy is not going in the 1st round. I am laying some $ on this because I believe it's a sure thing.

19. Myron Rolle Florida State 6-2 223 4.75

That's the fastest I have seen him listed at. Most sites have him around a 4.8. In his wildest dreams he's the 4-5th ranked safety. When's the last time 4 safeties were taken in the 1st??

BullheadCardFan

Go for it
Supporting Member
Reaction score
How about an end date on this?

I don't think it should be left open until the draft. IRC Shane gives them about a week or so.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
I dont want to tie up all my cash till April!

BullheadCardFan

Go for it
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There is one. Right before the draft.
Why not? IMO the longer this is open, the more time that Rolle will have to impress, making it more interesting.
What if he breaks his leg or gets injured before the combine? Just saying. Everyone would have a chance to bet.The way I see it is that the bet is based on what we all know about Rolle today. Okay, that's my 2 cents. I don't care either way, just throwing it out there.

Running a good 40 time in the combine would make it interesting.

Shogun

Never doubt Mitch. EVER.
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

Easiest ASFN money you'll ever make. This is a LOADED safety class, and even if he didn't take the year off he wouldn't break Top 5. He was good, but he was never dominant at FSU despite his press clippings. Just really consistent and underwhelming considering the massive hype he had when enrolled. Wouldn't give up plays, but wouldn't exactly make them either. People are getting too wrapped up into the Rhodes Scholar business rather than actually remembering what he was as a player.

I don't think he would have went in the first round last year either.

SuperSpck

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
The exchange that started this:

We were discussing M. Rolle in another thread.
He believes Rolle won't be drafted in the first. He's likely right, but the draft can be pretty unpredictable.
What got me interested in betting anything was when Cmd said that some DEs will run faster than Rolle will. He wasn't being serious, just providing a fun example of the factor that will hurt Rolle's draft status.

The whole thing is here: http://www.arizonasportsfans.com/vb/f4/myron-rolle-is-going-to-be-a-stud-in-the-league-147540-2.html

In fact, that's a much better bet.
We should start a second vbookie on that.

But I maintain the draft is nuts enough that if Rolle has a good pro day and works with a sprinting coach he can gain some steam and bust through.
Of course, this isn't just Rolle, this is for any player.

Like Sho says, the safety class is too sexy this year.

But I like a longshot.

cardsfanmd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I will still take that bet that some DE somewhere (or someone who was a DE in college) will post a better time than Rolle :) V-Bookie it up :thumbup:

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
Would anybody like to give me some more ASFN bucks so I can bet more money on this?? :D

BullheadCardFan

Go for it
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Myron Rolle's off-field success could hurt in the draft

Posted by Michael David Smith on February 21, 2010 7:29 PM ET

ESPN's Outside the Lines ran a story Sunday morning about Myron Rolle, the Florida State defensive back who became a Rhodes Scholar and is now a prospect in the 2010 NFL draft.

The whole segment is worth watching, and the companion piece by Wright Thompson at ESPN.com is worth reading, but the Outside the Lines segment ended on an odd note, citing ESPN's draft experts as saying Rolle's off-field pursuits would actually hurt his stock among NFL teams.

The thinking, according to ESPN, is that NFL teams want to draft guys who need to play football and want to study nothing more than a playbook -- not guys like Rolle, who wants to become a doctor and enjoys studying the latest developments in stem cell research. The report said Rolle has dealt with this mentality before when his defensive coordinator at Florida State, Mickey Andrews, told Rolle that he was spending too much time on school and not enough time on football.

It's kind of a sad commentary: After a great piece about what a fine young man Rolle is, ESPN felt the need to point out that being a fine young man could, in Rolle's case, actually count against him on NFL teams' draft boards.

But it's surely true that Rolle could decide at any time to walk away from football and find greater success in another field. As far as NFL teams are concerned, that's not a good quality in a draft prospect.

SuperSpck

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I got no loot, take my congratulations on being on the right side of an argument... this time!
Muuhahhahahaha!

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard