Who in 2

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
The Branch comp I agree with is Minka Fitzpatrick and I feel that is where his best spot will be.

gmabel830

It's football season!!
Reaction score
Personally, I don't like banking on speed backs earlier in the draft. Give me a guy who will get you six yards when two are blocked.
I wasn’t suggesting at 33, Tucker/Spears would be 3rd round targets (probably one of our late thirds), and Vaughn probably later.

There’s some good RB talent left, and wouldn’t mind grabbing one with one of our thirds. I think several left have the opportunity to be really good - and a guy like Roschon Johnson or Tank Bigsby could be a more solid option to replace Connor after this year vs a speed guy to complement Conner.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
I wasn’t suggesting at 33, Tucker/Spears would be 3rd round targets (probably one of our late thirds), and Vaughn probably later.

There’s some good RB talent left, and wouldn’t mind grabbing one with one of our thirds. I think several left have the opportunity to be really good - and a guy like Roschon Johnson or Tank Bigsby could be a more solid option to replace Connor after this year vs a speed guy to complement Conner.
I basically look at it like this: speed backs really only have an advantage when they bust a long run. Power backs offer more down-to-down advantage. Conner is a power back, yes, but he's a power back with minus speed. Get a guy with adequate speed.

I'd be looking at McBride, Kendre Miller, and Bigsby. Roschon Johnson is intriguing.

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Why wouldn't you go center? It's been a problem position pretty much since I've been a Cards fan. When Sendlein has been by far your best center since before '88, ya got problems at the position.
There are still 4 really good centers available. I would trade down and secure a couple more picks & still grab a very good center either later in the round or in the 3rd. The center that I’m not hearing enough about who I think may be the best in the draft is Ricky Stromberg, Arkansas. But, Schmitz, Tippmann, and Wypler are all there. Definitely some very good Edge guys still out there: I like Keion White, BJ Ojulari. And there are a couple of IOL guys like O’Cyrus & Avila. And DT’s like Benton & Ika. And of course, the CB class is deep. I don’t think we go CB just yet, because Gannon trusts his ability to do more with less at that position.

Zalixar

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Trade down
Trade Dhop

Avila
Dline
 CB
Center
RB

Hoping Steelers grab Porter.

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
RB wise: Tyjae Spears out of Tulane with the last 3rd round pick. Give the RB rotation some juice it currently lacks

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Harry, I'm absolutely going Porter Jr. He may not be as spectacular as others, but I've watched enough PSU football to love what I see. He and Marco Wilson would make me pretty happy. That being said, would you go Ringo instead?? I could go for that!

NEVER!!!!! Just that name gives me nightmares!!!!

You must be registered for see images attach

football karma

Reaction score
everyone in the media expects a C at #33 --

curious if any of the calls to the Steelers are from a team that also loves a C

Snakester

Draft Man
Reaction score
As much as I would like to take Schmitz I would take Torrence at 33. Getting the most dominating guard in the draft would be my pick. If Schmitz is still there in the back half of the 2nd we can always trade up to get him.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
Love me some Avila. And would be fine with O'Cyrus Torrence or a great center.

football karma

Reaction score
AQ Shipley was on with Wolf and Luke-- interesting take on OC Torrance

he is assuming the Cards will be running lots of outside zone, stretch zone, etc --- AQ said Torrance is much more a power, straight ahead guy. Not the best fit.

daves

Keepin' it real!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just checked a draft trade calculator, and this one lines up in terms of pick value and makes sense for both teams.

TEN gets 33 and 95
AZ gets 41 and 72
Good call - but the Cardinals did a bit better than that. They gave up the 33 and 81 rather than the 33 and 95... but got the 41, 72, AND a 3rd next year.

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
Well Harry that was uninspiring. Now the Cards are in a pickle at center, Dline & CB. Our 3 major holes coming in, are still major holes

Let’s hope for a plan starting in rd 3

QuebecCard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I'm starting to get a sliver of hope that Wypler slides to us. Ohpleaseohpleaseohplease...
The Athletic - Dane Brugler

133. Luke Wypler, C, Ohio State (6-2, 303)​

Wypler is sawed-off and will be force-fed his vegetables as he adapts to NFL power, but his above-average athleticism and handwork help him stay in position. He is ideally suited for a zone team and projects as an NFL backup with the potential to be more.

Grade: Fourth-fifth round

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson