Am I the only one who doesn't like Google's suite of software?

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
At work we use it, docs, sheets etc. What I don't like is it's just not intuitive which is supposed to be the point.

An example today an elevator was offline so I do the incident report in Google Docs and then I have to put that report into a spread sheet in Google sheets of all the incidents at sites by location. But you can't just take that report and do a "save as" and then put it into the folder it needs to go into. No that would be easy.

You have to take the title of the document, highlight it and copy it and paste that into an empty line on the sheet. Then you highlight that and hit control K, now it's a link. Then you paste that and hit apply and now that document is linked from the spreadsheet. The end works but it's not intuitive at all?

Admittedly this is old dog new tricks but even the person who was showing me how to do it said yeah if you're used to microsoft apps or Apple, or anything intuitive this won't make sense.

Bada0Bing

Don't Stop Believin'
Reaction score
I like gmail for personal use. I tried using google sheets for personal cash forecasting and it was such a pain I finally caved and bought excel.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard