Who in 2

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
Tons of talent left. Since it seems the Cards are thinking 2 year rebuild, they could take a talent that needs some seasoning. A guy like Keion White fits that. If they do go center, which I wouldn’t, hopefully they take Schmitz or Tippmann. Of course thinking 2 years Wypler would be in play. I wouldn’t take Porter. He’s not the ballhawk the Cards need. Likely goes to Steelers anyway. If they are considering trading Baker, Branch checks quite a few boxes. He’s dropping for some unknown reason, but Ika is still there. The Cards might be thinking round 3 if they get lucky. A long shot could be DJ Turner. With so many options on the board, they might trade down a little especially if they could get another third.

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
Who is the best fit CB still on the board for us?

Will anyone trade up for Levis?

DL/OL - need another starter at #33

C - We should probably wait until later round 2 (trade down) or round 3 for C unless we think Schmitz is a potential impact starter at C for many years.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Tons of talent left. Since it seems the Cards are thinking 2 year rebuild, they could take a talent that needs some seasoning. A guy like Keion White fits that. If they do go center, which I wouldn’t, hopefully they take Schmitz or Tippmann. Of course thinking 2 years Wypler would be in play. I wouldn’t take Porter. He’s not the ballhawk the Cards need. Likely goes to Steelers anyway. If they are considering trading Baker, Branch checks quite a few boxes. He’s dropping for some unknown reason, but Ika is still there. The Cards might be thinking round 3 if they get lucky. A long shot could be DJ Turner. With so many options on the board, they might trade down a little especially if they could get another third.
Why wouldn't you go center? It's been a problem position pretty much since I've been a Cards fan. When Sendlein has been by far your best center since before '88, ya got problems at the position.

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Who is the best fit CB still on the board for us?

Will anyone trade up for Levis?

DL/OL - need another starter at #33

C - We should probably wait until later round 2 (trade down) or round 3 for C unless we think Schmitz is a potential impact starter at C for many years.
I am wondering what type of offers they might get if someone really wants Levi’s or Hooker

CardsFan1399

Rookie
Reaction score
I like the idea of a C/IOL at 33 unless Cards get a tradeback haul from a team looking to snag Levi. Cards are a couple years away from competing; may as well stock up in the trenches where guys typically have longer careers. Use next year’s draft capital to snag the explosive players.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Find it tough to call. So many needs. So many options.

My money is on trade back. After that it's tough to call. Defense most likely. Probably CB.

phillycard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Harry, I'm absolutely going Porter Jr. He may not be as spectacular as others, but I've watched enough PSU football to love what I see. He and Marco Wilson would make me pretty happy. That being said, would you go Ringo instead?? I could go for that!

Fitz4Ever

Veteran
Reaction score
too many solid players to pick at 33 IMO. We should trade down a bit...like maybe 5 picks at most...and then in order I would prefer.

Adebawore- Defensive line - This guys is an athletic freak with some actual production. He could play anywhere along the line and once he goes, I think there aren't really any other players like him.

Interior O line - Continue adding beef. We could add Torrence, Avila, or whichever center we think is best and I would be fine with it.

Corner- There should still be a starting CB there. We need one. Pretty simple

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Harry, I'm absolutely going Porter Jr. He may not be as spectacular as others, but I've watched enough PSU football to love what I see. He and Marco Wilson would make me pretty happy. That being said, would you go Ringo instead?? I could go for that!

Hard to see him getting past the Steelers, but if the Steelers are tempted by someone moving up for QB then I agree it should be Porter.

Another very high character guy that should be high on the Cards board.

Little E

Reaction score
Trade back with Raiders or Titans as they will want Levis, then take Avilla to play center.

OP
OP
Harry

Harry

Reaction score
Not crazy about either but if I had to choose between them, Porter. The Cards need a ballhawk and Wilson isn‘t.

NMCard

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I would like MO to draft a smart, physical center with leadership qualities.
I’m with y’all that say that the Cards could move down a little if they find an interested party.
An extra pick later and still get quality with IOL for moving from 33.

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
it sure seems like there around 10 players who would really help in the 2nd round -- if you have a chance to trade back some spots and add picks, i would do it

slug of QB needy teams follow in the next ten slots or so: LAR, SEA, LV, NO, TEN

of course, if they want to move up, they are calling PIT first

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Why wouldn't you go center? It's been a problem position pretty much since I've been a Cards fan. When Sendlein has been by far your best center since before '88, ya got problems at the position.
Reading other post from Harry he believes we could trade down and still get a center, which would be great.
However, waiting until the 3rd round for a center will be a development type player. I’d prefer to get a guy that can step in today.

JD Robertson

Registered
Reaction score
If a trade back a few spots nets us another 3rd and they like enough guys to not miss then I pull the trigger on the trade. I would like to see a center because I don't want to see Price on the field again. Still upset we didn't take the C the Chiefs have now, his name eludes me. Build the O-Line has been the mantra for us Cards fans for years might as well do it at some point with quality guys instead of project type guys.

OP
OP
Harry

Harry

Reaction score
I would like MO to draft a smart, physical center with leadership qualities.
I’m with y’all that say that the Cards could move down a little if they find an interested party.
An extra pick later and still get quality with IOL for moving from 33.
That would be Schmitz.

OP
OP
Harry

Harry

Reaction score
Reading other post from Harry he believes we could trade down and still get a center, which would be great.
However, waiting until the 3rd round for a center will be a development type player. I’d prefer to get a guy that can step in today.
The third round guys are still play immediately.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Wypler makes too much sense in a trade back.

Cards already linked to him. Good friends with Paris. Played with each other.

Maybe they take the whole Ohio O line. Small trade back and pick up a 3rd. Take Dawand Jones in the 2nd and Wypler in the 3rd :)

Last edited:

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've been pimping Schmitz as the Cardinals pick at #34 for the last 3 months. Would be so stoked if they moved back a few spots from #33 and still are able to land him.

The thought of Hernandez, Schmitz and Johnson lined up in the middle would be a physical force to reckon with! Especially with the Cardinals wanting to be more of a ball control offense that uses the RB more.

Then snag a RB with one of their 3rd rounders to complement Conner and the offense is pretty set.