Why can't we delete threads?

O

LD @ F.O.H.
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
I thought I had a way to link songs but it didn't work out.
I tried to delete the thread and I can't.
This was all within a matter of minutes.
We used to be able to delete threads. Why can't we now?
Please don't blame it on vBookie.

thirty-two

boglehead
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This isn't new, O. Remember back in the day when there was a serial thread deleter and it lowered everyone's post count? Dont quote me, but I'm pretty sure that's what changed things. Plus, as mods, we dont delete threads, we move them to the trash can, that way post count is still intact.

You can edit your posts and delete non thread starting posts.

OP
OP
O

O

LD @ F.O.H.
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
This isn't new, O. Remember back in the day when there was a serial thread deleter and it lowered everyone's post count? Dont quote me, but I'm pretty sure that's what changed things. Plus, as mods, we dont delete threads, we move them to the trash can, that way post count is still intact.

There is no option to delete post or thread.

OP
OP
O

O

LD @ F.O.H.
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score

But: Back in the day you used to be able to delete threads within minutes of posting. You can't do that anymore.

jw7

Woof!
LEGACY MEMBER
Supporting Member
Reaction score
But: Back in the day you used to be able to delete threads within minutes of posting. You can't do that anymore.

Wow, that was almost 6 years ago.

No Kate is exactly right. There was a serial thread deleter and it pissed everyone off when they made a thread, let people reply. and people got pissed when their replies were deleted. I don't think people care about post count so much any more, but having their replies physically deleted is unfair.

Nobody except admins can physically delete threads, not even the mods or supermods.

If you need a thread "deleted" just ask a mod to trash it.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jdndndn