Why can't the Diamondbacks sell out?

Highpointer

Reaction score
If you go to the Colorado Rockies website to purchase tickets for NLCS games at Coors Field, you are unable to do so because they are sold out. However, with just a little over 24 hours to go before the start of NLCS game 1 at Chase Field, the Diamondbacks have yet to sell out.

Why are the Diamondbacks unable to sell out? What is wrong with people living in this area? We really need to develop an attitude in this city that is more like cities like Boston, New York, and Chicago, where people really come out in droves to watch their teams.

Phxchris1989

Registered
Reaction score
Agreed, but that will come in time. For a 10 year old expansion team, they probably have a solid foundation for a big following in the next few decades. It could have been much worse IMO, imagine if we were the Devil Rays. I do feel for the players, all that talent is going unnoticed from the low turnout, though hopefully they'll play through it and still bring success so that in 40 years it'll be called "Dbacks Nation". Just my take.

Last edited:

az240zz

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
according to Gambo and Ash the rockies tickets are half the price of the Dbacks tickets.

az240z

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
according to Gambo and Ash the rockies tickets are half the price of the Dbacks tickets.

az240z

A comparison from MLB.com

NLDS

Rockies $10-$70
D-backs $15-185

NLCS

Rockies: $30-100
D-backs: $25-200

HooverDam

Reaction score
Im predicting that the game will end up being a sell out, there will be a lot of last minute buyers and walk up purchases.

Scott MS

Registered
Reaction score
I'm going tonight, but I'll tell you why it isn't selling out yet. The tickets are way overpriced. I paid $92 to sit behind the bullpen in right field.

It will sell out, though, by game time.

HooverDam

Reaction score
I'm going tonight, but I'll tell you why it isn't selling out. The tickets are way overpriced. I paid $92 to sit behind the bullpen in right field.

It will sell out, though, by game time.

Agreed, I'd love to go, but as someone just out of college, I can't afford to pay $60 for upper deck nose bleeds. $15 or so I could do, but $60 is quite steep. But I agree by gametime it will be packed.

sr7706

Registered
Reaction score
Some tickets doubled in price from the last game...

Seat Location
Division Series--- Championship Series
Clubhouse Box$ 185.00 $ 200.00
You must be registered for see images

1st/3rd Base Box$ 115.00 $ 135.00

Club Box$ 70.00 $ 100.00

Club Reserve$ 60.00 $ 80.00

Dugout Box$ 115.00 $ 135.00

Infield Box$ 70.00 $ 110.00

Baseline Reserve$ 55.00 $ 85.00

Bullpen Reserve$ 55.00 $ 85.00

Bleacher$ 35.00 $ 60.00

MVP Box$ 35.00 $ 75.00

Infield Reserve$ 30.00 $ 60.00

Outfield Reserve$ 15.00 $ 25.00

As of this morning the cheapest avaliable are 60.00 You can still by an entire row of 20 seats in the upper deck together as well.

Last edited:

AzKarl

Veteran
Reaction score
DBacks are obviously taking advantage of the postseason

To gain additional revenue by jacking up the prices. I never believed the league setsprices and have always thought that it was a local option based on what the market would bear. I guarantee the BoSox will charge much more than the DBACKS.

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
To gain additional revenue by jacking up the prices. I never believed the league setsprices and have always thought that it was a local option based on what the market would bear. I guarantee the BoSox will charge much more than the DBACKS.

The league does set prices - but whether that is a range, or based on what MLB thinks the market will bear is unknown.

And yes, the BoSox charge more - in the Regular season as well. They only have 35,000 seats to sell...

AZZenny

Reaction score
btw, I have infield 'nosebleeds' -- up top row 15, between Home and first -- for my regular season tix and like all the folks around me, have renewed the same seats for 5 or more years -- they are excellent. Much above row 18 is a bit high, and below row 12 you can get vision obstructions if you aren't careful. $60 is about three times the regular per-ticket price for 'premium' opponents, and sure, it seems high -- but if it's game 7 of the NLCS that may seem a little more acceptable.

HooverDam

Reaction score

Oooh I didn't even think of places like Stubhub- I'm dumb! I have to be at the airport tonight, so Ill be listening on radio, but Ill probably buy a ticket for tomorrow (even though I have no friends who like baseball and will have to go alone).

EDIT: Also how are people selling these for less than face value? The cheapest you can get tickets for from the Dbacks site is $25, how can there be ones for sale on Stubhub for $5?

crisper57

Open the Roof!
Reaction score
Oooh I didn't even think of places like Stubhub- I'm dumb! I have to be at the airport tonight, so Ill be listening on radio, but Ill probably buy a ticket for tomorrow (even though I have no friends who like baseball and will have to go alone).

EDIT: Also how are people selling these for less than face value? The cheapest you can get tickets for from the Dbacks site is $25, how can there be ones for sale on Stubhub for $5?

Answer: Brokers bought in bulk and now that demand isn't great, they are offloading their stock to at least recoup some of their losses. If this game was sold out, there would be no <$25 tickets.

coyoteshockeyfan

Fool In The Rain
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I wish I had thought of StubHub if there really are tickets that cheap.

MigratingOsprey

Thank You Paul!
Reaction score
stubhub has some great deals - currently you can sit in the uppers behind the plate for $17 + fees - face is going for $60

if i could drop my plans already scheduled for tonight i'd be there