Whiz has improved a little but Horton is reason why we have improved.

AZ Native

Living is Easy with Eyes Closed
Reaction score
OK, I think i have it now. If Whiz takes us to the Super Bowl, it was because of Haley. Now the have won 5 of 6, it is Horton. In between, Whiz was a terrible coach.

What other coach gets none of the credit and all of the blame? Look at some of the greatest head coaches of all time, their assistant coaches are hall of fame material. Did anyone fault Parcells when Billichick was his coordinator? I could go on and on but it will not convince the haters. :bang::bang::bang:

THESMEL

Smushdown! Take it like a fan!
Reaction score
who said that?

He hire Mike and Chris miller Too. We have the talent to get 3 offensive big plays a game with Ronald Mcdonald at OC and DA at QB!

8 carries for Beanie in the first Niners game and then used him as a DECOY most the 2nd game. 181 carries while other backs are topping 300 carries.
Beanie needs 7 carries the opening 1/4 minimum, We have seen what he can do with a balanced gameplan.

Horton may be the better Head Coach! But I don't agree the most important job is hiring staff, just has been a major Whiz failure, Behind grimmm and Spencer We are the weakest staff in the NFL. They may not get NFL jobs!

The head coach's most important job is hiring coordinators to implement what he wants. He hired Horton. Nuff said.

52brandon

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
He hire Mike and Chris miller Too. We have the talent to get 3 offensive big plays a game with Ronald Mcdonald at OC and DA at QB!

8 carries for Beanie in the first Niners game and then used him as a DECOY most the 2nd game. 181 carries while other backs are topping 300 carries.
Beanie needs 7 carries the opening 1/4 minimum, We have seen what he can do with a balanced gameplan.

Horton may be the better Head Coach! But I don't agree the most important job is hiring staff, just has been a major Whiz failure, Behind grimmm and Spencer We are the weakest staff in the NFL. They may not get NFL jobs!
Beanie is constantly hurt. He can put the yards up when his body permits, wouldn't surprise me to learn the team downplays his injuries just so we can use him to take a little pressure off the passing game

and yes, Horton and an infusion of young, talented, disciplined players are the main reason we're winning. But Whiz and the front office picked em. I preached patience in preseason, it is a rebuilding year. The ONLY coach and GM to take this franchise to a superbowl, and half the fans want to fire em after one losing season... I guess Phoenix and Philly have similar fans

THESMEL

Reaction score
I would agree

We had the same problem before Beanie, Edge tried to lead, got benched tried to lead from the bench, got used up and cut, THT over Beanie really!

Whiz is allergic to the run and addicted to the pass regardless of the QB, RB , oline....... about 2-1 and it kills our defense, special teams and makes the entire team inconsistant, play to play, game to game, season to season.

Which cardinal team will show up this week? at least the TOP balanced up after over 2-1 in the 1st half against the Niners.

yes we can out perform teams inconsistantly, But i think we could have ran the ball every week with Edge and Beanie and THT as a back up, Our coach lacks the will and it shows.

Beanie is constantly hurt. He can put the yards up when his body permits, wouldn't surprise me to learn the team downplays his injuries just so we can use him to take a little pressure off the passing game

and yes, Horton and an infusion of young, talented, disciplined players are the main reason we're winning. But Whiz and the front office picked em. I preached patience in preseason, it is a rebuilding year. The ONLY coach and GM to take this franchise to a superbowl, and half the fans want to fire em after one losing season... I guess Phoenix and Philly have similar fans

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
The ONLY coach and GM to take this franchise to a superbowl, and half the fans want to fire em after one losing season... I guess Phoenix and Philly have similar fans

The Cards lost 15 of 18 games from the bye week in 2010 through the blown lead vs the Ravens this season. That'll get the fans in any city upset.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
The rest of the league has a lot of respect for Whisenhunt and often I hear other teams say Whisenhunt is a good coach. They do not say that about everyone out of kindess, if Whis stunk, they would just say nothing. I think Whis can be stubborn but also it has helped him stay the course. I like him as the head coach...just wish we had more of a football guy at GM to balance out some of Whis' decisions from time to time in player evaluation.

OP
OP
C

Cards_Campos

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Sure, come back and bash the coach after a great turn around some good wins.... that' so Cards Campos. I aint going to post how the offense has also changed, and how it is part of the reason why we are winning, regardless of who is at QB. I like your disappearing act the best.

gee that was nice...again attacking the poster. I asked a simple question nothing more or nothing less. I have and will always be a Cardinal fan. Doesn't mean I won't get upset. The Cardinals are a better team than 6-7 in my opinion. Just because he won 5 of 6 doesn't mask over the 13 out of 16 we lost right before it.

Try ignoring me...that way I will always stay disappeared to you. I am free to come and post whenever I feel like it...Free country. Doesnt make you a better fan because you put up with crap.

OP
OP
C

Cards_Campos

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I also understand the backing for WHiz. I mean we win he has to be a major part of the whole equation. I just feel that the defense is light years ahead of the offense unless we throw deep to Fitz more. But I will take any wins no matter how or WHO is responsible.

THESMEL

Reaction score
I like Whiz, I think his behavior is stupid. His hires are stupid. And his personell moves are stupid. He can still change it around, may be.

But it is not his offense that is superior it is his defense. Our offense is still 3 and out or a big play, unbalanced with poor QB play. We are slightly off the bottom in stats, on all sides of the ball. we are not last in everything like last year, but we are not far from it!

Much closer to last than first, but Our nerw defense is improving, Our offense is stale at best.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
Too much complaining about the lack of run plays. SF has one of the best rush defenses in the league and they shut Beanie down. The big plays last week came through the air and we have to get our best player involved (Fitz).

When we play the 32nd ranked rush defense (Rams) i have no problem with Beanie getting a ton of carries (like he did). Arm-chair play callers need to stop with this.

Catfish

Registered
Reaction score
Hey guys and gals. Whiz has been coaching here for some time now. I have given credit to him regularly and often for the good things he has done to change the culture of losing here. By the same token, I have also chastised him for his stubborness and his unwillingness to change what has not worked, or to improve what has failed game after game, week after week, and year after year. We still have one of the worst offensive lines in the league, and it is still built around basically the same players that anchored it more than four years ago. That is on Whiz. Until just partway through this season we were still a pass first team, although we have not had a QB who could operate that system for the past two years. THat was on Whiz. I have followed this team for long before Whiz came here, and I hope to follow it for long after he's gone. He IS one of the better coaches we have had here, but he did NOT build the team that took us to the Super Bowl. He inherited those players, excepting basically Levi Brown, and the WR that followed Haley to KC, (I can't remember his name now, and yes it sucks to get old). I believe it is fair to say that during his time as a starting guard for the Cardinals, Deuce Lutui was consistently our best offensive lineman, overweight or not. He sits on the bench now, and has all year because he is in Whiz' dog house), but he is probably still our best offensive lineman. We all get on our Front Office for lack of better players, but the only one I can think of that Whiz really wanted, that they refused to go after was Mark Bulger last year, (after Whiz got them to sign Derek Anderson first). Whiz has gotten virtually every player he has asked for, and many of them have not passed the muster. He as allowed other crucial players to get away from us without trying to resign them.

Yes, Whiz is a good coach. He is not a glorified God who's every move is gold, or is even solid. He is above mediocre, (but not much in my opinion), and unless he learns from guys like Horton to cut his losses and adapt to change as needed, he will never again visit the Super Bowl. Right now, we are dallying around with Calais Campbell. Whiz should be doing everything he can to see that this man is signed to a contract extension. He has done nothing to prod the FO to even consider that we need to get that contract done ASAP.

Whiz might yet take the lineup he currently has into the playoffs, maybe even deep. That probably won't happen this year. If, and when he does, I will acknowledge his success and the reasons for it, just as I have pointed out his weaknesses. Meanwhile, don't expect me to sing praises of what he hasn't earned or even demanded. This organization is steeped in losses. It has been for its entirety. Just because Whiz has them playing better than 500 is not reason for hailing him as the next coaching God. The fact that we have some pretty decent players, a great state-of-the-art stadium that plays before packed houses, and due to the collective bargaining agreement that will now force ownership to spend up to the level of our competition on salaries, and that we have great weather and a good culture to raise families in, has nothing to do with Whiz, but it does contribute to our W-L record. When Whiz destroyed our QB situation, I said that it is up to him to fix it. He still has not done that. If he does, and fields a playoff caliber team consistently, I will be glad to give him credit for it.

Last edited:

Catfish

Registered
Reaction score
You know this how?

The same way you don't know it how? If he had said something, (anything) about such a topic, someone would have leaked it, or twittered it, or face booked it ect, etc, and it would have eventually gotten around to this board and someone like you would have claimed a prized bit of information, and plastered it all over this board Shane.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The same way you don't know it how? If he had said something, (anything) about such a topic, someone would have leaked it, or twittered it, or face booked it ect, etc, and it would have eventually gotten around to this board and someone like you would have claimed a prized bit of information, and plastered it all over this board Shane.

I don't know if he has or he hasn't. But all of this bolded gibberish above is comical to say the least. You don't see me stating something as a known fact like you are when the only fact is you are freaking clueless!

Last edited:

cardsfanmd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I don't know if he has or he hasn't. But all of this bolded gibberish above is comical to say the least. You don't see me stating something as a known fact like you are when the only fact is you are freaking clueless!

Shane, everything he says is absolute gibberish. I can't believe you waste your time reading that drivel. Get it together bud!!

Catfish

Registered
Reaction score
Well, ----- It's nice to see that Shane and Cardsfanmd are once again out in force acting as the thought police. Both of them like to pretend that this forum is only a place for fact, and that there is no place for opinion. They consider fact, as some thing that they read or saw or heard from some 'expert'. I guess if Mayock said it, it then becomes fact. But if a mere poster on this board says it, it is simply mindless gibberish.

This is a forum. It is a place where thoughts and opinions are discussed as well as a place for factual disclosure. If you don't care for my opinion, you may ignore it. Meanwhile, I will continue to follow this team and discuss it, and give my opinion of it just as I always have. I have not yet seen any instructions for posters stating that they must go through Shane's clearinghouse before posting on this board. I simply choose to review the subject, form an opinion, and post it. Unlike some, I take no pleasure into turning every posted thread into a pissing contest.

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well, ----- It's nice to see that Shane and Cardsfanmd are once again out in force acting as the thought police. Both of them like to pretend that this forum is only a place for fact, and that there is no place for opinion. They consider fact, as some thing that they read or saw or heard from some 'expert'. I guess if Mayock said it, it then becomes fact. But if a mere poster on this board says it, it is simply mindless gibberish.

This is a forum. It is a place where thoughts and opinions are discussed as well as a place for factual disclosure. If you don't care for my opinion, you may ignore it. Meanwhile, I will continue to follow this team and discuss it, and give my opinion of it just as I always have. I have not yet seen any instructions for posters stating that they must go through Shane's clearinghouse before posting on this board. I simply choose to review the subject, form an opinion, and post it. Unlike some, I take no pleasure into turning every posted thread into a pissing contest.

Feel free to ignore those who disagree with you as well.

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Too much complaining about the lack of run plays. SF has one of the best rush defenses in the league and they shut Beanie down. The big plays last week came through the air and we have to get our best player involved (Fitz).

When we play the 32nd ranked rush defense (Rams) i have no problem with Beanie getting a ton of carries (like he did). Arm-chair play callers need to stop with this.

Agree!

PJ1

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Difference is you made the statement. Shane posted nothing either way.

Every argument you make is flawed when you throw in these statements that have no basis in fact.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Difference is you made the statement. Shane posted nothing either way.

Every argument you make is flawed when you throw in these statements that have no basis in fact.

Thanks for explaining to him PJ :thumbup:

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
PJ1 newest member of thought police. I will join if I get a cool badge.

desertdawg

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
gee that was nice...again attacking the poster. I asked a simple question nothing more or nothing less. I have and will always be a Cardinal fan. Doesn't mean I won't get upset. The Cardinals are a better team than 6-7 in my opinion. Just because he won 5 of 6 doesn't mask over the 13 out of 16 we lost right before it.

Try ignoring me...that way I will always stay disappeared to you. I am free to come and post whenever I feel like it...Free country. Doesnt make you a better fan because you put up with crap.
I agree, free country, free to post, fan how ever you want, all that good stuff. I just don't consider my style of fanning "putting up with crap", and I could never ignore a brilliant mind such as yours. I went into the year promising patience, understanding we were re-building, and I lost it there for a little while, playcall was my biggest gripe but that has changed up some now. Team is winning, Whiz has righted the ship, that's what good coaches do.

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I agree, free country, free to post, fan how ever you want, all that good stuff. I just don't consider my style of fanning "putting up with crap", and I could never ignore a brilliant mind such as yours. I went into the year promising patience, understanding we were re-building, and I lost it there for a little while, playcall was my biggest gripe but that has changed up some now. Team is winning, Whiz has righted the ship, that's what good coaches do.

As long as you stop calling "hotels" " hoties"....