Why does everyone seem to give Dallas no chance?

Mike Olbinski

Formerly Chandler Mike
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm not trying to come on here after the game and act like I knew what would happen, but before the game tonight, I picked Dallas to win the series. Even if they had lost tonight, I still would stand by my word.

I don't get why everyone underestimates this team. I thought they would beat Sacramento, Webber or not. This team has amazing fire power, and when on, I don't think anyone can stop them.

True, their defense is lacking...but against the Spurs, who gave away lead after lead in the post-season, if anyone is going to take advantage of the Spurs' poor play at the end of games, it will be Dallas.

Maybe most of you picked Dallas too, but from the media's standpoint, they seem to have no chance. It's like the Spurs beat L.A., so it's over.

Do you all agree with that? Just wondering...it's just interesting to me.

Mike

arthurracoon

The Cardinal Smiles
Reaction score
Dallas will win the championship if they can shoot well.

the Spurs are NOT that great, and I don't see how they could become a dynasty.

THEY KEEP BLOWING 18 POINT LEADS.

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm pulling for Dallas. Their biggest obstacle to winning it all was the Lakers, who simply OWN them. With the Lakers gone, I hope Dallas can get it done. It'd be nice to see former Laker Nickie Maxwell van Exel sizing up a ring at last. :thumbup:

Joe Mama

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Brian in Mesa
I'm pulling for Dallas. Their biggest obstacle to winning it all was the Lakers, who simply OWN them. With the Lakers gone, I hope Dallas can get it done. It'd be nice to see former Laker Nickie Maxwell van Exel sizing up a ring at last. :thumbup:

You mean with the Lakers out, and since Chris Webber was injured. I'm praying there is not a Dallas-New Jersey Finals. I would probably have to cheer on the Nets. I really do not like Dallas.

Joe Mama

cly2tw

Reaction score
They keep blowing 18 pts leads in early games of a series! And each time they came back to dominate in the later games. OK, in Suns' case that was due to Marbs' injury but their game 6 closeout of the Lakers were impressive enough. I don't think defending Shaq-Kobe attack is any easier than any fire-power combination the Mavs could throuw out there. I still think Spurs in 6.

slinslin

Welcome to Amareca
Reaction score
I always want to cheer for Dallas, they even have our german wunderkind but even against the Kings I somehow wanted them to lose.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Hmmm...

You know, for 10 years, from our glory year of 93 until this past year, we have heard the same cliche over and over and over...

Defense wins championships.

If that is true, how can Dallas win it all??

OP
OP
Mike Olbinski

Mike Olbinski

Formerly Chandler Mike
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Chaplin
Hmmm...

You know, for 10 years, from our glory year of 93 until this past year, we have heard the same cliche over and over and over...

Defense wins championships.

If that is true, how can Dallas win it all??

Cause no defense can stop them if they're hitting :)

Also, when your opponent can't hit free throws and routinely blow 18-point leads, that cliche gets thrown out.

Mike

LakeShowMan

Registered
Reaction score
Originally posted by Joe Mama
You mean with the Lakers out, and since Chris Webber was injured. I'm praying there is not a Dallas-New Jersey Finals. I would probably have to cheer on the Nets. I really do not like Dallas.

Joe Mama

I agree with you. I'd have to cheer for the Nets as well. Gotta give love to my boy B. Scott. However, I would get very sick of all the articles that were to follow saying "Jason Kidd makes everyone better", "Jason Kidd should have been MVP thae last 2 years", "Jason Kidd is the best PG of all-time!!!, blah, blah, blah"

Just like after Stockton was done and everyone said he is the best PG of all-time. No offense to Stockton or anyone else that played the position, but it seems that people forget that Magic Johnson played this game. How can anyone even begin to say there was ever a better PG than him?

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jdndndn